predict 2006 WINS/LOSSES

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thetexanator, Apr 13, 2005.

1. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

my prediction is 10-6 with losses at
    cincy
    seattle
    jax
    indy
    baltimore
    home losses against
    indy

yeah its early and seems pretty weird having 1 home loss, but this team could do it.
    whatcha think? :hmmm:

2. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

It's too early to pinpoint games we're expected to win or lose, but I'll say we end up either 8-8 or 9-7 barring any major injuries...If a guy like AJ goes down, our chances of having a winning record will be drastically decreased...

3. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I'm thinking 10-6 too.

4. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Shouldn't this be the 2005 season? :confused:

5. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

I also like 10-6. But instead of losing to Seattle I have us losing to Stl, and instead of Cinncy I have us losing to the Steelers. Do you think 10-6 will get us to the playoffs?.

6. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

10-6 would probably get us in the playoffs, but I think yall are being overly optimistic...

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think we'll go 9-7 and grab a wildcard spot.

8. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Ill be happy with 9-7, with a wildcard or 10-6 being icing on the cake

9. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

Maybe a little optimistic with the 10-6 but if Carr makes the steps this year most of us believe he will it is not out of the question. I think we could go 9-7 with our roster the way it stands(pre-draft), so with a good draft 10-6 is within reach. I am unsure the Colts can do again this year what they did last year so that should help us also. It just seems to me the Ravens showed everyone how to hold that high powered offense in check for awhile(Colts had trouble with 3-4 teams), we also did a great job of it in the second half of our 2nd game with them last year. We continued to play some of the best defence in the league or last 4 or 5 games last year(not the brown game though) and if we can continue that I think we could even win the division.
    Now that's optimistic.

10. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

OK.. we always win one game we shouldnt... and lose one game we shouldnt.. So keep that in mind. here is my prediction.

Sep 11. @ Buffalo -- WIN!
    Sep 18 vs. Pitt ----- LOSS
    Sep 25 BYE
    Oct 2 @ Cin ------ WIN!
    Oct 9 vs. Tenn ---- WIN!
    Oct 16 @ Sea ----- LOSS
    Oct 23 vs. Indy --- WIN!
    Oct 30 vs. Clev --- WIN!
    Nov 6 @ Jax ------ LOSS
    Nov 13 @ Indy ---- LOSS
    Nov 20 vs. KC ----- WIN!
    Nov 27 vs. StL ---- WIN!
    Dec 4 @ Balt ------ WIN!
    Dec 11 @ Tenn ---- WIN!
    Dec 18 vs. Ariz ---- LOSS
    Sat. Dec 24 vs. Jax - WIN!
    Jan 1 @ SF --------- WIN!

11-5.. and this is very possible.

OK.. here is my reasoning.

Buffalo: Its JPs first real game.. he will likely be a little rough, but I doubt they take him out.. not on his first start. They have a strong running game, which worries me.. but we learned our lesson at the beggining of 2004 .. and were disappointed against cleveland in game 16.. we will come into the game ready to start off on the right foot.

Pittsburgh: Strong running game and Big Ben in his second season.. this will be a tough game for us.. and traditionally we have not been at our best at the beggining of the season. We will keep it close I think, but lose it in the end. We have also traditionally been bad in 3pm games.

Cincinatti: We have yet to beat these guys.. and in our 4th year I think we are ready to take it to em. We will come into this game ready to kick some butt and we will finally get it done.

Tennessee#1: Yah... we win

Seattle: Seattle at home can be a tough game. and coming off a win against Tennessee I think they will catch us. I hate losing on national TV.

Indianapolis#1: We have been gameplanning this offseason to finally get our first win against Indy.. and we will do it in our first game against them. its at home and we rock at home :). Indy is going down on Oct 23rd!. Battle Red day!

Cleveland: PAYBACK! we come in and school them. Our first blowout in franchise history.

Jacksonville#1: ahhh.. I would love to sweep the jags again.. but I dont see it happening. They take this game.. but its close.

Indianapolis#2: Loss again.. I think its too much to hope that we sweep Indi.. especially in their own stadium. Two losses in a row to division rivals.. we will be itching to win next week.

Kansas City: And we will!! home game.. and nationally televised. We have beat them before and we will beat them again. Honestly.. not much about KC has changed since the last time we have played them.. and that actually wasnt our best game.. and we STILL won. I think this time.. in OUR stadium.. we give em a whoopin. This will be one of the best games of the season IMO. I would say that this could be Battle Red Day.. but I dunno.. would we wear red against the Chiefs? Its an important game and I think we would want to bring out the big guns.. but could it backfire? hehe. Then again.. it would hide any Chiefs fans in our stadium :)

St. Louis: A passing team against our secondary? in our stadium? Maybe if it was Indi.. but St. Louis? pfffffft.. we whoop em.

Baltimore: Ahh.. the game we are supposed to lose. We showed the we can handle cold weather against the Bears.. and we will do it again this week. Everyone will be expecting a Ravens win, and we will surprise them again. Possibly even knock Baltimore out of the playoffs at this point.

Tennessee#2: Sweep! enjoy our leavings Tennessee

Arizona: Agg.. the game we are supposed to win :). Arizona has a good team this year and they will make the playoffs IMO. We will get robbed in our own house by the Cardinals.. how embarrassing.

Jacksonville#2: Ahhh.. we cant let them sweep us!.. no way they win this game. "pwned"

San Fran: We learned from Cleveland last year, and will not repeat it this year. Besides.. this game will be detrimental to our getting a wildcard or not. We will blow the 9ers away in the second blowout in franchise history.. despite it being a 3pm game.

SO! there ya go :). Get on the phone with Vegas and start placing your bets.

11. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I'm going to say somewhere between 6 wins and 12 wins: depending on injuries, a few breaks, and how the team may/may not gel together...

I'd be willing to put some money on it too!

12. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

still 5 MORE MONTHS! UGGHH

13. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

h/o a lil optimism.. 16-0... wait that won't be done ever again IMO.. 15-1

14. scourge

scourge Digression King

9-7 is my prediction, though 10-6 is very doable.

15. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

are we talking 05 or 06, i'm confused :hmmm:

16. scourge

scourge Digression King

2005, i assume...

17. ocd

ocd Rookie

Sep 11. @ Buffalo -- loss
    Sep 18 vs. Pitt ----- loss
    Sep 25 BYE
    Oct 2 @ Cin --------loss
    Oct 9 vs. Tenn ---- WIN!
    Oct 16 @ Sea ----- loss
    Oct 23 vs. Indy ----loss
    Oct 30 vs. Clev --- WIN!
    Nov 6 @ Jax -------WIN
    Nov 13 @ Indy -----loss
    Nov 20 vs. KC ------loss
    Nov 27 vs. StL ---- WIN!
    Dec 4 @ Balt -------loss
    Dec 11 @ Tenn ---- WIN!
    Dec 18 vs. Ariz -----loss
    Sat. Dec 24 vs. Jax -WIN!
    Jan 1 @ SF ---------WIN!

7 and 9...probably 6 and 10. We just don't have that good of a team yet. Specifically watch the Buffalo and Cincinnati games to gauge how we're gonna do for the season. Both have inexperienced QB's but solid running games, defenses and special teams. And we will have injuries cause they're part of the game, I just hope Carr isn't one of them.

18. I'm going to say we go like this, but it's still early:

Sep 11. @ Buffalo -- win
    Sep 18 vs. Pitt ----- loss
    Sep 25 BYE
    Oct 2 @ Cin --------loss
    Oct 9 vs. Tenn ----- loss
    Oct 16 @ Sea ----- win
    Oct 23 vs. Indy ----loss
    Oct 30 vs. Clev --- win
    Nov 6 @ Jax -------win
    Nov 13 @ Indy -----loss
    Nov 20 vs. KC ------loss
    Nov 27 vs. StL ---- loss
    Dec 4 @ Balt -------win
    Dec 11 @ Tenn ---- loss
    Dec 18 vs. Ariz -----win
    Sat. Dec 24 vs. Jax -loss
    Jan 1 @ SF ---------win

Another 7-9 season. Another season of injuries and no depth.

19. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Supergenius I think you are right on target, not being pessimistic but the reality of it is that we have not done much in the off-season, and we dont seem like we want to make moves in the first other than maybe trading back in with one of the lower teams with not very many picks. Even though we could trade to number 9 because washington has only 4 or 5 picks this year and they are looking for more picks. DJ anyone (not likely). We go 8-8 because we will play tough. But we will lose 2 games due to playcalling, 2 games because we did not show up, and 4 games because we dont have enough playmakers. That is the finally.

20. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

If they don't do something about the poor play of the offensive line which they have not so far they won't get to the playoffs.