Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason games are over...Who are your final 53?

I won't name the entire 53 man roster, but here are some players who I think will and won't make the team:

Will: Mathis, Andre Davis, Samkon Gado, Kasey Studdard

Won't: Wali Lundy, Keenan McCardell, David Anderson

Why do people post these kinds of thread? Do you really expect people to name all 53 players they want on the team?

QB: Schaub, Rosenfels
RB: Green, Dayne, Gado, Lundy
FB: Leach
WR: Johnson, Walter, Jones, Davis, Mathis, Anderson
TE: Daniels, Putzier, Bruener, Dreessen (LS)
OL: Salaam, Pitts, McKinney, Weary, Winston, Flanagan, Black, Studdard, White, Frye

DL: Williams, Okoye, Johnson, Weaver, Maddox, Zgonina, Babin, Kalu
LB: Ryans, Greenwood, Clark, Anderson, Barber, Diles, Orr
CB: Robinson, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennett, McCleon
S: Brown, Simmons, Hutchins, Harrison

K: Brown
P: Turk

Why do people post these kinds of thread? Do you really expect people to name all 53 players they want on the team?

especailly when there is already one posted. And especailly when the author of the post doesn't have the gumption to post his own ? Bad rep behavior I'm thinking. Bad dog.

Why all the hostility? He's pointing out that the preseason's done now so people don't need to hold their breath if they want to make their own predictions. By the way, can someone link the roster currently, before the cuts?

Still working a cut list but here is what I got

47 Jon Abate
89 David Anderson
54 Zac Diles
52 Trent Bray
85 Joel Dreesen
92 Jeff Zgonina
40 John Walker
37 Darius Walker---- Practice Squad
7 Chad Stanley
66 Deljuan Robinson
33 Waly Lundy

And I am dead set on throwing Zac Diles to the wolves,
He missed a tackle and then he missed a tackle then he missed a tackle,

I watched him and he had a tendency to hit the ball carrier with out arms. Kinda like a chest bump, come on man this is Football

I watched him and he had a tendency to hit the ball carrier with out arms. Kinda like a chest bump, come on man this is Football

I kept Diles in there because of the way Kubiak has praised him from his performance in practice. After the Cowboys game they were talking about Shantee Orr making the roster as the 7th LB/situational passrusher which would mean Diles is one of the 6 ahead of him.

Kubiak's only been here for one year, and I'm not real sure how he evaluates the last couple of players and decides who gets the roster spots. For instance, I was a little surprised last year when he kept four tight ends.

Clark missed more tackles than diles but neither was covering the tightends in the middle . I would keep darius walker over dayne all day and b. johnson over mathis

Well, I haven't actually SEEN the game, yet... but...

RB: Green, Dayne, Gado
WR: Johnson, Walter, Jones, Davis, Mathis
TE: Daniels, Bruener, Putzier, Dreessen
T: Salaam, Black, Winston, Jackson, Frye
G: Pitts, Weary, Studdard
C: McKinney, Flanagan, White

DE: Weaver, Williams, Kalu, Babin, Cochran, Orr
DT: Okoye, Johnson, Zgonina, Maddox
LB: Ryans, Greenwood, Anderson, Clark, Barber, Diles
CB: Robinson, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennett
S: Brown, Simmons, Harrison, Hutchins

LS: Pittman

And I expect them to try to put Zabransky, Abbate, and Walker to the PS. I'm not sure who else will go. They may try to sneak Frye through. Flanagan might also be let go. Lundy is just on the outside looking in, I think.

And I expect them to try to put Zabransky, Abbate, and Walker to the PS. I'm not sure who else will go. They may try to sneak Frye through. Flanagan might also be let go. Lundy is just on the outside looking in, I think.

And to think he was the opening day starter last year. BTW...no depth at fullback?:shocked

And to think he was the opening day starter last year. BTW...no depth at fullback?:shocked

If you'll notice, they've been working TE's and KW into motion and lining them up as FB's. They've mentioned several times that one of Dreessen's strong points is that he can be used as a FB. So, I think they stuff Abbate on the PS and if Leach has a problem, then they either bring Cook back or pull Abbate off the PS.

