ProFootballFocus, Three To Focus On -- Houston @New England

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Playoffs, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

3TFO: Texans @ Patriots, AFC Divisional
    Peter Damilatis | 2013/01/11

2. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Rush 4 most of time, get pressure from interior relentlessly, disguise blitzes into and out of zone coverage, play better technique in man, safeties can not make any mistakes, stop run with less, do not run up the middle, find Foster in space, and run the TEs rampid loosening up the LBs into coverage and confusion, run stretch with Graham, find AJ every time Talib is playing off coverage, win turnover battle, and Schaub must play like he did in Denver.

Easy peasy!

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Rushing 4 only works if you've got Umenyeora (sp) Kiwinuka, JjP, & whatever other bada55 they got.

If we don't blitz, we don't get pressure. We try to beat Brady with 4 guys & no pressure..... it's not going to work.

Barwin, Reed, & Merci are going to have to have career days. They've not done anything so far to make me believe that's going to happen.

We need to blitz.

I'm thinking maybe we should delay that blitz, half a second, then rush whatever gap Antonio & Jj create.

4. AJ-80

AJ-80 Veteran

The biggest thing i'm looking for is the off-tackle plays that we just decided not to run in the last NE game. Instead we run straight into Wilfork repeatedly. If we can get the off-tackle run game going it will set up pass and we'll be good to go.

5. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I'm sure we will still blitz; we just need to disguise our intention a little better.

Some 4-man zone dog, some 5-man dogs, some straight 4, maybe even a 3-man zone dog once.

The 2010 Jets normally blitzed plenty; they didn't blitz as much against the Pats and they were able to get 5 sacks.

They just mixed things up very well.

6. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

We did not run straight at Wilfork (maybe once with D. Brown on a pull), it just seemed like we did a lot though! [​IMG]

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I wonder if we can blitz from our nickel, when Quin is playing the Mike.

Sorta like Cushing, coming straight up the middle with bad intentions.

Either Quin or Manning really.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Wilfork penetrated the line on outside zones too. We've got to get him on the ground in order to have success in the run game. I'll be watching a lot of he and Brooks battling in the trenches.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

He jumped over Ben Jones twice to make a play on an outside zone. Ben tried to cut him.... Instead of jumping into Wilfork's thighs, he jumped on the ground in front of him. The big man jumped clean over him.