Question: Kareem Jackson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by silvrhand, Oct 18, 2010.

1. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I don't think he did all that bad yesterday did he? I admit I have not rewatched the game but I don't remember glaring at him going wtf are you doing. The PI call was complete BS btw IMHO..

2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I thought he played well. He made some nice tackles that others were missing.

3. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Boy I sure hated Kareem Jackson the first four games but he's done very well since. Raw but this kid's (pun intended) going to be solid for a while.

I think I like him but let's see if he learned anything after his first encounter with Peyton this coming MNF.

4. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Yeah that PI call was pretty awful, there was the same type of play later in the game that got no call. Officiating was pretty inconsistent.

5. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I think Jackson being talked up as "most NFL ready" has really hurt him in the eyes of haters and fans. CB is a tough transition and I am excited for him in year 2.

6. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I agree he played ok, but did you see him lead blocking for Bowe on the second TD? that was bad.

7. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I got to go to yesterdays game and from what I saw KJ played a pretty descent game and yes, that was a bull-sZZZ PI call on him. He actually made a real good play on the ball. Hey, it also helps when you don't have to play a Manning or a McNabb. I'm feeling more confidant about his future now as he continues to get some sometimes painful but valuable experience in the NFL.

8. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Turned and ran with him instead of breaking him down and getting the stop? I'll have to go look for that.

9. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Kareem has gotten better every week and has established himself as the best CB IMO. His coverage was very good yesterday. McCain and Quin are the whipping boys of that unit.

10. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

You must be kidding me!

11. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Now we just need to get him some real cleats and we might have a real NFL cornerback on our roster. That man slips more than anyone I have ever seen.

12. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

This!

And I think the critics come from the "pro" Kyle Wilson or "pro-trade-up" to get Earl Thomas.

I wasn't buying into Mayock "most NFL ready" label and continously warned people about over-hyping. But I think it was mostly the media who did it (you know they always do).

What I see from Kareem Jackson since day one has been pretty much what I expected out of him.
    A healthy KJ will be a solid corner back in the NFL for a long time.

13. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Have we sunk so low that Kareem actually looks competent? What in the heck were y'all looking at. Bad angles all day on tackles, no help in the run D at all, terrible coverage, slipping all over the place like he is wearing skates, and general ineptness now constitute a good game?

Great going Kareem. Congrats. Parade on Saturday on Kirby.

14. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

You are definitely trying to be too hard on a guy.
    Why don't you observe all the players on the field (on both teams) and give me an objective opinion (that is if you can judge the other guys with the same standard!)

15. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I'm going to have to load up game rewind and watch, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have that bad of a game. His tackling is by far as good if not better than an average CB already.

16. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

They all blow. Is that objective enough? The difference is this was the golden boy hand chosen by Kubes to come in and take the place of Dunta, and so far he couldn't cover his mouth if he sneezed.

Pollard would be a good in the box SS in the right D, but he can't cover. You are asking him to do something he is not capable of.

Brice McCain blows chunks. He is a very end of the roster guy on a good D at best, probably a camp cut.

#29 is ok. He can cover some, and has some skills. He belongs out there, but not as a #1 or probably not even a #2.

And don't even get me started on the FS situation.

TimeKiller likes this.
  17. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

So what you're saying is that you are pleased with them as a unit?

buddyboy likes this.
  18. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

I agree! I am usually a homer but when it comes to Kareem his play is just plain bad!
    He makes some decent plays but they are few and far in between.

19. midway

midway Veteran

I think Kareem looks okay, once you take everything in to consideration. It wasn't his decision to hand himself the starting job. He's definitely getting the baptism by fire and I think that with a year in the league and an off-season under his belt he'll be vastly improved by the start of next year. We just have to be willing to watch him take his lumps this year. It won't be easy on us, and it sure as hell won't be easy on him either.

20. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Once again, I will say that you are being too harsh on the boy.

If you want to talk about high draft choice, why don't you rewind your DVR and wath how the #6 pick Eric Berry did in this game.

Right off the bat, I can tell you that he gave up two TDs all by his lonesome.

I really wish that the critics would put their DVR in slow motion and watch the plays of the secondary from both teams (not to mention the LBs and the DLs).

One of these days, IMHO, they will come to appreciate KJ.