Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason matchups unveiled

I wonder if MNF will pick up another one of our preseason games like they did last year... Of course the only reason they did was the fact that Brett Favre could possibly be playing, but I digress.

Not too overly thrilled by it... I mean Tampa is getting to be old every year...And Dallas, well who cares, until it matters in the regular season. That is when I will get up for that game..
Preseason is my time of the season to get the tailgating down again... the games, ehhh, that's tailgating halftime !

I say all kinds of things about pre-season depending on my mood. Buy the time pre-season gets here no matter what I say it's all out the windows because I'll be so football starved I'll take anything, including pre-season. LOL

Won't that be game #4 for the Cowboys...if so, then there should be all roster spot fodder playing in that game for them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but their first game is the hall of fame game in Canton.

Their 2nd to last pre-season game will be the one the starters play for 3 quarters.

I say all kinds of things about pre-season depending on my mood. Buy the time pre-season gets here no matter what I say it's all out the windows because I'll be so football starved I'll take anything, including pre-season. LOL

You're not alone on that one buddy. I always say how I hate the preseason during the regular season, but I love it when it gets here. I'll watch the third string, I don't give a damn. :)

But still, there should be one less preseason game.

As an out of towner, I hate it when home games get bunched up in consecutive weeks. For this reason, I hope our season opener is on the road.

Now, when does the ACTUAL schedule come out?

someone was talking about it on a thread about the Colt talking their season last year and they posted a link that said exactly when and what the commissioner was doing about possible scheduling divisional games late in the season.. I will have to do some searching on here

someone was talking about it on a thread about the Colt talking their season last year and they posted a link that said exactly when and what the commissioner was doing about possible scheduling divisional games late in the season.. I will have to do some searching on here

They are planning on scheduling divisional games the last 2 or so weeks so teams are less likely to rest their starters. I think that's causing the schedule release to be a little delayed with the prime-time games still not announced which usually happens during the owners meeting.

Should make for a better end to the season.

They are planning on scheduling divisional games the last 2 or so weeks so teams are less likely to rest their starters. I think that's causing the schedule release to be a little delayed with the prime-time games still not announced which usually happens during the owners meeting.

I'm still in disagreement with idea that scheduling divisional games in the last few weeks has any meaning. It all depends on what the teams records are by the end of the season if the games mean anything. Division games, like any other game you play, are only important if you are in contention for a playoff spot.

But whatever. In the end run, a game is a game is a game, and you have to try and win them all no matter who you are playing.

I'm still in disagreement with idea that scheduling divisional games in the last few weeks has any meaning. It all depends on what the teams records are by the end of the season if the games mean anything. Division games, like any other game you play, are only important if you are in contention for a playoff spot.

But whatever. In the end run, a game is a game is a game, and you have to try and win them all no matter who you are playing.

I understand your point, but if nothing else it will keep the fans interest high. I think it will be a lot harder for Polian to rest his starters against the Texans or Titans than it will against the NYJ or Bills. He may still do it, but there will be a lot more flack from it.

If he does still rest the peytons, then the fans for each side can have huge screaming matches...

:whip:I just gave wolf 1k rep! Grats man!...:whip:

,and me and my best freind are rivals when it comes to football. He is a cowgirls fan *took the name cowgirls fan from false start haha* and im texans fan. Time for some braging rights!

I dunno, haven't tried it yet... likely will around Memorial weekend.

If you dont mind, let us know about it. I would love an amtrak trip to NO... especially if the wife could stop at Coushatta or Lake Carles on the way there or back!

I saw this but teams like the Colts haven't cared. 2 years ago they had division games and rested starters. This past year they had non-division games and rested starters. I think it will depend on team philosophy no matter who they play.

Same philosophy for preseason. Every team likes to look at young guys, get starters rep, etc but some have different feelings on what they mean. The 90s Boys teams went like 0-4 in preseason in a couple of their big years. It was all about no injuries. Some like to have the wins to give the team the taste of a W....though I believe the Lions were 4-0 when they lost every game. Thus me not putting preseason games into any kind of serious light.

Every one is happy about this annual pronouncement from NFL, except the season ticket holders. For them, this is a stark reminder that they get to pay four times, full ticket prices for one quarter of a game the first two preseason games, and half a game for the last two. My take on this, the parceling out of the schedule, is like the NFL spiting on it's most fervent supporters. The biggest question today for the STH's is what sucker can I sell these seats too for as close to full price and get a little relief form my total costs of being a STH . This has never been a good idea NFL. What ever excitement you have with the announcement is off set by season ticket holders wondering......is that extra twenty per cent still worth it ? I heard about eighteen games. What the players are currently making, it's long over due.

ANd i hope we lose all 4 of thoes games and get no injurys

and yes i hate Preseason has well the NFL needs to think of something different 2 do

Division winners are seeded 1-4 and given home field advantage. The wild card teams are seeded 5-6. GB (11-5) had to play @ AZ (10-6) last year because they didn't win division. There would probably be more situations where teams have to win at the end of the season if more division games are scheduled at that time.

Back