Preseason QB Pecking Order Established

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Aug 14, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Curious words chosen by Schaub:

Texan Asylum likes this.
  2. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Maybe Schaub's remarks were sarcastic being that he had surgery over the off-season last year?

3. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Shouldn't read much into Schaub's words. What he is saying is that he is healthy.

As for Orlovsky, he has the lead going into camp because of the nature of his contract. But he has had some really garbage training camp sessions--whether because of miscommunication with WR or his fault. Yesterday, he looked really bad in 11 on 11--not even coming close with most throws.

Grossman realizes that he isn't going to get many snaps and is trying to make the most of them. Basically, his best shot to make the team is for Orlovsky not to play that great and for him to play well.

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Against the Chiefs' 2nd string defense, I expect nothing less than 2 TDs from Orlovsky. Feels great to have football back.

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I think Schaub was just saying he's feeling good this year and is healthy. Also, I think Kubes is really considering starting the season with 3 QB's this season. It's not his norm, but after trading Rosencopter, I think he realizes the need for 3 until Schaub proves himself durable enough to keep only 2 on the roster.

6. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Don't forget he will be playing with 2nd string olineman and skill guys as well. I'm more interested in seeing how sharp he is, is he making the right reads, can he avoid the rush and show some awareness in the pocket etc then I am in demanding a certain number of TD's.

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Not to mention Kubiak may reverse the order in the next game. The 2-3 QB "pecking order" isn't set in stone IMHO. So I wouldn't put too much stock in this here opener.