Proposal to 3rd Base Sports Bar in Austin

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Hookem Horns, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Does anyone know the owner? I will agree to run a free banner ad from this site promoting them as the official Texans sports bar in Austin if they agree to do some kind of drink special for anyone wearing Texans gear during any Texans game. Maybe they can run Happy Hour prices for Texans fans in gear between kickoff and the end of the game.

Thow it at them and see what they say. I am sure we can pack that place, we have a lot of Austin visitors at this site.

2. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

That is a great idea.

I was discussing to a couple people that we Houston fans need to make a road trip to support what you guys are doing. I am thinking about the Sept. 30th Falcons game.

Anyone interested? :texflag:

3. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I may be at the beach. By beach, I mean Galveston. Fun nonetheless.

4. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

RickyB has talked to them the most so he would be the one to work that out. I think he has actually talked to the owner, events manager and the day manager.

5. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Yes, Use Rickyb as the point man for that. I am the point man with the email list and all around raw raw kind of guy, but you already know that!

6. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I'm all for it but my suggestion is to wait and see how this weekend goes before we go making any proposals? That's just me. I worked the club scene in Houston for years and just because you set something up that worked out fine for a single game doesn't mean it's going to from that point and on. We have to show constistency before one can ask for freebies/discounts. Also, it was opening day. Generally opening day is when all the fans come storming in.

Then again, Hook'em is offering exposure! A ton of it too. That's a fair trade off!

Also, are we SURE we want to spend the rest of the year at Third Base? Enough to warrant it being dubbed by Texantalk.com members as the official gameday bar?

I'm just as excited as the next person here but I also don't want to come across as a group looking for freebies.

7. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

The true test will be in week 3 when the game will be on local TV. Despite having a 60" HD and my buddy having a 108" screen for his HD projector, I will still be there, and hope that others will be too. There's just something about being in a crowd of rowdy Texan fans that make the game that much better.

8. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Amen to that my brother from another mother!
    I have a 56" HD Samsung and the NFL Ticket from Direct TV, and well you know the rest! But I would rather watch with fans, I can dvr and watch at home later.

9. ATRAIN

ATRAIN ATX TEXANS FAN

That would be awesome man!!

10. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

YES! This is what I've been saying all along. This is what it's about. I have a regular TV and an antenna but thats not the point. The point is that it's the group atmosphere that makes it exciting. It's the noise and the high fives. Winning together and yes... even loosing together.

11. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

I've been communicating with the GM on some ideas including your banner proposal. I'll let you know what I find out.

rickyb likes this.
  12. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

HookEm, let's talk this weekend at the game. Your proposal is interesting. Nitro makes a good point to consider also. I know also that one of our Austin brethren is tight with the GM.

Switching gears -- I wonder if Bill monitors this site yet.
    Rick(yB)

13. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaamen.
    :pirate:
    :fans:

14. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

You guys let me know. I am willing to do what I can to support the Texans Watch Party and the Texans here in Austin (unfortunately I can't make many myself due to family commitments on Sundays).