pretty reasonable mock

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Wolf, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

this mock seemed better than some of the others I have seen...
    not a big suprise, but I was thinking the bears would target a WR instead of RB in their mock, but overalll.. seems like the way it could go.

IMP

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

sorry.....no way Adam Jones goes that high. wait till the combines dude, I promise you things will drastically change :rofl:

4. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Where do you see guys like David Greene being picked? I thought Greene would be a sure fire first rounder (he still maybe), but I haven't heard much from him. I really like the way he plays and he's a tough dude as well. Didn't he break Peyton Manning's record for the winningest qb in SEC? What would you think if the Texans selected Greene with a 3rd round pick if he drops that far?

5. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

david greene broke like 3 of payton's records...and for some reason he is listed as someone who doesn't fit the nfl qb mold...probably for lack of arm strength or something like that...personally i see him going in the second or third round...probably to a team like denver or green bay...a team that needs a stud qb to mold in case of injury to their starting qb

6. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'm not sure he'll go in the 1st or 2nd, but anywhere from 3rd to even 5th is possible. There are alot of QBs who are ranked around the same place with Campbell, Orton, Green, Fitzpatrick, etc. all having a possibility of climbing up the boards for a team that needs a pretty good QB they can groom as a replacement.

7. Blake

Blake MMQB

I dont agree with Benson to the bears. They already have a RRBC, and I dont think another runner will solve their woes. WR, or Defense for them.

8. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I think Thomas Jones is a good Ram's style offense RB. If you look at his first three games last year, when Grossman was healthy, he did fairly well. He struggled in the middle of the season when he was injured and the QB's were playing musical chairs. They really, really need the big play WR IMO.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/JoneTh00.htm#2004