Prospects you like

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Childress79, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

I guess there's always "a shot" because it's the NFL Draft and you never know what will happen but, Dillard is the best LT in the Draft and it's not likely he will fall that far. I guess it boils down to the teams that need a LT, how bad they need one, and if they think Dillard is worth it at their pick or if somebody else is worth more. My guess is the Texans will go BPA with the 1st pick so, I won't be surprised if they end up picking one of the highly rated DE or DT's at that spot if they are better than the available OT's or CB's. I'm good with that. JMO.

OptimisticTexan and steelbtexan like this.
  2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Cheaass Org is what I called them. I'm going to LMAO when them being deliberate costs them Watson next yr. Ireally hope he doesn't get his neck broken. But I'm still going to laugh because that's what I've started to do at this orgs incompetence.

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Most likely outcome.

But hey, they've got a ton of unused capspace they can roll over to use in 2020. Where have I seen this dog and pony show before?

I'm still waiting for the carnival down on Kirby to put on a donkey show.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Some other team apparently. There are plenty to point to who routinely roll cap. 2019 Colts $49.1 mil, Titans $25.7 mil, Jags $11.7 mil. 2018 Titans $32.3 mil, Jags $27.8, Colts $16.8.

All three put our 1st two years of of even arguably high carry over to shame; 2018 $18.9 mil, 2018 $9.9 mil.

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Sure glad you can get your jollies by being miserable... how much you pay a year for that?

6. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Dillard would be an exciting guy to have but with the poor OL available in FA, I feel teams with needs will take a guy that ranks highly if he is there.
    Williams, Taylor and Dillard will all fall before we get to pick.
    Cody Ford would be an excellent consolation prize - regardless of where he is projected to play.

7. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

We have to get ahead of the Vikes @ 18 to get a top 4 OT... unless someone or 3 (hopefully) goes OG

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  8. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Ford might well fall before our pick.
    All we need is a run of 3 QBs to fall before us and this strong DL class should put Ford down to us.
    Many mocks have him falling to or behind us.

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

This is the problem with getting too wedded to the top need being the top pick. History has proven there will be at least 10 excellent, elite players available at 23 even if some haven't been prospect profiled and ranked as such. Stay cool and get a great player unless he just can't be used. OT can be addressed in the next 3 picks.

idymoe, WolverineFan and steelbtexan like this.
  10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Miserable? LMAO

I shot an 89 today.

Very far from miserable on this glorious day

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Miserable? LMAO

I shot an 89 today.

Very far from miserable on this glorious day

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    justmy2cents likes this.
  12. Wolf12339

Wolf12339 Veteran

This... There are so many good OL that will be available in Round 2-3. I expect 2 OL picks in the top 4 picks, A CB and a best available player. Trading down a little bit and getting a 3rd would be Ideal.

13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

There are some excellent interior OL that will be available at our round two or three picks, sure, but LT's who project as starters...not so much.

steelbtexan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  14. Wolf12339

Wolf12339 Veteran

Dillard, Taylor, Howard and Greg Little are the only 4 in my opinion. Two of them will be gone by our pick and the other 2 aren't worth the 23rd overall pick.

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Throw Williams in there and I will agree with you.

Depending on how the draft goes, If all of the guys you listed are gone by say 18 but Little or say Williams do you trade up to get your LT or do you wait and hope your guy falls to you?

justmy2cents likes this.
  16. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Howard might end up a starter, but he's not a day one guy at all. There are a few pure LT's in this draft (Dillard, Little, Williams, Cajuste) who can reasonably be expected to play early. Taylor and Ford maybe if you think they can play LT instead of RT or OG, which I don't, but there are differing opinions. The point being is that there is an extreme premium on being able to protect the blind side vs just being a good OL. We can't mess around and miss out on our guy. A starting LT won't be there in round two. A starting CB could be, but not a starting LT. That's the premium. So if you think a guy is valued at 35 vs 23, and you feel sure he'll be gone by 35, you take him at 23 and don't look back. I thought we took Duane Brown about a round a half too early, but there was a run on OT's and we got the sixth one that year.

17. justmy2cents

justmy2cents All Pro

I looked it up the other day .... I think it would require our 3rd to get to the 17 - 18 area. Right now, it looks like Taylor, Dillard, and Williams may last until NY @ 17.

steelbtexan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  18. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

YoungTexanFan......you nailed this post! Great job.

YoungTexanFan and steelbtexan like this.
  19. Wolf12339

Wolf12339 Veteran

A lot of people don't think Williams can be a LT in the NFL. Dillard is the only one I think will be a LT and be worthy of the 23rd overall pick. I'd rather pick an Interior OL or RT worthy of a late first then pick Little and Cajuste at 23. Trying to force a LT at 23 leaves value on the board and quite frankly we could use a upgrade at all 5 OL spots and every single CB spot.

justmy2cents likes this.
  20. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Haven't seen any talk recently but I really liked what I saw of Lil Jordan Humphries as a mid-late round pick. I really like a few of the quicker WR's in this draft and was really impressed with Isabella. Gaine mentioned adding a piece there, so don't be surprised. It's about value

Mollywhopper likes this.