Question about last offensive play

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanBacker93, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

Ok...I'm curious to see other opinions about this. With the Texans having 2nd and goal from the 2 the clock was moving towards the 2 minute warning. I was at the game and could clearly see that the game clock was a half a click in front of the play clock so the Texans could let the 2 minute warning hit without a delay of game. The Jaguars had only 1 timeout left at the time. I think the Texans should have let the game get to the 2 minute warning and then run a play. They still had 2 timeouts themselves and only had 2 yards to go. They would have had the time to score and it would have taken more time off the clock and eliminated a clock stoppage for the Jaguars. The fumble made all of that moot, but I'd like to know other's thoughts on this. I think it another incident of poor clock management, but I might be in the minority.

2. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

My question is why wasnt the fumble a booth review since it was at the two-minute warning? Why did we have to challenge that?

3. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

it has to be inside two minutes. the fumble occurred outside that mark.

mariowillshine15 likes this.
  4. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

Thank you

5. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

After doing some mental math (not real easy in my current state) I guess we would have used up only 6 seconds or so if we scored on the first play after the 2 minute warning. Still, each second can count if you are making a team go 50 yards to get into FG position.

6. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I agree with you though that letting it get down to the 2 minute warning and then running a play is a good idea. Kubiak has never shown much IQ for clock management.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I know the fumble renders all of this moot but I agree with you. I would have let the two minute warning hit before I called another play.