Predictions for Texans last seven games

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tedr, Nov 14, 2007.

1. tedr

tedr Veteran

-AJ picks up right where he left off. He finishes with 10 TD catches over the last seven games.

-Schaub improves his TD pass production with AJ back and finishes the season with 15 TDs and 11 interceptions.

-Echemandu becomes the starter in the next few weeks and finishes with four 100-yd games.

-Because of better offensive performance, the defense is on the field less and improves it's overall performance.

-Jacoby Jones becomes a dependable #3 receiver and returns two punts for TDs.

-Texans go 5-2 over the last seven games, finishing at 9-7, and barely missing the playoffs.

A lot of homerism here- what do you all think about the last seven games?

2. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

so schaub doesnt throw a single td to anyone apart from aj the last 7 games?? i dont think so

anyway i dont know how we'll do the last 7 weeks (depends on what we see this weekend)... the sad thing is that if we play like we did the first few weeks (unlikely with dunta etc gone), we could realistically go 7-0 the next few weeks because all the teams left are pretty beatable (given that hopefully peyton and co will prob be sitting by week 16)

based on the last few week i see us going 2-5 or 3-4

3. mattschaub#8

mattschaub#8 hi im matt jk

the texans have gone through some hard times with out andra steve mickinney and matt schaub and others like last week when dauta hurt his leg...

well good news texans fans matt schaub and andra johnson is back and hopefully green well play the holl game we have sants comeing here but hear me out they just l ost to the rams and we have andra back and matt schaub to rev up the offence and andra is ready to play i say the games guan be close texans win[/COLOR]

then the browns yes they do look good but yeah a win close game as well come on the browns :p

then the titans i duno about this 1 ill say loss :gun: well maby win maby we will be 10 - 6 duno

then the buccanners we will win no doubt abot it
    they well be shocked

then the broncos another win ... lol

colts na lol we lost sadly :gun: our def is hurting with out dunta

jaqs we win close game tho there qb is good and so is the running back could go any way

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!

hollywood_texan and Maddict5 like this.
  5. mattschaub#8

mattschaub#8 hi im matt jk

wht do yall think:texflag:

6. tedr

tedr Veteran

Who says all AJ's TD receptions are from Schaub? He might miss another game or two later on.

7. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Sounds pretty good to me. This city would go nuts if the Texans finished with a winning record.
    :texflag:

8. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

One game at a time. New Orleans is next. If we can win that and pull to .500 I'll think about the next one.

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think our offense will match up but worried our defense will crater.

10. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I think a week off for rest will do wonders this week. Offense should score on the 'aints, and the defense will do just enough to help pull out a win.

Oh yeah...Mario sacks Brees twice, and Amobi recovers a fumble. You heard it here first!

:fans:

11. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Texans win the Super Bowl.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Now that is a prediction.

I'll go on record saying that the Texans will play the last seven games. :cowboy1:

13. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

You get high marks for creativity, but something tells me your prognostication powers suck.

Nevertheless, very nice post!

14. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

You said AJ has 10 TD catches over the last 7 games. Schaub currently has 5 Td's and 7 INT's...To get schaub to 15 TD's he would need to make 10 TD's passes.

Tis possible Schaub throws a TD to say Kevin Walter but then that would mean Sage would have to throw a TD to AJ.

I just hope we don't sustain any more serious injuries.

15. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Continuity problems

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

What the heck is all that supposed to mean?--that Schaub doesn't throw to AJ or TD's to AJ?

You do realize AJ had 3 TD receptions FROM SCHAUB in the 1st two games, right?--and 262 yds?

17. tedr

tedr Veteran

Not that it matters all that much, but my point was to say I expect AJ to have a total of 10 TD catches over the last seven games. If nobody but Schaub quarterbacks, then, yes, you are right, he'd have to throw all of his TDs to Johnson. However, I'm not assuming that he'll be in there all the time. There is the possibility that Sage might have to replace Schaub due to injury, and might connect with AJ some, and that someone besides AJ will catch one from Schaub. I do think that Schaub and Johnson work very well together, as evidenced by the first two games, and there's no doubt AJ will be Schaub's primary target.

I agree with you though- I hope all the serious injuries are overwith.

18. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

It all depends on if they can get the steam rolling. If they can beat NO, then another, then another, they will have a much better shot at the play-offs. I think the reality is, though, that they're pass defense is going to get killed. 1-6 or 0-7.

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Does everyone pretty much agree that the running game is not where our hopes lay? I think we should go beserk throwing to TEs and WRs with 3 or 4 end arounds by JJ and Davis. This would also increase effectiveness of draw play but also increase chances of losing all our QBs.

20. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I'm tired of all predictions that either predict us playing average football to slightly above average football. It's like we're afraid of success. I want to see the Texans win the Super Bowl. Is it realistic for this year? No. But that's what the aim should be every year otherwise it's not worth it. :fans:

Silver Oak likes this.