QB Tyler Bray Mid round project?

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by srrono, Apr 18, 2013.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

I was watching ESPN break down of Bray 6'6 233lbs very strong arm (they say he reminds them of Jeff George) all say he has the talent of a 1st rounder but could be a 3rd - 5th rounder.Can make every throw but will make bone head plays. Needs time to develop and be coached out of bad habits Footwork read recognition preparation. Is Bray worth a mid to late round gamble?

Source NFLDraftScout

2. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

From late third round on is worth the risk.
    He's got everything except the grey matters between his ears.
    Work on his mechanics:
    Get a guy with a pitch fork running behind him and poke him every time he drops his ball-carrying elbow down.
    Get him to throw balls at multi targets that are moving across the field so he can learn to go through his reads better. Slap him on the head every time he's too quick or too slow.
    Implant Keenum's brain into his head.

3. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

The tools are there he has the arm. Lets see if HOU can develop a guy with talent. AKA NE with Mallett.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Mallett is an excellent comparison to Bray. Strong armed SEC pocket passers that need coaching and maturity. I think Bray would be worth investing a 3rd, but the Texans have so many roster holes and 4 QBs on the roster. It doesn't seem likely they will spend a pick on a QB.

5. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

id luv bray in the 4th. BUT id really like tyler wilson if we can get hm with one of the 3rd rounders, on bray, kid is huge and has a cannon arm.

6. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

mallets a good comparison but he also reminds me of rothlesburger without the mobility

7. kingtexan

kingtexan Hall of Fame

4th or later and I wouldn't have an issue with it. Kubiak is supposed to be able to mentor QB's, and this kid has a ton of potential, but the key is he lacks mobility. That gives me pause.

8. powda

powda Hall of Fame

I'd take a shot in the 4th or later but honestly, cerberal qb's seem like the only kind kubes wants. If you make rash decisions no matter your athletic talent your off the board.