Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prayers for Travis Johnson's daughter

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I put this up on the Chron blog but figured I'd spread the word here because he asked for prayer help.

According to Travis Johnson's twitter page @Trapj99 (confirmed by the Chargers), his daughter Zoe suffered a stroke and currently is on a ventilator. From his tweets:

Jan 24th: I have always known when praises go up blessings come down so please send your praises and your prayers up for my daughter zoe who is in the fight of her life thank you. Shalom

Jan 25th: she is not letting this stroke and everything else get the best of her im so proud to be her Daddy

Jan 27th: i am bout to go crazy my heart hurts on a level never matched by anything in the world my daughter had her second stroke today and the docs have no answer im tryin not to lose it

Jan 29th: thank everyone for the prayers and keep praying and tweet to everybody about praying for her cause he answering our prayers little at a time

Jan 31st: zoe is 4 she will be 5 in july

Like Johnson, I also believe in the power of prayer. If you do too, please keep him and his family in your prayers. And if you do the twitter thing, send him some supportive tweets from Texan fans. During his time as a Texan, he was kind to my family and me, and I'd like to return the favor. He's a funny guy and was always good for a quote. It didn't work out for him as a Texan, but I hope the best for him both professionally and personally.

Lots of profoundly sad things in the world, but the nice things about prayers is that there isn't a limit on the ones you can make. I sometimes think that the bad that happens in the world is a reminder that we as individuals are not islands. That when bad things happen, we need to reach out to others for help, strength and guidance even though asking for help is uncomfortable and hard.

Blessings to all, and if you have kids, give them an extra squeeze today.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Sad News

I will keep their family in my prayers.

The Human side of NFL players is something we often forget.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
Wow, that's terrible. I have a 5 year old daughter that I am absolutely over the moon for, I would be a pile of shambles if I was in TJ's place. Prayers already sent.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
Wow, that's terrible. I have a 5 year old daughter that I am absolutely over the moon for, I would be a pile of shambles if I was in TJ's place. Prayers already sent.
If you read his entire Twitter page, it just hurts your heart.

Bad when you are ill.

Worse when a family member is ill.

But I can't imagine anything worse than when a small child is ill because you want to take away the pain and you can't.

Makes you want to wrap your kiddos up with bubble wrap. Too many scary things in the world that you can't protect your kids from.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I just read TC's blog and found this out. Surprised she hadn't posted it here yet.

Anywho, Travis Johnson rarely received much love around these boards, but he needs our help.

Travis Johnson is a former Texans DT and current Chargers DT. According to his twitter page @Trapj99 (confirmed by the Chargers), his daughter Zoe suffered a stroke and currently is on a ventilator. From his tweets:

Jan 24th: I have always known when praises go up blessings come down so please send your praises and your prayers up for my daughter zoe who is in the fight of her life thank you. Shalom

Jan 25th: she is not letting this stroke and everything else get the best of her im so proud to be her Daddy

Jan 27th: i am bout to go crazy my heart hurts on a level never matched by anything in the world my daughter had her second stroke today and the docs have no answer im tryin not to lose it

Jan 29th: thank everyone for the prayers and keep praying and tweet to everybody about praying for her cause he answering our prayers little at a time

Jan 31st: zoe is 4 she will be 5 in july
I would be dying inside if it were my daughter. My thoughts and prayers go out to TJ and his family.

http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2010/02/kubiak_on_steve_slatons_neck_s.html

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
A stroke at any age is a terrible event. In a 5-year-old, it may be incomprehensible to most. Sickle Cell Anemia is one of the most likely underlying conditions that you would think of in an Afro-American child. If this is indeed the cause, these children have 10% chance of stroke. They are greater than 200 times more likely to experience a stroke than those children without the disease. And their high risk essentially extends to age 18.

Taking care of a seriously ill child is one of the most draining and difficult tasks a parent can ever face. My thoughts and prayers go out for his daughter's recovery and he and his family's continued strength emotionally, physically and spiritually throughout this ordeal.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
That is SO sad. It's hard to think of anything that could be worse than something like this happening to your little kid. It really puts things in perspective and hope the Johnson family gets through this okay.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
As others have said..I couldn't imagine this happening to my 2 year old or 8 mos old. They are the biggest blessings I've ever received. My prayers go out to he, his little girl and family.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Positive thoughts and vibes for TJ and Zoe. I'm absolutely hopelessly in love with my little nieces, who are 2, 4, and 6. I can't even imagine how much of a disaster I would be if something happened to one of them... and they're not even my daughters - so this is something I can't even begin to think about.

texasguy346

Mod Squad
I can't imagine the pain he must be going through. I have a daughter that will soon be turning 7 and I would be a wreck if something like this happened to her. My thoughts and prayers will be with Zoe and TJ.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Travis and his family have had more than their share of recent emotional events. Travis, I believe, lost his grandfather sometime within the past 2 weeks.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
From Travis's tweets, his daughter had also been running a fever secondary to a pneumonia.

Trapj99

my baby is stiLl fighting, even tho she is still on the ventilator she is stable stiLl waitin for those lungs to get better before we see

Trapj99

how her brain is

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Simple chronology of events from TJ's most recent Twitters:

two weeks ago she was addmitted to the hospital with pneumonia, that friday she started to have a siezure then had a stroke the same day.
[about 2 hours ago from mobile web]

because of the stroke the left side of her body did not respond to when her brain told her to move it. thay day she also had surgery 2 drain

her right lung. and to scrape the infection from her lung walls. the next day that lung collapsed and to make matters worst she had another

stroke. so tht is wht has led up to the ventilator,chest tube and etc so once again i thank you all for the continued support and prayers

DiehardChris

You betcha!
A good news quote from TJ's twitter today:

Praise the Lord,praise the Lord Zoe just got her breathing tube takin out. He is a awsome GOD, thank you Lord
Don't want to overreact because she is probably not out of the woods, but at least she's no longer on a friggin' breathing tube.

Continued positive thoughts to TJ and his daughter!!!

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
A good news quote from TJ's twitter today:

Don't want to overreact because she is probably not out of the woods, but at least she's no longer on a friggin' breathing tube.

Continued positive thoughts to TJ and his daughter!!!
Awesome!

That was her second breathing tube that they took out. Zoe has also been staying up during most of the day and its been baby steps but she is progressing perfectly!! Keep praying!!

Big Lou

Hall of Fame
Absolutely heartbreaking....

I have a 3 year old and 7 month old girl. I don't know how I would go on if something ever happened to one of my girls!!!!!!