Preseason Game 4 Thread: Bucs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Khari, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

2. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

I know Lundy, Morency, Carr and DRob not playing, anyone else know who is not playing??

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

AJ and Moulds. This is a backup battle although I think I read somewhere their 1st team or most of it may get 1 series or so.

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I just got handed tickets to this thing so I guess I'm going to go watch the backups battle away. I'm actually looking forward to it. I want to see this "Chris Taylor Beast" I keep hearing about. I figure he'll shine tomorrow night and earn himself a place on the practice squad or, maybe even the regular 53 man roster. Who knows, stranger things have happened. Tony Hollings got paid for 3 years here and if that can happen then Chris Taylor can earn a roster spot.

5. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Typically this is a pretty intense game as folks are playing for jobs. Look for a lot of hard hits etc.

6. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Yes Chris Taylor should earn a spot hopefully, he looked great at camp this year, we shall see what happens...............

7. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

8. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I'm excited to see what unfolds at the WR position this game. We're now down to 7 WRs and theres lots of talent there. I'm guessing David Anderson gets put on the practice squad (then next year makes a Chris McKenzie type leap and competes for playing time) and Richie Ross gets cut, even though he really has come a far way so far and was left on the roster before Armstrong, so that says a lot.

And as you can tell, I'm excited to see Taylor get some quality playing time :yahoo:

9. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Many of the starters are not scheduled to play. Pretty much anyone for whom there is a somewhat-guaranteed starter spot. Basically, the list of people who will play: some of the O-line, the DTs, some of the LBs, 3rd WR on down, and everyone else 2nd string on down should be out there.

I think Taylor is a lock for practice squad and still possibly a game role. After watching him shine early into camp, I am somewhat surprised he hasn't emerged yet past special teams. I'm also surprised to hear that Lundy is the projected starter at this point over Morency. IMO Morency just brings more to the table. But, JMO.

10. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

This game is usually for the guys on the so called BUBBLE. This is the make or break game for them. I expect to see alot of hustle in this game.

11. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

As is usual, the 4th preseason game is where the confirmed starters take a breather and let those who are fighting for a roster spot have all the fun. I will watch it for two reasons.

1) Because I love the Texans
    2) Because I want to know which RBs will get cut.

Personally I think we will see Antowain getting the shaft since he cannot do KR, where as Taylor can. Dual positions are vital, as you all know. DD is a completely different story.

12. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

LOL I like your avatar. :highfive: Look out you might have to by that guy a Roast Duck Dinner with Mango Salsa! :)

13. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Veteran

i want to see eric winston, i haven't seen much his play yet.

14. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Probably get to see out 3rd string QB as well, Pickett or Porter, to see what they're all about.

15. real

real Guest

Is P-Buch going to play much..?

16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

If perfomance of Lundy and Morency stay relative to their play in preseason (of course expecting proportionate improvement with time), I would expect that there will not be much difference in their weekly allotted playing times.

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Smith will not be cut unless Kub intends to use a FB or converted TE for that tough couple of goal line yards.

18. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

I got tickets yesterday from work so I will be there tonight. I hope there is a good crowd even though it is the 4th preseason game.

I wonder if Carr will be out there for one series? I wouldn't be surprised, because the chance of injury is low and they may want to work with him on one or two things.

If not, I expect a good game because people are fighting for their jobs.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I get to go, and check out my seats......

TBs second team was just as brutal against Jacksonville, so I'm hopping to see McKinney, Hogdon & the rest of our line against those guys.

20. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Guys, I don't think most of our starters are playing today. I have heard that Simms at least should be in for the first quarter for Tampa. Maybe we can win anyway, but unless we at least have some of our starting O-line this could get ugly.

:texflag: