Pre season tickets Cowboys

Discussion in 'Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear' started by 76Texan, May 27, 2013.

1. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I saw a few at Cheaptickets.com for $8 (upper level, of course).

Is it for real?
    Has anybody used that site before?

Also, I saw $5 ticket for the Cowboys - Bengals game the week ahead of the Texans game.

The parking costs many times more than that, LOL!

2. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

I don't know what preseason tickets go for in Houston, but when I lived in Dallas, it wasn't uncommon to be able to get a ticket for $5 or so up to the date of the game from just about any major ticket reseller.

The NFL should be embarrassed for charging season ticket holders full price for preseason games...

3. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I'm looking for 4 tix to that game for a friend. If anyone has any to sell I'm interested.

4. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

This game sounds like the one that starters will probably play for a quarter, so I probably won't make that trip. With the video board, even the cheap seats will be ok for a preseason. Actually for those who like standing, the party pass would be better. I won't decide until mid July what I will be doing with my tickets, but any info that I think would be interesting, I will pass along.

5. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

It's the 4th game; starters prob won't play at all.

6. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

5th for Dallas... I doubt the starters will see much action for either team..I hate having the final preseason game here.. like we have had the last 2 years.. glad its on the road this year!

7. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

I also own Dallas season tickets and not going!

8. StarStruck

You, too! I'm in section 317 and love the convenience.

9. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

Mine are 126!

10. StarStruck

Looks like you have the easy access to the team shop. The only downside to my location is the team shop is on the opposite side. We park at Jack in the Box on Collins.

I have family in Dallas who will probably use tickets for the Texans preseason.

11. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

We stay at the Sheridan and walk. Parking SUCKS there.

12. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Hey, I just messaged you on Facebook about this, but didn't see this until afterward. I'm trying to find tickets for a friend to that game. Please let me know if you want to move them. Thanks!

13. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

Hey Paul, I got your FB message. Wish I could have helped you, they sold pretty quick. Let me know next year if you need any games.

14. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

I am going....staying with relatives in plano...they are paying for ticket so all i got to pay for is my gas....

I have seen nosebleeds for 4 dollars on websites.......shipping is more than the ticket....lol

15. TexasCowboy

TexasCowboy Straight Talker

If the tickets for this preseason game really are $8 (upper) section only I believe this
    shows how obsolete preseason games are becoming, perhaps giving the owners the
    incentive to do away with all preseason games and just have camp during the summer
    months

16. StarStruck

Some people are probably unloading the worthless preseason tickets at bargain basement because $8 is better than nothing. But, who really will even be sitting in nose bleed when over half the stadium will be empty? Sounds better to come up with a set ticket price $1000 for 10 tickets @ $100per instead of $1000 for 8 tickets at $125 per. Selling the preseason as a package somehow minimizes the true sticker shock.

17. TexasCowboy

Not to turn this into a politics thread,

but I tend to look at it from a economic stand point!!! where people aren't really capable of
    affording the non luxury items, due to rising costs in food, gas, clothes, even oil for heating
    in houses owned has taking a incredible spike in cost thanks to the economy being so non
    existent

and as much as people would like to attend games some how. The family and their needs come
    ahead of a desire to attend a football game

18. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

The owners already made their money on the pre-season games when they sold season tickets to buyers. That was part of the package and this is why you see people selling them for super duper cheap.

They might turn 2 of the preseason games into regular season games (extending the season from 16 games to 18 games) but I doubt they will get rid of the preseason entirely when they are still making loads of money off of those tickets.

19. TexasCowboy

The reason they are selling them cheap is in my post just above yours!
    like I said this is not supposed to turn into a political discussion, but it's
    damn hard not to see how a failed economy and rising costs have put
    Americans in a jam where the money becomes more important in keeping
    the family a float as opposed to a non luxury like going to a football game
    being played by your favorite team

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Your argument makes no sense. The only reason you have preseason tickets to sell (especially if times are hard) is because you are a season ticket holder. $8 bucks for a preseason game (taking a $42 loss) makes zero difference financially compared to the $500 commitment for the season. Whohoo, for 2 seats I spent $1000 and I am so desperate getting $32 back for the preseason is a life saving deal. Might want to reconsider the financial planning because you might as well go to the game. Now you lost $168 bucks on games you didn't get to see.

Your theory also doesn't fly since folks have been giving away or selling preseason tickets at a severe discount throughout the existence of the Texans and I am sure that is true with other teams as well. Obviously that includes a much broader time period than recent economic events (that and Texas has been least effected by those events).