Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Dolphins PR was calling FC with no one around him. Didn't learn much about punt coverage from this game.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Tillman: "Mays with almost an excellent play". A missed tackle is "almost excellent"?

Wolf

100% Texan
Looks like play Hopkins got the concussion?

Just saw the catch and then h e blocked on the next play

just saw him go to the sideline after that

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Is today's replay not in HD. Compared to watching the game on HD yesterday, it looks like I'm watching the game today through a fish bowls.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
It didn't look that bad. He stayed on the field for a play (a run). Then took himself off the field.
Concussions many times will have a delayed effect that when it does appear can begin quite subtle, such as with some dizziness or feelings of imbalance or minor visual disturbances. Things that you would not pick up on TV.....only by closer exam or by history alone.

EDIT: Anytime a head bounces off the turf, it can create a concussion.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Geez, that play by Newton looks worse now.

Looked like he was going to a spot versus playing the player in front of him.

He just turned his back on Wake and offered him the red carpet to Schaub. :kubepalm:

Rey

Newton was garbage on that whiff...that said its a whole lot more noticeable when your qb just holds the ball and eats it without any fight. I see breakdowns in protection all the time, but I also see QBs that can make things happen anyways.

Texn4life

All Pro
too long of a post to reply too? sometimes I can go on a rant, :pop:
Yeah, too many drinks last night to process all of that and produce a reply that made any sense.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I do think Schaub is what is holding this team back. At times he shows great anticipation, and at times not so much. You kind of wonder how great Andre would be with an Aaron Rodgers or a Tom Brady. It's one reason why I suggested that we should have found a way to bring Manning to Houston. Financially it would have been almost impossible, but considering we were his first option I would have at least explored it.

Our defense was shredded against New England so its hard to make that argument last year, but this is a make or break year for him IMO. Interceptions are going to happen so I'm not going to kill him for everyone of those he throws. But he has to counter those with game changing positive plays which he just didn't do at the end of the year. Outside of the INT he's looked fine to me so far in his 4 drives this preseason. Can fine be enough to get us over the hump? That's what we're going to find out because I think that's close to all he has in him.

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
Geez, that play by Newton looks worse now.

Looked like he was going to a spot versus playing the player in front of him.

He just turned his back on Wake and offered him the red carpet to Schaub. :kubepalm:
Newton was garbage on that whiff...that said its a whole lot more noticeable when your qb just holds the ball and eats it without any fight. I see breakdowns in protection all the time, but I also see QBs that can make things happen anyways.

"Hes going outside. hes going outside! Oh **** he went inside!"

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
That was a horrendous knee injury to the Miami player Dustin Keller.........I posted that I was sure he took out his ACL and medial collateral ligament. Now that they report he suffered injuries to 3 ligaments, the 3rd has to be the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). Best wishes to the young man. I know nothing was called and it was a "clean" hit, but if he keeps on going for the knees, Swearinger is going to hurt more people and eventually get into trouble for it. Swearinger was already in his forward trajectory (could not have held back if he wanted to), and Keller just barely turned around for it not to have resulted in a potential chop.

Wolf

100% Texan
Love the "check out the new hd screens at reliant"

like Cloak said. It is like watching this replay through a fishbowl

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
That was a horrendous knee injury to the Miami player Dustin Keller.........I posted that I was sure he took out his ACL and medial collateral ligament. Now that they report he suffered injuries to 3 ligaments, the 3rd has to be the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). Best wishes to the young man. I know nothing was called and it was a "clean" hit, but if he keeps on going for the knees, Swearinger is going to hurt more people and eventually get into trouble for it. Swearinger was already in his forward trajectory (could not have held back if he wanted to), and Keller just barely turned around for it not to have resulted in a potential chop.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.
And dislocated his knee. Damn.

I feel bad for Keller and agree if DJ keeps it up he will draw some fire from the league. But in the same vein it sends a message to TE/WR across the league: go across the middle against us you WILL get hit. Something we lacked vs NE last year

Look at Schaub's AND Newton's foot work on that play.........virtually identical.:mcnugget:
At least there are in sync.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

I feel bad for Keller and agree if DJ keeps it up he will draw some fire from the league. But in the same vein it sends a message to TE/WR across the league: go across the middle against us you WILL get hit. Something we lacked vs NE last year

At least there are in synch.
By definition of a combined ACL, MCL and PCL..........your knee will have dislocated.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

I feel bad for Keller and agree if DJ keeps it up he will draw some fire from the league.
The league is asking for this by fining anyone that hits above the waist. No one is sueing them for artheritic knees, so I doubt this changes.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Look at Schaub's AND Newton's foot work on that play.........virtually identical.:mcnugget:
Not sure what you're saying doc.... are you saying like synchronized?

