Press causing Fan suffering!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ibar_Harry, May 5, 2006.

1. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Now we are back in the doldrums wondering what is happening with our team and the coaching staff. But they aren't probably talking to anyone after the Williams fiasco with the press. As so many have stated earlier it would certainly nice to have some follow ups of what is going on with the Texans now that the new coaching staff is in place. We have had a few glimpses, but no real in depth interviews with people like Smith and Sherman. How are the old and new guys blending together, and perhaps more importantly, how is Carr looking as far as learning the new offense.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Makes you wonder about the Chronicle in other areas of news. Maybe Houstonians are living under big brutha more than y'all think.

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Ive seen a lot of Casserly/McNair interviews recently, and while they aren't letting on a whole lot about whats going on now, I'm sure its just because things are a little slow. Our MiniCamp isnt for another month, and with all the Williams vs. Bush debate, the other stuff gets left out.

4. donbmt

donbmt Veteran

"How are the old and new guys blending....."? How about let's give them a chance to meet each other?

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Press: So, Mario how are you getting along with your opponent in practice, Spencer?

Mario: Um....I don't know. Not to be rude, but who is that?

6. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    To be honest I'm not that bothered at the moment - I want them concentrating on the team. I accept that a few warm words here or there would reassure us that all is progressing as it should.

7. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

There have been a number of comments by non-draftees that may be there is a mini-camp next week or the following week. That is another example of I'm really curious to know if it is true.

8. eltoro

eltoro Rookie

Actually, I think I am somewhat relieved not to have too much Texans' coverage right now. We could all use a couple of weeks of "down time."

9. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I was just going by this list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9413184

10. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Thanks! I think one of the Non-draft picks mentioned May 11. Perhaps he was mixed up and another one was talking about around May 7th. I've been scratching my head, because I haven't seen any other comments to that affect. May be they are asking them to report to the weight room and they think that is a mini-camp.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

eltoro, your avatar is really ugly. :)

Whoever made that is a "Paint" hack. :hides:

12. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

What is interesting is Denver shows a July date as their 1st date and we show a June date as the 1st date of any kind of camp. All the other teams show a rookie camp or something happening in May. Are we having a rookie Camp or not? One Draftee and one non-draftee have mentioned a camp this month but I have seen no other indication of this. Anyone have anymore knowledge on this issue. Particularly in light of the fact that Kubiak is allowed two additional Mini-camps since the Texans have a new head coach.

13. bdiddy

bdiddy Veteran

There has been little media coverage lately because no one knows what is going to happen. Until the new team gets on the field and starts playing it will be a guessing game and the new regime is not into letting you know their thoughts as they go through evaluations. What until training camp, I am sure there will be mad crazy Texans coverage.

14. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

While others are showing a Rookie Mini-camp we are not. Do you know what the store is on that?

15. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Not sure about the Texans however we are getting plenty of Titans news here in Austin. :fireball: [​IMG]

16. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

Rookie Mini-camp, mainly for team to get them focused and ready for next mini-camp when Rookies and Veterans work together. You know stuff like when eating lunch don't put hands in front of mouths of defensive personnel....LOL

17. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

I heard when Vince had his 1st rookie practice, Austin TV station sent a crew to cover it. What I wonder is how they spinning bad passes and fumbled snaps..."That bad pass was a result of the WR running correct route and Vince not knowing how to read coverages under throwing it" OR "fumbled snap is all centers fault, he has been doing this since age 6 you think he would have it down by now" ROFLMAO

18. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I thought I had heard that OTAs (Organized Team Activities) started May 11 but mini camps won't be until June. I don't know exactly what the differences, probably just what level of stuff they are supposed to be able to do.

19. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Instead of "spinning" anything bad maybe they just didn't show the bad stuff because what I saw looked pretty darn good.

20. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Thanks! Only two teams are not showing mini-camps or rookie camps until June or July and that's Houston and Denver respectively. Only Megan is writing any reports in the Chronicle and McClain is on his Casserly thing with an article about that, but shifts to everyone else with respect to news. Like I said I wonder if its a cold shoulder time for Houston.