Prisco:Texans: Five things to know

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10302044

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Now I wonder where that came from ? Has any one seen anything on Spencer other than he was working hard in ota's ? You know if this is a fact and we aren't going to see the guy in '07 I'd just as soon hear it now than to have a little October surprise presser.

3. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Guys like Pete Prisco are truly a dying breed. I really appreciate someone coming in and making their own opinions about this team, rather than relying on old clichés that are no longer warranted. I wrote him a nice comment, thanking him for his observations and hoping that there's more sports writers out there who share his passion for researching a topic before writing an article.

4. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

The fact we had to put Spencer on the PUP list says it'll be a while before he plays - if he plays at all this year. Better not to rush him back and have a Dante Culpepper situation where we ruin him for the future.

I'll be impressed if he comes back this year. That was a nasty break.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Prisco was a long time Jaguar beat writer before he got this gig.

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

he certainly remembers "Salaam nearly got Byron Leftwich killed in a game when he was with the Jaguars" not exactly comforting :cool:

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Leftwich with that big cartoon wind up nearly gets himself killed every week since he telegraphs his passes.:heart:

8. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

A New Yorker working in Florida....no way!

9. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

wow this is a first someone who says good things about the texans, a writer who says we may have some upside! atleast there is one writer with some sense:shades:

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I find that a bit odd , same players up front as most of last year when the media Bashed the O-line for being inept ...... Yes , I know it was all (Largely) Carr's fualt but many have been saying that around here for quite a while . The media is just now catching on . :cool:

My message to the media : Please , go away and forget about our Texans , go cover those Cowpies or something . Maybe Favre and the Packers . Anything but the Texans . We'll talk again , lets say mid December . :shades:

11. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Let's just say he has occasional moments of clarity. I've seen stuff he's written about us earlier in the year that sounded like the talking head party line. I guess it does help when they actually come and look at what they're pontificating about

12. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Is that what C.C. stands for? :um:

hadaad likes this.
  13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yes. CC is an acronym for two pig Latin words that mean "Eric", lol. :)

14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

If Mario has 14 sacks this year, I'll eat my shorts. Prisco is delisional. :devilpig:

15. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Delisional?

Your spelling is delusional. :shades:

Delisional is better.

I shall steal your word.

I'd be happy if Mario applies pressure, stuffs runs, hurries the QB and sacks someone every so often.

I don't really care about numbers unless they're in the Wins column.

16. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Truer words have not been written about this team all offseason, and it's kinda sad that an outsider can be in town for just a few days and pick up on this.

I'd be hugely surprised if Mario got to 14 sacks, but I don't think 10 is out of the question.

17. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The o-line looks better, but this is preseason and they always look pretty decent in preseason. Let's see how they are doing in Week 5, or better yet, Week 8 when injuries start to occur.

I suspect Spencer will go on IR. I hope he isn't, but the Texans' injuries seem to be worse than they say - JMO. Besides, putting him on IR saves a roster space and gives him more time to heal.

At the same time, I suspect his career may be over if he is IRed. I remember when Joppru had to sit out a few seasons due to injuries, and he had a hell of a training camp, yet was let go. It's a different scenario (Joppru was an injured, untested TE on a team full of TEs jockeying for a position under a new coach.) Still, Frye may be the Texans tackle of the future.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Honestly, the way the cowboys are bringing everything including the kitchen sink defensively I think this Saturday at approx 7 pm will be the beginning of the test.:shades:

Let's all hope for a injury free game for the Texans. This is why pre-season bothers me.

19. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

It will be nice to see how Schaub handles it, cause when the blitz comes.....someone is open somewhere. :cool:

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

Tell me about it.

He is now in the running for most overrated NFL QB now that Vick is gone.

I don't see why he's still the starter there. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve being the leader of that team. He pouts on AND off the field, he isn't smart with the ball, and he's gone nowhere except a token playoff appearance.

In fact, that whole team is a mystery to me. Fred Taylor hobbles through every season, missing a lot of games...and yet they have Mo Jones Drew just sitting there splitting carries with Fred. Their WRs are an enigma. They have an axe in the locker room. Nobody attends the home games or cares about the team in their hometown. Their coach rightfully benches Byron and then re-inserts him as the starter out of thin air. It's bizarre, IMO.

Back to the topic: Prisco IS a good writer. I enjoy his articles, and this one was well done.