Question I asked on rival board about Ugoh

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I think it's prety remarable that they got him up to speed this fast and playing as well as he has. As an athelete, there is no doubt he is a superior humane being. You would think though that with his prefomance against Vanden Bosch last weekend, the Texans are figuring ways to exploit that hole in the dike. I don't think the outside pressure is as important as the inside presure against Manning. His release is just to quick. The clock inside his head is too good. I think this is why they couldn't pass up Amobi when he feel into their laps. We'll see sunday.

3. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

That's a good point - Okoye will have to have a good game. I would also think of running Weaver at DT a little as well. He could help bolster the inside rush.

4. Indy Skinnz

Indy Skinnz Veteran

Ugoh has been pretty good in the 2 games so far this season. I think he will be very good eventually, but he is not at Tarik Glenn's level just yet. The O-line as a whole allowed more hits on Manning against the Titans than any Colt fan would prefer to see. Still, the Colts really had no problems moving the ball although they did bog down in the red zone more than I can ever recall.

5. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

Mario needs to abuse Ugoh early so that they have to double team Mario with a TE. One less receiver to worry about.