Pro Football Focus :kubepalm:

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by b0ng, Aug 5, 2011.

1. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/05/houston-texans-continuity-change-success/

Let your wild ass speculation for February begin here!

The article is okay, but it seems like stuff that I've read before only this time it's Wade Phillips running the defense and not some rookie goofball.

2. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

One thing you haven't read before is the tidbit of us getting "huge upgrades" in the secondary via FA. That's one we haven't heard since the expansion draft netted us Glenn and Coleman.

3. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I can't put us in the superbowl cause we got JoJo and Manning. Playoffs maybe, but the big dance, it'd be so homeristic it's not even funny.

4. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

Lets just get to the playoffs first.....

5. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

One thing most of the national media states when discussing the Texans is that there is a lot of talent here. Even in the secondary as miniscule as it may be there is talent there. Our biggest downfall is bad coaching and decision making.

Kubiak needs to loosen the reins on Schaub some. Im not saying let him be like P Manning but let him do some audiblizing. Look at the MNF game against the Ravens last year. As soon as his helmet headset started going wonky Schaub started calling the plays and roared us back into that game. As soon as they finally got it fixed...pick 6. Coincidence? Maybe.

I wont even talk about the defensive play calling, our record and statistically worse defense in league history EVER speaks for itself.

EllisUnit likes this.
  6. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

I've read this year after year after year. Houston Texans...dark-horse team. I've believed it every year up until now.

Now I just want them to prove it.

Kimmy likes this.
  7. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

8. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

um.....can we at least try to get to the playoffs first? lmao.

9. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Good article. Remember it's not specifically written for Houston fans, so for someone following a different team, this might be a sort of eye-opener.

Personally, the best thing that can happen to our D is that they pop Manning (#18) out of the game in week one, I can't imagine a better morale booster, and if that happens, they'll be confident, and dangerous :)

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think it's a good read.

The danger is in reading too much into it. We aren't his favorites to do anything. In this article, he doesn't say we are a lock for the play-offs, or for winning the division.

We're the dark-horse.

Meaning if the favorites don't win it, it might be us.

Of all the crappy teams out there, he thinks we've got the best shot at winning the SB.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

If injury bug flies away from Houston and the offense remains at least as good as last season (which it should) and the defense plays together, well anything can happen in the playoffs.

12. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Seems like this is missing from the thread

:kubepalm:

and nothing is funnier than the fact we had this face palm before Wade was a Texans' hire

:wadepalm:

well maybe the team's helmet symbol having a facepalm

:toropalm:

13. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

So of all the sucky teams, we suck less is what he is saying.

14. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

As a fan of this team it's hard not to imagine this team not collapsing in big games or for long stretches of the season.

15. Rey

Rey Guest

You know, this team of young guys isn't all that young anymore. Not old, but they are at a point where they are veterans who have been around and have seen a lot.

At this point in Gary kubiaks tenure, everyone should know what they have done in the past that has and hasnt worked.

You infuse two talented veterans that have played at a high level, you bring in wade who is wealthy with knowledge and game wounds. Plus everyone is a year older. Another year under dennison. Another year of continuity.

At this point, dare I say it, the texans are a veteran team that should know how to win games.

I am drinking the koolaid and it taste like my grandmother made it. It's freaking delicious. If we come out play well and get a little confidence brewing look out.