I expect Pittman to be on the PS, or be gone completely. Dreessen is one of those multi-phase players Kubiak loves, and I believe he will wind up being our LS and extra TE.

They really should release Flanagan, but he's probably got a gentlemans agreement with coach-pal Sherman so they will keep him for one more year.
But they better find a spot on the roster for Chris White or someone else will probably grab him.
Last night was one of our few looks at Darius Walker in PS games and he looked good. Had some quickness that we badly need from our backs, but I imagine his best bet at this point is the Prac-Squad.
Dang I hated to see Clark let that little back run over his butt in the flat last night. Guess he blew all of his focus & intensity in the game in Reliant Saturday. Matter of fact, the whole team looked like the Cowboys in Reliant
the other night and TB looked like us in terms of effort, hustle & demeanor on the field.

They really should release Flanagan, but he's probably got a gentlemans agreement with coach-pal Sherman so they will keep him for one more year.
But they better find a spot on the roster for Chris White or someone else will probably grab him.
Last night was one of our few looks at Darius Walker in PS games and he looked good. Had some quickness that we badly need from our backs, but I imagine his best bet at this point is the Prac-Squad.
Dang I hated to see Clark let that little back run over his butt in the flat last night. Guess he blew all of his focus & intensity in the game in Reliant Saturday. Matter of fact, the whole team looked like the Cowboys in Reliant
the other night and TB looked like us in terms of effort, hustle & demeanor on the field.

And its a damn shame that we couldn't have seen him before the 4th quarter of the final preseason game to get a better look at what his prolevel game consists of. He looked like a guy that put his heart into every run and deserved a longer look. I just hope he clears waivers and we put him on the practice squad.

I don't know, but i can tell you who i think shouldn't be on it.

Gado, Bray, Bruener & Stanley & possibly Black

Practice squad should include

Walker, D. Anderson, Frye

WR: Johnson, Walter, Jones, Davis, Mathis, McCardell
TE: Daniels, Putzier, Bruener, Dreessen
OL: Salaam, Pitts, McKinney, Weary, Winston, Flanagan, Black, Studdard, Jackson

DL: Williams, Okoye, Johnson, Weaver, Maddox, Zgonina, Babin, Kalu, Cochran
LB: Ryans, Greenwood, Clark, Anderson, Barber, Diles, Orr
CB: Robinson, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennett, Wynn
S: Brown, Simmons, Hutchins, Harrison

I don't like the idea of replacing Pittman, but if they do replace him with Dreesen then I think they keep Cook or Lundy.

I do have a feeling that Bruener might end up getting cut. I hope not, but it is a possibility.

I say they should cut Samkon Gado and keep Darius Walker.

The man basically tried to get extra yards without a helmet.

I was like:shocked .

Fred Bennet look good last night as well.

Don't know who my 53 would be, but I would keep Lundy, Walker, Dayne and Green as my running backs.

Stanley, Gado, and all the guys on the defense that were playing in the middle letting all those Tamba bay receivers look like Jerry Rice need to go.

:texflag:

I like Gado but wasn't impressed with his performance last night. Lundy looked better and was able to make some yards out of nothing. I also liked the way Walker looked. I have to give Kudo's to a guy that looses his helmet and still goes on. I know it didn't look like he lost his helmet because of that giant head he has but he did.

I like Gado but wasn't impressed with his performance last night. Lundy looked better and was able to make some yards out of nothing. I also liked the way Walker looked. I have to give Kudo's to a guy that looses his helmet and still goes on. I know it didn't look like he lost his helmet because of that giant head he has but he did.

IMO, I wasn't impressed with any of the RBs. Gado and Lundy both tend to run into the pile, Gado being worse than Lundy. Lundy looked ok on a couple plays. Walker looked the best of the bunch, which had me puzzled as to why we took him out.

