Quintin Mikell will be on the market

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by aussie_texan, May 8, 2011.

1. aussie_texan

aussie_texan Hall of Fame

Whenever free agency begins, Eagles safety Quintin Mikell will be a free agent. The fact that he’s on the wrong side of 30 and hasn’t received a new deal means that he likely won’t.

And he knows it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/08/quintin-mikell-knows-his-time-in-philly-is-over/

This is an article from profootballtalk saying the mikell feels like he wont be re-signed by the eagles.

His 30 years old but i think he would be a great stop-gap option for us for the next 3-4 years. There are a few safeties possibly hitting the market like weddle, landry (ravens) and huff.

so whats your thoughts on mikell??

if this has already been posted either delete on merge it.

GO TEXANS

2. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Gets my vote as he can cover and hit but to come to Houston I think he will overprice himself as is apparent in that article

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

After the Dawkins treatment, Mikell saw the handwriting on the wall, especially after the Eagles took a S in the draft :

http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-08/sports/29522739_1_howie-roseman-sean-considine-quintin-mikell

4. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

He would be my plan B if we couldn't land one of Asomugha, Jospeh, or Taylor.

5. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

An actual realistic free agent?

Sounds nice.