Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Possibly the worst mock yet...

And the odds of Erasmus James going before Merriman are what? Has to be up there with Indy calling us up and saying hey we will trade you Edgerrin James for a 7th round pick and he says he will play for the same salary as DD.

20. Dallas (from Buffalo) - TE Heath Miller, Virginia - DQI 18.967
The Cowboys are getting there, and can only get better with a true threat at tight end. Miller is the only first-round prospect at the position. Bledsoe would love a target like Miller and he would be a true threat to be the starter opening day.
Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Anyone by the name of JASON WITTEN ring a bell? As in PRO-BOWL TE Jason Witten? No......who's he?! :slap:

100% Football

this one's pretty scetchy too...

If San Fran goes Rb then Miami goes WR, I'll eat my hat... No, I'll eat all of my hats...

Maybe we should turn this into a "Worst Mocks" thread, unless there is already one that I have not seen...

edited to say that I saw one where Barron went @ 3 to CLE and another where Heath Miller goes @ 7 to Minn, both very questionable IMO, but I didn't list these as possible worst mocks, because the other picks were what I'd consider reasonable...

I've heard that TN is really high on Benson, so its not totally ridiculous on that end. I think they need a corner too badly to make that move though. They play way too much man defense to go to war with their current cast.

Vinny said:
I've heard that TN is really high on Benson, so its not totally ridiculous on that end. I think they need a corner too badly to make that move though. They play way too much man defense to go to war with their current cast.

I'm sure they are pretty high on him, but I think that they have WAAAAY too many needs to consider him. At a casual glance, I'd venture to say that RB is one of the (if not the) area(s) of least need for TN. Unless they are going purely BPA, then I can't see it. And even if they are going BPA, I don't think Benson will be BPA @ #6...
I will stop short of saying that it is totally ridiculous, however, especially when a simple ridiculous will suffice... :)

The Titans have many holes. With Chris Brown (1067 yards, 4.9 avg., 6 TDs), RB is not one of them. It'd be retarded to take Benson and ignore the other areas.

The comment about Dallas ("The Cowboys are getting there, and can only get better with a true threat at tight end.") was just beyond rediculous. As a TE, Witten finished 11th in the league in receptions. I'd really like to hear this guy's explanation to why Miller would be such an upgrade over that to be worthy of having the Cowboys use a first round pick on him.

Huge said:
The Titans have many holes. With Chris Brown (1067 yards, 4.9 avg., 6 TDs), RB is not one of them. It'd be retarded to take Benson and ignore the other areas.

I know that many people frown upon the use of the word retarded in this way and consider it politically incorrect, but occasionally it is appropriate and...

still makes me laugh like a 3rd grader...! :thumbup

michaelm said:
100% Football

this one's pretty scetchy too...

Khalif Barnes at 13? He is a second round talent whose stock has risen a little bit becuase of a decent combine...I'll leave the door slightly ajar for this pick to happen, becuase you never know with Charley, so I'll give that pick a 0.0000001% chance of happening...I never understood how people could say a mock was terrible until I saw these...

michaelm said:
I'm sure they are pretty high on him, but I think that they have WAAAAY too many needs to consider him. At a casual glance, I'd venture to say that RB is one of the (if not the) area(s) of least need for TN. Unless they are going purely BPA, then I can't see it. And even if they are going BPA, I don't think Benson will be BPA @ #6...
I will stop short of saying that it is totally ridiculous, however, especially when a simple ridiculous will suffice... :)
Actually they are quite worried about Browns chronic turf toe and his ability to stay on the field as a feature back. They saw how it pretty much ruined Eddie George's effectiveness and that is a factor in their interest in Benson. You don't have to believe me, but I'm pretty sure about it.

I haven't been here a long time Vinny, but long enough to take what you say at face value... turf toe is definately one of those injuries that is 'nagging' and a concern as such. It's these kinds of factors that make just about every draft go different than the way we message board experts expect... I personally wouldn't be opposed to the Benson idea, but there are others on my board that I'd rather have. Besides, Benson seems like he would be able to offer the Thumbtacks a similar style to what Eddie George offered...

I will say I think you are right about them not taking him though. I do agree with that, and agree that they have other more pressing problems. I just wanted to relay that they like him as a back and would probably consider him if they didn't have other issues. I look for them to take a back later in the draft however.

As an aside, for those of you who are in a similar situation as me (home under the weather with time to kill), here is the list of mocks that I was looking at when I came across the ones I mentioned earlier.

footballs future mock list

there were some other mocks that were notable for questionable picks...

and the site that i got the stats from in my earlier post about the '88 Bengals was:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ :thumbup

this is one of my favorite sites to just look through and remember past seasons and how they played out, especially from a fantasy perspective...

michaelm said:
sportsnutz.com... NUTZ is right!

You only need to read the justification for Tennesee taking C. Benson, and Dallas taking Heath Miller to get a good laugh!
Am I missing something or did Chris Brown and Jason Whitten fall off the face of the earth?

I think that site is just pimping their "proprietary, scientific formula". Notice that every player mentioned has a worse "DQI" than the player drafted ahead of him?

Interesting mock that one. I have a feeling Carlos Rogers does better than the #6 Cornerback off the board.

Sarg01 said:
Interesting mock that one. I have a feeling Carlos Rogers does better than the #6 Cornerback off the board.

I have seen a mock where
1. rodgers
2. brown
3. Johnson
4. Edwards
5. c.Williams
6. Pac-man
7. m. Williams
8. C. Rodgers
9. Rolle

I thought that was about 7 picks too early for Carlos Rodgers if you ask me

Back