Quiet on offense.. Please

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by thunderkyss, Sep 7, 2010.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Hey guys, I know Reliant is going to be rocking come Sunday. We generally do a good job making noise when we are on defense, and causing problems for the other team.

But we tend to make as much noise, or at least enough, when we are on offense. Especially when we are in scoring position, when you see our offense asking us to tone it down, we need to do our part, and allow them to hear, concentrate, and focus.

Remember guys, bring the raise the roof when we're on Defense, especially on third down. But we need to hear pins dropping when we are on offense.

painekiller likes this.
  2. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

QUIET

qui¬∑et/ˈkwīət/
    Verb: Make or become silent, calm, or still: "there are ways of quieting kids down"; "the journalists quieted down as Judy stepped on to the dais".
    Noun: Absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm: "the ringing of the telephone shattered the early morning quiet".

:kitten: I knew what you meant, just messing with ya. But yeah, our offense is quite good!

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Semi-grand Poobah Staff Member

Agreed. Frankly it is more of a pre-season problem. Last Thursday the "I got my first ever NFL tickets for free from someone" crowd was going nuts yelling on offense. That will calm down during the season but Reliant is still too loud on offense. I don't understand how it isn't common sense - well gee we get loud on D to hurt their O do you think we should be loud or quiet when our O is on the field.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Generally speaking, I don't think that the majority of members here need to be told to be quiet on offense. As Cak mentioned and I also suspect, it's those rookie fans that maybe got their first tickets to a game that need to be warned.

It is frustrating as hell though!!

5. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I agree with him as well. He's right, a lot of the fans haven't a clue when it comes to the right times to make a crap load of noise. We could be gearing up for a crucial 3rd down on offense and the fans are screaming their head's off. I get the excitement of the moment, but be smart about it. I'd rather screw up the other team's offense than ours.

6. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Good thinking. I think people now are just so excited our team is good and can score points that we can't hold our emotions back. LOL

On another note, yall get there early. That has been a big point stressed by McNair and Kubiak. The team really does feed off the crowd, especially when they're warming up and the stadium has a lot of people in it. We don't do a good job of getting there too early, and it's just kind of deflating. Team gets all pumped up and all and there's only half the stadium full.

Leave the tailgating earlier than normal and get to the game earlier. 1st game of the season AND against the colts. Come on guys! I will personally guarantee a victory if the stadium is full 20-30 minutes before kickoff. The place would be electric.

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

That's pretty sad that football fans actually have to be "told" to be quiet when their hometeam's offense is on the field. That's mind-boggling.

Double Barrel likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

If we are rolling on offense and have a good lead, it's gonna be hard to keep people quiet..especially since it's opening day and people are borderline insane by this time. I'll do my part, but i can't guarantee for everyone else.

9. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Maybe on the big screen screen we can have the words QUIET PLEASE appear so all the fans who are screaming can pipe down. Also, don't bring a vuvuzela in and blast it because I will personally kick your ass! :slapfight:

10. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Well, true football fans don't have to be told this. It's the folks that aren't real fans and have been tailgating (spell that getting drunk) all morning that have to be schooled. They're also the ones that don't get into their seats until midway the first quarter.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Semi-grand Poobah Staff Member

You can hear a pin drop in the Colts' stadium on opening day.

I have to say corporate seats really contribute to this. Of the twenty or so seats closest around us there are two sets of two fans that have owned their seats from day one. Almost all of the corporate seats have also been owned from day one but who sits in them each week changes. They tend to either be lumps throughout the game or want to yell, jump, scream, take pictures of the cheerleaders (I appreciate girls but don't act like you have never seen one before especially if it means barging in front of me as they snap 3rd and 4), etc. throughout the game.

12. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I will be in my seat @ kickoff and not drunk! Though it will be in my recliner @ home. :splits:

13. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well, maybe the "true football fans" need to get in the "folks that aren't real fans"'s faces and tell them to STFU!!!!

Like cak said, in other cities you can hear a pin drop when the offense is on the field.

14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Have to throw it out there - everyone on here knows this, it's the other folks....

15. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Don't the Texans put up the big Quiet Please on the scoreboards and screens when the Texans go on offense? Still way to many uneducated football fans if they don't know to be quiet. The Texans need to make a big deal about it all week.

16. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

They're banned anyways, unfortunately.

17. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

'cause they turn down the speakers when they're on offense.

Revolution likes this.
  18. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I think it is the baseball influence. Whenever there is a big moment in a baseball game, the crowd stands up, yells, cheers, and screams. So, I think the same thing is at work here.

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

That's basically what I had said. Just not with the same economy of words.. :kitten:

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

We get new people here everyday.

New Season Ticket Holders everyday.

People making noise on offense, everygame.

The job isn't done. So if it's not you, that we need to be telling, help us out, and spread the word.