Like I've said in the past, other than Green, our RB corps is mediocre at best.:cool:

I have tried to be rational and "statistical" on my opinions of the following players. I am going with how I felt during the game and immediately after. Not based on just the TB game but history of player this season. Salary cap NOT considered.*

1. Jared Zabransky QB: You can give him a spot on the practise squad but he didn't earn it. We are set with the other two anyway.
2. Dexter McCleon CB: cut
3. Charlie Adams WR: cut
4. Bryan Pittman deep snapper: cut
5. Danny Clark LB: cut
6. Jordan Black LT: cut
7. Tyrone Pool CB: cut
8. Bruener TE: cut I like him but odd man out (see below)
9. Jameel Cook FB: cut
10 Andre Davis WR:cut
11. Flanagan C: cut
12. Gado RB: cut
13. Lundy RB: cut
14: McCardell WR:cut
15. Stanley P: cut this one surprises me but hard to argue with Turk's foot.
C.S. groin injury didn't help. Turks age bothers me but oh, well.
16 Dexter Winn DB: cut
There are others that no one expected to make team, I've left off.

Keepers:
1. Bennett CB: May be the starter sooner than later
2. Brandon Harrison S shows enough to make team
3. Abbate FB: Leach gets most plays, but Abbate shows something & can play LB.
4. C. Anderson LB
5. Dreeson TE & Long S.: looked pretty good last night; same size as Breuner & younger
6. Bethel Johnson WR & returner
7. Darrius Walker RB

I have tried to be rational and "statistical" on my opinions of the following players. I am going with how I felt during the game and immediately after. Not based on just the TB game but history of player this season. Salary cap NOT considered.*

1. Jared Zabransky QB: You can give him a spot on the practise squad but he didn't earn it. We are set with the other two anyway.

Keepers:
4. C. Anderson LB
5. Dreeson TE & Long S.: looked pretty good last night; same size as Breuner & younger
7. Darrius Walker RB

You are going with just 2 RB's?

I say they should cut Samkon Gado and keep Darius Walker.

The man basically tried to get extra yards without a helmet.

I was like:shocked .

Fred Bennet look good last night as well.

Don't know who my 53 would be, but I would keep Lundy, Walker, Dayne and Green as my running backs.

Stanley, Gado, and all the guys on the defense that were playing in the middle letting all those Tamba bay receivers look like Jerry Rice need to go.

:texflag:

I agree. In my thread, I cut Lundy despite his production last night as I think there may be a trade in the works if we do not pick up a safety off waivers. Gado should be gone and Walker would give us 3 RBs. I keep Lundy if he is not part of a trade. I also have Abbate making team as a FB and a LB (if required)

Gado reminds me of a puncher rather than a boxer who keeps looking for that knock out blow. He might or might not eventually get it, but looks bad in the mean time.

Here is my 50 Man roster.

QB- Schaub, Sage
WR- AJ, KW, JJ, JM, AD
T- Salaam, Winston, Black, Frye
G- Pitts, Weary, McKinney, Studdard
C- Flanagan, White
TE- OD, Bruenor, Putzier
RB- Green, Dayne, Gado
FB- Leach, Cook

DE- Williams, Weaver, Babin, Kalu
DT- Okoye, TJ, Maddox, Zgonia
LB- Ryans, Greenwood, Anderson, Clark, Barber, Orr
CB- DRob, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennet
S- Simmons, CC, Harrison, Von Hutchins

P- Turk
K- Brown
LS- Pittman

That leaves 3 open spots which I see as battle between Cochran, Anderson(WR), B Johnson, Diles, Dressen, Lundy, Poole, Wynn. From there it really becomes who is better on ST and what position the team wants to be deeper at.

My PS

Zabransky, Walker, Abbate, Diles, DeGrate, Brisiel, Dressen(not sure if he is eligible or not, this is his 3rd year and last year he wasnt on any rosters).

I dont think Hodg is eligible for PS this year, and him making the team is a long shot.

Bubble players who I'd like to see make this team-

Cochran-
Dressen-
Lundy-
Diles-

cut-released-

Stanley-
Pittman-
Cook-
Hodgdon-

Keepers:
4. C. Anderson LB
7. Darrius Walker RB

Really? Clark is pushing for a starting spot & Davis has been solid considering he's vying for a 4th-5th WR spot. No problem with the rest though.

Oh, Keep Bethel Johnson? For what? We've got JJ & Mathis so he can't go to special teams & he's no better @ WR than Davis.

