Predict if you'll see poise from Carr this week

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Marcus, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Go ahead. Make a prediction.

Do you think you'll see an improvement from what you saw in preseason? And will your prediction go hand in hand with your prediction of the final score?

Fire away. :shoot:

2. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

The only prediction on Carr that I will make is............ I predict that I will hope to see improvement from Carr.

3. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I expect it...I truly think david is ready to go. 27 -14 texans... carr will throw 1 td and run for another... with 235 yards passing....and 1 interception....moulds slips and falls on that pass:homer:

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I don't expect Carr to look good in this game. Kubiak hasn't finished "fixing" him, yet, and the Eagle's D is a hard D to get mentally healthy against.

If we're going to win this game, our running game is going to have to step up (including Carr on the roll outs and boots) and our D is going to have to shut down the Eagle's short passing game. We can't give the Eagles O a short field to work with because that's how the Eagles have been successful in the past.

If we're going to win this, I expect us to win ugly.

tsip likes this.
  5. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

I agree with Pencil Neck. It's hard to look poised when you have Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard coming off the edges. The Eagles defense is going to get pressure, Carr will look uncomfortable in the pocket. That's why we're going to have to use roll outs as well as play action passes set up by a solid running game to give us a fighting chance. Maybe he'll show some poise next week. ;)

6. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I predict that if we don't see an NFL QB in him by the bye week, we'll see a change ...

7. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

I agree with Blockhead, but I think Kubiak knows all that, and he will give him some plays that he can work with. My toes & fingers are crossed and I'm holding my breath. That's the way I start EVERY game.

Do you think we will see a lot of plays we didnt get to see in pre-season, and if so, what do you think they might be?

8. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Well, you know, the Eagles, Colts, Dolphins, and Redskins have defenses that make even the best quarterbacks look a little shaky. We've got a new scheme with a couple of rookies playing. We're going to see some blown assignments.

I hope we see DC step it up and own these guys but I'll be pretty happy if he just shows some marked improvement by the Redskin game.

And then he HAS to come out and own the Cowgirls. He HAS to.... cause I'll be in the damn stands with my Domanick Davis jersey on.

9. Ye Olde Pro

Ye Olde Pro Rookie

Against the Eagles? Could be. Kearse has a tendencey to over pursue, so against the rollout, Carr has a legit shot at it. Why? Because I think he'll be hesitant to throw the ball away!

I like Carr, I really do. I believe that if WE as fans, are patient enough with him he will settle down nicely by mid season. Kid has the tools, now all he needs is the confidence that he won't be on his butt every play.

10. phan1

phan1 All Pro

To be honest, I was hoping for a greatly new and improved Carr a month ago, but seeing preseason has put me back down on earth. There's just no evidence that Carr is "new and improved." And we're talking about Eagles D here. I fully expect a very tough game with either our D or our running game going to have to come up really big for us. Carr ain't going to look poised and confident until I actually see him do it. Hopefully, I'll see it soon, but I haven't seen it yet.

11. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

Eagle’s D will confuse DC. Think it will still be a close game. But the Eagles take this 1.

12. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

its the regular season now...all i do is shutup and pray

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I sense 12-24 for 115 yards 0 tds and 3 ints for a qb rating of 21.7 yes not a typo 21.7

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Texans_Chick likes this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I hope David takes a prozac or something, I feel him along with the team is going to be high strung coming into this game.Both sides of the ball are going to be trying to prove something.. Hopefully Kubiac and Sherman along with Smith can keep these guys with some "controlled agression"

I think (hope) in the 2nd quarter he will settle down.

16. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I hope to see lots of improvement, with a Texans win.

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Carr is going to stink it up 1 for 36 passing with 6 Ints. Sage comes in and breaks his leg before completing a pass. Carr comes back and sprains his throwing shoulder. Putzier plays QB and goes 6 for 7 and there are three threads started that he should be the starting QB. The line will be totally crap and the WR can't get open and have zero receptions and the runners will only get 15 yards. The defense will not get any pressure and we will be burned repeatedly deep. Final score 48-3 Eagles.

There, now any thing above that will be a positive. See, the glass is half full. Enjoy.

The Pencil Neck and HOU-TEX like this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

speaking of that.. is pultzer or Stanley our emergency QB?

19. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I know I will be non-poised.

I'm going to be a geeked up fool.* Probably in need of medication. I will like self-medicate with fluids prior to the game.

Off season is WAAAAAAAY too long after 2-14.

*That being said, I will have enough sense to be quiet on offense. The preseason crowd was having difficulty with that because well, it is a preseason crowd, and moving the ball on offense last year was kinda on the rare list so it freaks the crowd out some.

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Yeah - Freeney and Mathis will be a lot easier. :)