Or are you saying Schaub has the same hitch in his step that Newton does? You can see Derek hobbling a bit on his right knee. I don't know if that's a "I just got spanked on TV, better fake an old football injury." Kind of thing or if he's not 100%

I'm not seeing that same giddy-up in Schaub's step.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

& by the way, that's a strong move by Cameron Wake (one of the best DEs in the game today). Hopefully that's the kind of hand work the Ninja is tutoring Sonic on.

See how Newton lackadaisically places his left hand on Wakes right shoulder? Wake comes under with his right hand, slaps Newton's left arm off his shoulder, turning Newton's body & momentum to the outside, while he cuts back inside.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

All their feet look funny to me... like something ain't right.

However, Ben Jones looks good, Ben Tate looks great. Brooks recovered well. I told you what I thought about Newton, but Duane.....

That little guy is giving the big guy all he can handle. That's a full press, good slap, & he gets around Duane on the redirection..... had Newton not totally failed & Matt was allowed to hold the ball another second or two, that play coud have still ended just as bad.......

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Not sure what you're saying doc.... are you saying like synchronized?

Or are you saying Schaub has the same hitch in his step that Newton does? You can see Derek hobbling a bit on his right knee. I don't know if that's a "I just got spanked on TV, better fake an old football injury." Kind of thing or if he's not 100%

I'm not seeing that same giddy-up in Schaub's step.
You're right all the foot work looked screwy.

I can guarantee you that he is not 100%. Newton is still significantly affected by his recent surgery.

Schaub takes too much time to drop back to begin with..........looked stutter-step awkward.........When the D man came in, he looked like he was thinking about what his next move was going to be, instead of instinctively reacting.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
All their feet look funny to me... like something ain't right.

However, Ben Jones looks good, Ben Tate looks great. Brooks recovered well. I told you what I thought about Newton, but Duane.....

That little guy is giving the big guy all he can handle. That's a full press, good slap, & he gets around Duane on the redirection..... had Newton not totally failed & Matt was allowed to hold the ball another second or two, that play coud have still ended just as bad.......

Remember when I mentioned that Ben Jones was being pushed around a great deal during the game, and that I believed that Brown was "cheating" trying to babysit Jones? Well, take a look at Brown's eyes/head as the play is beginning. He's worried about if he needs to shift to help Jones. And for that split second, his man is given time to beat him to the outside to gain leverage.

Rey

Newtons feet are too close together. They even cross at one point and that is why wake was able to get him with the inside move. When your feet are too close together or overlapping you don't have the balance needed to redirect and shut off the counter move.

Looks like newton was cheating his technique because he was worried about the edge rush.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
and in other news, former first ovrl. pick David Carr is playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game and just sacked himself. :toropalm:

EVOLVIST

Kid A
Hey, I've been in Oklahoma. Does anyone know where I can watch the game online or something in HD? I can't believe it was blacked out all over this friggin state.

PapaL

Loose Screw
Hey, I've been in Oklahoma. Does anyone know where I can watch the game online or something in HD? I can't believe it was blacked out all over this friggin state.
NFL.com - it'll cost you $14.99 with the promo code "Directv".

PapaL

Loose Screw
Thanks, bro. But I was actually thinking about something in the negative $14.99 range. :)
There are sources like firstrowsports but those are use at your own risk. I started to watch preseason week 1 there and the feed was neither reliable nor very viewable. That's why I spent the $14.99.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Thanks, bro. But I was actually thinking about something in the negative $14.99 range. :)
I'm with PapaL on this. Over the years, I've tried lots of different torrents sites and whatnot to get live preseason feeds and it's always been more miss than hit. A lot of times, the quality of the feed is bad and some times, it takes a few weeks of anti-virus purging to feel like the computer is clean again.

So I spring for the NFL.com preseason package.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I'm with PapaL on this. Over the years, I've tried lots of different torrents sites and whatnot to get live preseason feeds and it's always been more miss than hit. A lot of times, the quality of the feed is bad and some times, it takes a few weeks of anti-virus purging to feel like the computer is clean again.

So I spring for the NFL.com preseason package.
Just to clarify, torrents are files that you download and save on your hard drives for viewing later.
Watching streaming contents online is a total different animal, you don't ever posess those contents.