Keepers:
4. C. Anderson LB
7. Darrius Walker RB

Damn, with those cuts we lose most of what little depth we had.

I want the following cuts:
J. Cook
C. Stanley
Black - at least Frye has potential
K. McCardell
T. Poole
Bethel Johnson

Hope we keep:
Andre Davis (Has outplayed B. Johnson at WR & does well returning KO)
Jon Abbate

Not sure at RB - I trust Kubiak (I would probably cut Gado)

I think cutting Black would be a very big mistake. After Salaam, who is the back-up at LT? Frye and Jackson are both young and have little expierence. If you move Pitts over, you have to move McKinney to LG then Flannagan at C...yeah that makes me fell confident. Black is a neccesary evil for this season, next season I doubt he is on the roster.

Just call me coach/gm Shaft...

OFFENSE

QB: Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels
RB: Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, Samkon Gado
FB: Vonta Leach, Jon Abbate
WR1: Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, Jerome Mathis
WR2: Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, David Anderson
TE: Owen Daniels, Mark Bruener, Jeb Putzier, Joel Dreesen
LT: Ephraim Salaam, Jordan Black
LG: Chester Pitts, Kasey Studdard
C: Steve McKinney, Mike Flanagan
RG: Fred Weary
RT: Eric Winston, Scott Jackson

DEFENSE

LE: ND Kalu, Anthony Weaver, Earl Cochran
LDT: Travis Johnson, Anthony Maddox
RDT: Amobi Okoye, Jeff Zgonina
RE: Mario Williams, Jason Babin
LOLB: Danny Clark, Charlie Anderson, Shantee Orr
MLB: Demeco Ryans, Zac Diles
ROLB: Morlon Greenwood, Shawn Barber
CB1: Dunta Robinson, Fred Bennett
SS: Jason Simmons, Brandon Harrison
FS: C.C. Brown, Von Hutchins, Dexter McCleon
CB2: Demarcus Faggins, Jamar Fletcher

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Kris Brown
P: Matt Turk
KR: Jerome Mathis
PR: Jacoby Jones
LS: Joel Dreesen

Let's see if Kubiak/Smith concur.

*NOTE*: I liked what I saw from Walker and Lundy toting the ball, but neither of them will contribute much to special teams. Also, we don't need 3 qb's so Zabransky should be on the practice squad IMO.

Just call me coach/gm Shaft...

OFFENSE

QB: Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels
RB: Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, Samkon Gado
FB: Vonta Leach, Jon Abbate
WR1: Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, Jerome Mathis
WR2: Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, David Anderson
TE: Owen Daniels, Mark Bruener, Jeb Putzier, Joel Dreesen
LT: Ephraim Salaam, Jordan Black
LG: Chester Pitts, Kasey Studdard
C: Steve McKinney, Mike Flanagan
RG: Fred Weary
RT: Eric Winston, Scott Jackson

DEFENSE

LE: ND Kalu, Anthony Weaver, Earl Cochran
LDT: Travis Johnson, Anthony Maddox
RDT: Amobi Okoye, Jeff Zgonina
RE: Mario Williams, Jason Babin
LOLB: Danny Clark, Charlie Anderson, Shantee Orr
MLB: Demeco Ryans, Zac Diles
ROLB: Morlon Greenwood, Shawn Barber
CB1: Dunta Robinson, Fred Bennett
SS: Jason Simmons, Brandon Harrison
FS: C.C. Brown, Von Hutchins, Dexter McCleon
CB2: Demarcus Faggins, Jamar Fletcher

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Kris Brown
P: Matt Turk
KR: Jerome Mathis
PR: Jacoby Jones
LS: Joel Dreesen

Let's see if Kubiak/Smith concur.

*NOTE*: I liked what I saw from Walker and Lundy toting the ball, but neither of them will contribute much to special teams. Also, we don't need 3 qb's so Zabransky should be on the practice squad IMO.

I am fairly surprised at how close I was. I can't believe that they let go Abbate. I am just not too high on Cook.

If the next two cuts are Wynn and Killings, then my only miss was on trying to keep Frye on the roster by cutting Cook.

Back