Preseason Record

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Eyeguy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

Denver has a 19 win 6 loss record in preseason since 2000. I am wondering if Kubes will use preseason to look at players or teach his team to win.

Denver Record in Preseason

2000 4-0
    2001 3-1
    2002 3-1
    2003 3-1
    2004 2-3
    2005 4-0

We could be out for blood from day one.

2. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

I hope he teaches them to win, we need a winning attitude here!

3. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

its preseason it doesnt matter if you win or lose its where the starters plays 1 quarter its all about getting the young guys some experience and position battles

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

After last year (and preseason), I just wanta see wins. Starter for starter, bench player for bench player, let's just beat somebody.

5. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

That's what everybody says and the reasons are sound. So you'd have to say that's a valid argument. But teams who know how to win learn to win from doing it. I think we need .500 or better in preseason.

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

It doesn't matter if its the starters or the reserves, everyone needs to know how to win, and they need to know that feeling and learn to love it. If you don't crave a win, you might as well not suit up. Professional athletes have a seperate drive than most people. Most true athletes who sucede have a seperate drive and the will to not lose. Our players simply were never allowed to reach that feeling and their growth was stiffled.

7. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

Agree
    Did Denver try to win preseason games?

8. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Teach them how to win. WE WANT TO WIN!!!!! Sure the preseason is about tuning up, but after regressing like we did last season it's time to develop that winning and killer instinct drive and keep the party goin' thru out the preseason, into and throughout the regular.

9. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Well if a preseason win meant soooooo much then david carr and AJ and Eric Moulds would play the whole game

10. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Like I said, it's not just our top players who have to know what a win feels like. Our role players and reserves have to crave a win also. Its more of a team mentality than anything else. It's a certian swagger that our team has lacked.

11. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

I think it is important this year to win just a couple more then we have in the past................It is preseason but nobody likes to lose period, in any game.

12. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

This was a big topic of debate last year. There were a ton of people on this board stating that the preseason didn't matter and we saw the results. We saw Carr and last year's 'new' offense playing less snaps than their opponent with Capers telling us... "we know what we got."

The bottom line is, this team needs to learn how to win which is something the previous coaching staff put no emphasis on. It doesn't matter if it's a scrimmage, preseason game or playing Madden in the player's lounge.

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I want to win. If we are winning in preseason, especially now with new changes, it means we are grasping all the new concepts.

14. Txdimepce

Txdimepce Rookie

Preseason wins gives some of these guys a mental edge. I don't care what anyone says, any athlete uses whatever mental edge they can get to excel at their specialty. If you lose, you can rationalize that it doesn't matter. But if you win, you definetly use it as mental leverage. To most athletes...it matters.

15. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

Just WIN, baby!

16. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

..........but, they don't have to pull a Spurrier and leave the starters in through the half trying to blow out teams in the preseason. You see were that got him!

17. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

With so many new players and new systems on both sides of the ball, I think we will see our starters spend more time on the field during preseason.

18. Tex Trenches

Tex Trenches Veteran

Most importantly they'll be learning how to win. Which we know can be contagious.

19. real

real Guest

after 2-14 even preseason wins will be precious...

20. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Typically, I don't care about W's in the preseason and you can see some successful teams don't win many preseason games.

However, given the current state this team, they need to go out and win all of them (from the starters to the guys trying to make the team) and that attitude needs to be throughout the team all four quarters.