Quinn falling to 8?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TopTexanFan16, Feb 20, 2007.

1. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

I saw on an insider article on espn that brady quinn may fall to the number 8 spot, which is currently help by our Texans. Thoughts whether we'd take him or any other input. Sorry if its already been posted.

2. texans83

texans83 All Pro

yea its already been posted, its cool thoug, look back a couple days ago and you should find all the responses on what you are asking.

3. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

I don't know what I will do if they draft Quinn, I guess just lose all hope and expectations when it comes to paying my season tickets. Paying for my tickets would feel like like flushing a toilet or giving some money to homeless person on Sunset.

Quinn seems to be Carr Redux...

4. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

quinn is completely overrated. no quinn...please. a.peterson will not be available at 8. the texans should go with kiper's prognistication of the ot out of penn st. no matter what qb the texans have back there, a stout line is a necessity (did i spell that right?).

5. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

if Quinn falls to #8, it should improve our chances of trading down and picking up more draft picks.

6. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

To be honest I really don't know what to think about Quinn. His last public appearance was the Sugar Bowl and that is what everyone seems to be judging him by. In retrospect his OLine was only adequate, if that. He had good receivers and RB but a OLine can bring them down as well. With an adequate Oline and suspect defense they played well against lesser opponents and poorly against top teams. Quinn is probably not as bad a some want to make him out to be. All things being equal the team with the better personel in the trenches will usually win. The Big Uglies that Willingham recruited were not as Big and Ugly as the Top BCS teams.

7. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

All the more reason to not draft Quinn. Your analysis makes the same excuses Carr has had for the past 5 years, which is why the Texans shouldn't draft him.

If the Texans don't have the personnel for Carr to succeed, then how would they have the personnel for Quinn to succeed?

Bottom line though, the QB on any team has to bring more to the table than in other player on offense.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Think:................... Rick Mirer

9. Blu

Blu All Pro

Come on Bill... is that just because his a former ND Qb... or just that overhyped in your eyes ?

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I would go with the latter more than the former. Afterall, ND has Montana to brag about ('nuff said) and while I hate this guy you have to give him some props (as a player - not analyst) and thats Joe Theeeeeeeeeeeesman also.

11. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I can't see the Browns passing on him. They need a QB and he is a local guy who is saying that he wants to play for them.

That sounds familiar.

I realize that the Browns have been saying how much they want JaMarcus Russell and Adrian Peterson, but what is the point of saying who you really want if you aren't picking #1? If they go out and say how much they want to draft Quinn, another team will trade with the Lions to make sure that they can get him.

12. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

I thought of Rick Mirer but Mirer doesn't hold 36 ND records. Quinn will be much better than Mirer.

13. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

In Kubiak and Smith I trust.

14. texans83

texans83 All Pro

yes sir

15. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

How long before you put them on notice?

16. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

If we keep losing and they make bonehead signings and drafts like Cassery and Capers, then I won't trust them anymore.

17. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

In away I hope Quinn does fall to 8 as it opens the door to some real trade possibilities. Carolina for one, looking to find the heir apparent to Delhomme. Apparently many Panther fans are ready to move on. Their #14 and #45 look very entertaining. That would give the Texans 3 picks in the top 50.

18. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

I find that toatlly reasonable.
    :yes:

19. texans83

texans83 All Pro

good call!!! Who knows they could be on the phone right know with the two CCs......:drunk:

20. AlbinoRat

AlbinoRat Veteran

To me, us taking Quinn would mean we had reached the worst case scenario.

Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, and Levi Brown would be gone, and there would be no other slot we needed to fill thats worth that pick.

On the other side, it would have the upside of having a "QB of the Future" to learn under Carr for a few years.

Like I said its worst case scenario, I'd rather trade the pick than get Brady Quinn.