Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason Schedule Released

Steve5118

Practice Squad
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2388621

Thanks ESPN for nothing. Apparently they have the preseason schedule but the article just revolves around them and not individual team schedules.

However we do learn that Houston will play Denver on Aug 27th.

"The Cardinals-Patriots and Texans-Broncos will be shown on NFL Network, which begins live coverage of regular-season games on Thanksgiving."

I have heard bits and pieces about the NFLnetwork broadcasting regular season games next year. And apparently the NFL network will be showing a Texans preseason game.

What does that do to Time Warner customers? Does this channel come on any of their packages? :confused:

Texans_Chick said:
Hmmm, are those games ONLY going to be shown on NFL network??? Is this the NFL network's way of getting Time Warner Cable to carry that channel?

Probably more like the NFL Network's way of getting people to switch to satellite.

Texans_Chick said:
Hmmm, are those games ONLY going to be shown on NFL network??? Is this the NFL network's way of getting Time Warner Cable to carry that channel?

I hope they are not only on NFL Network, if so either Time Warner is going to carry it or I am switching back to sattelite. I hope it never goes PPV, that would incite some riots.

Alright! I get to see the Texans again here in Denver!!!!

Maybe it won't be as embarassing as it was when they last played here lol

Preason schedule:

Texans Front page link

Texans' 2006 preseason games
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON – In the preseason schedule released by the NFL today, the Houston Texans will host the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Reliant Stadium. Houston will travel to Denver and St. Louis in the 2006 preseason.

Houston will face Kansas City at Reliant Stadium to begin the preseason schedule (August 10-12). The Texans and Chiefs met once during the preseason in 2002 when Houston traveled to Kansas City. This marks the Chiefs first trip to Houston during the preseason.

The following week (August 17-19), the Texans travel to St. Louis to face the Rams in preseason for the first time in team history. The Texans will play the Rams in the Edward Jones Dome, marking the second time in team history Houston has played a preseason game in a dome. Houston beat the New Orleans Saints, 13-10, for the team’s first preseason victory (8-10-02). This marks the second time that Houston will face the pair of Missouri teams back-to-back. The Texans doubled up during November of the 2005 season.

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak returns to Denver to take on his former team in the third preseason game. Houston will play on Sunday, August 27, marking the first time Houston has played a preseason game on Sunday. The Texans and Broncos will square off on NFL Network, marking the second time in team history Houston has played national television during the preseason. Houston played the New York Giants (8-5-02) in the NFL Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.

The Texans will close out the 2006 preseason against familiar foe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the only team the Texans have faced during preseason in their five year history (August 31-September 1).

Specific dates, times and television participants of all preseason games will be released at a later date. The NFL will release the Texans 2006 regular season schedule in April/May.

HOUSTON TEXANS 2006 PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Kickoff Time

August 10-12 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (KTRK-TV) TBA

August 17-19 @ St. Louis Rams (KTRK-TV) TBA

August 27 @ Denver Broncos* (NFL Network) TBA

Aug. 31-Sept. 1 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (KTRK-TV) TBA

Crud. No watching the August 27th game unless you have satellite or go to a bar or go to Denver.

Hmmm, I've got friends in Denver. And bar going friends.

Or maybe TWC will just have to get NFL Network.

So looks like that starters will see the most action in the Denver game. I think that will let us see how well our offense will work against not only a good defense in Denver, but also against a defense that faces a similar offense every day in practice. If we can score points in that game my hope for the season will be greatly improved.

There will be two games on the 1st Monday night of the season, one will start @ 6:00 pm central and the other one @ 9:15, from the west coast.

I like that:ok:

"The Texans will close out the 2006 preseason against familiar foe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the only team the Texans have faced during preseason in their five year history (August 31-September 1). "

COMMON NFL!

The NFL officially announced the preseason schedule Wednesday, which will open with the Raiders playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the Hall of Fame game Aug. 6 in Canton, Ohio.

The prime-time game will be the first televised by NBC under the new contract that gives it the rights to Sunday night telecasts. Analyst John Madden, the former coach of the Raiders, will be inducted into the hall that weekend. Former Eagles star Reggie White, who died in 2004, also will be inducted.

I sure wish these professionals could be saluted while they are alive and can appreciate the honor!

Texans_Chick said:
Crud. No watching the August 27th game unless you have satellite or go to a bar or go to Denver.

Hmmm, I've got friends in Denver. And bar going friends.

Or maybe TWC will just have to get NFL Network.

Charlie Pallilo of ESPN 790 just stated that the Texans preseason game on the NFL network will also be carried locally by Channel 13. So, crisis avoided, aty least temporarily. :yahoo:

Steve5118 said:
Charlie Pallilo of ESPN 790 just stated that the Texans preseason game on the NFL network will also be carried locally by Channel 13. So, crisis avoided, aty least temporarily. :yahoo:

Not if you live in Austin :crying:

Guess I will be at the local pub :redtowel:

Seem like the NFL could mix it up a little. It would be nice to see them in Atlanta at least once.:mad:

gwallaia said:
I wonder if Tampa Bay fans are sick of the Texans?

Doubtfull, they've beaten us everytime. I wouldn't mind a team to play to get the team's morale up.

Hmm, I wonder how this TV thing is gonna work. Right now Im in Houston, so I get to watch every game, but next year im going to UT in Austin, Im a little worried about TV coverage over there...anyone know about that?

run-david-run said:
Hmm, I wonder how this TV thing is gonna work. Right now Im in Houston, so I get to watch every game, but next year im going to UT in Austin, Im a little worried about TV coverage over there...anyone know about that?

Well if we don't go 2-14 you will be ok but if you don't want to go to a sports bar you can just order nfl sunday ticket.

TD Rivers said:
Seem like the NFL could mix it up a little. It would be nice to see them in Atlanta at least once.:mad:
Don't we see them and the Bucs in the Regular season? AFC East and NFC South are our opposing confrences next year, right?

mexican_texan said:
Don't we see them and the Bucs in the Regular season? AFC East and NFC South are our opposing confrences next year, right?
Nope, we play the NFC East next season.

run-david-run said:
At the end of the season no one outside of the Houston TV area got to see the Texans. They were showing the Saints and the Cowboys in the San Antonio/Austin viewing area. I have family in New Braunfels and San Marcos.

I do know that October 15th is to be Battle Red day. Dunno who we play, but have been told it should be Battle Red day.
:)

Back