Preseason Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Steve5118, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Steve5118

Steve5118 Rookie

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2388621

Thanks ESPN for nothing. Apparently they have the preseason schedule but the article just revolves around them and not individual team schedules.

However we do learn that Houston will play Denver on Aug 27th.

"The Cardinals-Patriots and Texans-Broncos will be shown on NFL Network, which begins live coverage of regular-season games on Thanksgiving."

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Broncos...again. Now I'm waiting for them to announce the Buccaneers too.

3. Steve5118

Steve5118 Rookie

I have heard bits and pieces about the NFLnetwork broadcasting regular season games next year. And apparently the NFL network will be showing a Texans preseason game.

What does that do to Time Warner customers? Does this channel come on any of their packages? :confused:

4. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Hmmm, are those games ONLY going to be shown on NFL network??? Is this the NFL network's way of getting Time Warner Cable to carry that channel?

5. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I got a bad feeling that NFL Network will mean pay-per-view for football games.

6. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Probably more like the NFL Network's way of getting people to switch to satellite.

7. Steve5118

Steve5118 Rookie

8. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

:crying: Tampa Bay AGAIN:crying:

9. Steve5118

Steve5118 Rookie

Yes, game against Tampa is in Houston.

10. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I hope they are not only on NFL Network, if so either Time Warner is going to carry it or I am switching back to sattelite. I hope it never goes PPV, that would incite some riots.

11. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

12. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Alright! I get to see the Texans again here in Denver!!!!

Maybe it won't be as embarassing as it was when they last played here lol

13. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Preason schedule:

Texans Front page link

Texans' 2006 preseason games
    HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON – In the preseason schedule released by the NFL today, the Houston Texans will host the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Reliant Stadium. Houston will travel to Denver and St. Louis in the 2006 preseason.

Houston will face Kansas City at Reliant Stadium to begin the preseason schedule (August 10-12). The Texans and Chiefs met once during the preseason in 2002 when Houston traveled to Kansas City. This marks the Chiefs first trip to Houston during the preseason.

The following week (August 17-19), the Texans travel to St. Louis to face the Rams in preseason for the first time in team history. The Texans will play the Rams in the Edward Jones Dome, marking the second time in team history Houston has played a preseason game in a dome. Houston beat the New Orleans Saints, 13-10, for the team’s first preseason victory (8-10-02). This marks the second time that Houston will face the pair of Missouri teams back-to-back. The Texans doubled up during November of the 2005 season.

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak returns to Denver to take on his former team in the third preseason game. Houston will play on Sunday, August 27, marking the first time Houston has played a preseason game on Sunday. The Texans and Broncos will square off on NFL Network, marking the second time in team history Houston has played national television during the preseason. Houston played the New York Giants (8-5-02) in the NFL Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.

The Texans will close out the 2006 preseason against familiar foe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the only team the Texans have faced during preseason in their five year history (August 31-September 1).

Specific dates, times and television participants of all preseason games will be released at a later date. The NFL will release the Texans 2006 regular season schedule in April/May.

HOUSTON TEXANS 2006 PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Kickoff Time

August 10-12 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (KTRK-TV) TBA

August 17-19 @ St. Louis Rams (KTRK-TV) TBA

August 27 @ Denver Broncos* (NFL Network) TBA

Aug. 31-Sept. 1 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (KTRK-TV) TBA

Crud. No watching the August 27th game unless you have satellite or go to a bar or go to Denver.

Hmmm, I've got friends in Denver. And bar going friends.

Or maybe TWC will just have to get NFL Network.

14. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

So looks like that starters will see the most action in the Denver game. I think that will let us see how well our offense will work against not only a good defense in Denver, but also against a defense that faces a similar offense every day in practice. If we can score points in that game my hope for the season will be greatly improved.

15. donbmt

donbmt Veteran

There will be two games on the 1st Monday night of the season, one will start @ 6:00 pm central and the other one @ 9:15, from the west coast.

I like that:ok:

16. c5demon

c5demon Rookie

"The Texans will close out the 2006 preseason against familiar foe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the only team the Texans have faced during preseason in their five year history (August 31-September 1). "

COMMON NFL!

17. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

The NFL officially announced the preseason schedule Wednesday, which will open with the Raiders playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the Hall of Fame game Aug. 6 in Canton, Ohio.

The prime-time game will be the first televised by NBC under the new contract that gives it the rights to Sunday night telecasts. Analyst John Madden, the former coach of the Raiders, will be inducted into the hall that weekend. Former Eagles star Reggie White, who died in 2004, also will be inducted.

I sure wish these professionals could be saluted while they are alive and can appreciate the honor!

18. Steve5118

Steve5118 Rookie

Charlie Pallilo of ESPN 790 just stated that the Texans preseason game on the NFL network will also be carried locally by Channel 13. So, crisis avoided, aty least temporarily. :yahoo:

19. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Not if you live in Austin :crying:

Guess I will be at the local pub :redtowel:

20. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

Seem like the NFL could mix it up a little. It would be nice to see them in Atlanta at least once.:mad: