Practice Squad

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by keyfro, Sep 4, 2005.

1. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

so far none of the guys we just cut have been picked up...so who do ya'll see being on the 8-man practice squad

2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Kenneth Pettway, Sloan Thomas, Chris McKenzie, Aaron Halterman, Frank Chamberlin, Zeke Moreno, Reggie Swinton, and Chad Beasly.

I dont know if Moreno and Swinton are eligible though.

3. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I don't think Moreno, Swinton, or Chamberlin qualify for the practice squad.

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Guys who havent played more than 9 games are Eligible for the practice squad. With that said, Lord, Thomas, Pettway, McKenzie, Halterman, Symons, a DL, and a OL.

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

thanks, i did not know.

6. William.carter

William.carter Veteran

I can't belive it. Is there something the Texans aren't telling us about him. Was his injury in the TB game that severe? I just can't imagine why they would want to let their top producer in the preseason go. Someone please explain this one to me.

Practice Squad

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

All i can say is ...... :confused:

8. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Either he signed somewhere else or the injury he got was serious. Either way, Houston's holding out on us and I for one want to at least know why he didnt make the squad. He made some pretty amazing plays so its a mystery to me too.

9. TexasAggie

TexasAggie Rookie

Texans announce practice squad
    HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans announce they have signed the following players to the practice squad:

RB Jason Anderson
    TE Aaron Halterman
    T Garrick Jones
    FS Jammal Lord
    DE Alfred Malone
    CB Chris McKenzie
    WR Donovan Morgan
    LB Kenneth Pettway

Did not J Anderson get cut in the first round & A Matthews in th e last round?

10. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

As far as I can tell, and KFFL is reporting, Thomas has not been picked up by anybody, yet?

11. William.carter

William.carter Veteran

Dumping proven producers, holding on to losers like Bradford, and Hollings, not addressing key needs in the offseason, and thus far,no movement on any waiver wire prospects. I'm begining to lose faith in this team's front office. I can't imagine what they are thinking.

12. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

i would hardly call Thomas a proven producer, how many actual games in his career has he played in, how many career touchdowns does he have? the point is he isn't proven, and the Texans need to have a solid WR core, and most teams would take Bradford over Thomas at this point, Bradford might not even play much, as far as I am concerned, Mathis, Gaff, Armstrong are all ahead of him, and obviously AJ too, Thomas would even be further back, probably behind Swinton

13. William.carter

William.carter Veteran

He was quite consistant in the preseason, on both deep and timing routes. He is a better possession receiver Bradford. All that aside though. why not sign him back to the practice squad again this year? He proved he deserved at least that much in my opinion. Swinton was more productive than Bradford too. Bradford is justa waste of a roster spot in my opinion. I know preseason isn't everything. But he didn't shot a single thing this preseason to change my opinion of him based on past performances.

14. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

ok well i just now read that swinton was cut, so there goes swinton in the equation. sloan made plays against 3rd string players, its not like he was going out every night they played, and having him go against charles woodson or champ bailey type players. thomas should be able to make a 3rd stringer look bad, most talent at the CB positions tend to drop off badly after most nicklebacks

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

We've just seen him in parts of a few preseason games, the Texans have been watching him practice including scrimmage in game type conditions for
    a month or so in TC and that includes a lot of 2-a-days. They've seen many things about all their players that we average fans have not been privey to.

16. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Judging by how Thomas felt.. (he wanted to play).. I wouldnt be surprised if he got invited to the Practice Squad and declined.

17. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

maybe the texans did not like him.

18. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

you guys are somthing else , yes we know it was preseason and he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers SO WHAT , thats what preseason is for to see who performs and who doesnt , theres no reason they shouldnt have made room for Thomas and to keep Hollings ? and Joppru a TE that hasnt seen a game yet . Defend the staff all you want to somthings not right

19. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

I have seen good things and bad things from Sloan Thomas during the preseason. I have seen him make great catches, but I have also seen him give up on routes. From what I have seen from watching the games, Thomas just hasn't been consistant. Like nunusguy said, the Texans coaches have seen them in practice for the last few months, and we haven't. What the coaches reasons for cutting him and not signing him to the practice squad, we may never know. I will say that I am suprised that the Texans are only keeping 5 WR's and also that Hollings wasn't cut.

20. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

Joppru does not count against the roster while he is on the pup list or IR.