Question about HOF game

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by SheTexan, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Why don't they play the AFC against the NFC? Why is the Cards playing the Saints this year? How do they pic who plays in the HOF? Sorry, more than one question! Just wondering.idonno:

2. RazorOye

RazorOye Ayo

I'm not sure exactly how it's decided, but I do know that the Saints offered/volunteered to play in the game. Willie Roaf is being inducted and I understand that played a part in the Saints' willingness to offer to play in the game.

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Thanks! I didn't know if it was on a volunteer basis or if they had some selection process. I think it's cool to have teams play that have inductees.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I wonder how Roaf feels about that since NO traded him off (after having tried to put him in the Texans' expansion draft) after one injury and then he went on to four straight pro-bowls and an all pro season with KC.

Damn NFL doctors. How many more games would the Texans have won if Roaf had been cleared and Boselli cut out of the expansion draft? Roaf at LT and Pitts at RT would have been pretty stout.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

It has something to do with Jim Thorpe and the Canton Bulldogs as far as history goes. I'll have to look up the rest.

edit - Ok, strike that...that has nothing to do with it. I think it started way after Thorpe was a player.