Post Season or Higher Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by bOODRO87, Oct 7, 2013.

?

Chance at the playoffs or higher draft spot for QB?

1. Post Season crap-shoot.

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Higher chance of drafting a top QB.

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
  1. bOODRO87

bOODRO87 Time Consumer

At this point in the season with everything that's happened, what would you rather have? I believe this is a honest question giving how we just extended a QB who is playing as bad as it gets, but yet we have a fantastic team surrounding him that's being held back. I believe even if we did make the playoffs, we would be bounced out maybe even earlier than the last two years. We are just too easy to beat for the well coached, decent QB-playing teams.

I believe the best way to push this team forward in the bigger picture of things would be to miss the playoffs and get a spot in the draft where we could trade up and get a real franchise QB. Of course, see what the back ups can do accordingly.

Bring on the bashing.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

:smiliepalm:

You try telling JJ Watt & co ..... we're ****ing off the rest of the season for draft position.

:nolisten:

3. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I really want to see what Case will do. We basically have seen what TJ will do I think. But if you really want the best draft choice keep MS in, seriously.

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

you can't predict **** like this. Hell, the Texans could suddenly turn it around. I don't think it'll happen, but we've all seen stranger **** happen in the NFL.

And as to what anybody wants, it doesn't matter until we get a new HC. As long as Kubiak is HC it doesn't matter who we draft.

5. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

You always want to get into the playoffs. Once there anything can happen. The only downside to getting there is we definitely have the same head coach next year. Even with a pick in the 20s we can land a franchise QB. There are more top of the draft busts at QB than ones that turned out great.

6. deucetx

deucetx All Pro

Eh, I'll never root for a higher draft pick over winning so post season for me. I don't see us getting this turned around but you never know. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and we may just have to hope for that. Plus you don't need a high draft pick to have a successful draft unlike a league like the NBA. After all, how high was Hopkins? There are more than enough talented players to land a turning piece in the late round. As it is this year is being touted as a strong one for the quarterback position if that is what folks are thinking on.

So I'm hoping for a push to the playoffs and letting the chips fall where they may. Granted, the unfortunate part is that for the Broncos scoring 30 points is a bad a day and we're yet on another 6 quarter streak without an offensive touchdown.

On a positive side, Schaub has thrown a touchdown in four straight games...just not to us. So he is consistent....sorta.

7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

i want the higher draft pick...If we make it to the post season we'd just be spinning our wheels imo...we're not going anywhere. Even if it means we have to keep Kubiak and he gets to be apart of it, above all else, this team needs to address the qb position...seriously.

8. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I think GK is saying that by keeping MS the starter. I detected a lot of restraint when they were interviewing the defensive players.

You know the players aren't idiots. They can see MS better than we can. They know MS is not going to get them there. I really don't think they feel much different than many of us. What is there to lose by playing one of the backups.

FOUR pick sixes in a ROW!!!!!!!!!!! Along with the only game with no pick six, the first pass intercepted. C'mon man.

9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

That's an NFL record. Are you saying there is something wrong with our record setting NFL QB?

10. bOODRO87

bOODRO87 Time Consumer

I'm not asking what JJ wants. What do YOU want?

11. deucetx

deucetx All Pro

Well...if there is a record for consecutive games with an int Schaub now has 8 straight games with one going back to last year. Our quarterback definitely aims high!

....He just doesn't aim for our receivers.

12. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

A chance for a super bowl is always what you want out of a season. Until they are out of the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the team to make it there. Once out though, the higher the pick the better.

13. Rey

Rey Guest

Post season.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

If you have to ask the question ..... You are a loser with a losers mentality.

You don't play to lose.

15. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

No way I'd elect to push for a High Draft spot. I would rather see the team turn it around too, but as unlikely as that is, I'd still rather not give Gary Kubiak an inch in which he could point to a decision not to win as a reason it wasn't on him. I want it to be on him each and every week. Maybe.... JUST Maybe McNair will realize that when Kubiak say's "It's on me" that it actually may be on him!

Mr teX likes this.
  16. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Higher draft pick!? This has to be a joke. After waiting almost ten years for the first playoff appearance, I'll take that every time.

17. bOODRO87

bOODRO87 Time Consumer

I'd take a losing season if it gave us a chance to not be stuck in mediocrity for years. Luck is playing lights out and will for years to come. We are staring at a great QB draft class which we desperately need help with. You can tattoo the word Loser on me if it means we miss the playoffs but end up with a top, young QB with lots of potential here on out.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

There are other ways to get a higher draft pick. Rick Smith needs to figure that out.

deucetx likes this.
  19. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I'm not advocating they play to lose..i'm going to be happy if we make the playoffs....no matter who's under center...

but what's the difference between continuing on with Schaub's suckiness & losing & getting a higher draft pick......vs starting 1 or both young qb's where odds are both of them aren't going to be any better than the incumbent.....and us losing & getting a higher draft pick as a result?

At this point, the higher draft pick is more appealing to me than watching this team back into the playoffs only to get ass-raped by a better team. I'm fine with them taking a step back this year if it means that we can possibly take 2 steps or more forward next year and beyond.....& the high draft pick & the possiblity of Kubiak getting out of here represents that for me.

bOODRO87 likes this.
  20. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

The draft is a bigger crapshoot than the post-season.

And this is coming from a guy who loves the draft.

You play to win the game.