Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Pour one out for my friend Rita

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
My friend Rita died last Sunday. We had her memorial yesterday, and for our get together, my husband and I cooked up 4 salmon, 6 chickens, a bunch of pulled pork.

A number of y'all knew her. She tailgated and had tickets in the Bull Pen up until she didn't feel up to doing game days in person any more. She was 80 then.

When I grow up, I want to be as cool as Rita was. She was a huge sports fan, had a lot of fun, but knew her limits, which means you can have more fun that way.

Read about her fantastic life. She went out of this world staying independent, which is exactly what she wanted.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=rita-baumbach&pid=173997114&fhid=10886

here's to your friend.
oregonian_winesmiley.gif

sorry for your loss.

There are good ships,
and there are wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships, are friendships,
And may they always be

Sorry TC for your loss and I too will drink one for her .

I am thankful you had Rita in your life and thankful she had impact on you and others. I am thankful she enjoyed her life and smelled the roses as she pass through this world. I am thankful you want to model her life.

I am sorry only in that I did not know her.

Looks like she had a wonderful life and your life is much richer for knowing her. Condolences to her family.

DAYUM Steph!!

From this point forward, whenever I feel sorry for myself for losing "Moms", I will remember that I have friends like you that have lost their sister "Deb" and a friend named Rita.

Ima puss........

Naturally, thoughts and prayers are with you and of course Rita's family..

Peace be with all y'all!

DAYUM Steph!!

From this point forward, whenever I feel sorry for myself for losing "Moms", I will remember that I have friends like you that have lost their sister "Deb" and a friend named Rita.

Ima puss........

Naturally, thoughts and prayers are with you and of course Rita's family..

Peace be with all y'all!

The best way to honor those who have died is to appreciate life every single day, to treat the world with kindness even when we don't receive it in return, and to find joy in things both big and small. Life is a privilege and a miracle. And the people we loved and loved us who died would want us to live happy, healthy and long lives.

Be well, Bill. :)

You never know how much you're going to miss people until they're gone. Your friend Rita and my grandmother died around the same day. I've come to discover that life is about our relationships. This is why our lives don't solely belong to ourselves.

Back