Possible Running backs to look at

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Goldeagle, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Hypothetical (of course)

Justin Fargas (Oak): 4th round pick: He has speed to break a long one Or Lundy

Chris Brown (Ten): 5-6th round pick, He has had flashes

Verand Morency (GB): :) Fat Can Gado: nothing to be said

Mewelde Moore (Min): 5 round, or back up:: Has great speed and shown to make the big play

Ryan Moats (Phil): late round, or back up: In our offense he could explode

Mike Bell (Den): 3rd round: Hey, Kubiak knows him

Najeh Davenport (Pit): 4th round: Hes big, but has more speed than Dayne and Gado

Just looking for maybe a quick fix or with guys like Moats and Fargas you could have a player for longer.

2. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

I heard on the telecast today that Chris Brown may be available since they have Henry. He might be a good fit. He is faster than what we have now and has experience.

3. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I agree, but will there be a trade IN Div? THey also have Lindell White who has looked decent but was sidelined with the stomach flu this week.

4. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

I am sure if it's the right package, it can be worked out. The Titan's are where we are right now. I am sure they will welcome draft picks. With that, are we willing to give up draft picks?

5. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

How about we try out Lee Suggs or one of our own rookies. I'm strongly against giving up draft picks for short term solutions that may or may not work out. We traded for Gado and where's that got us. We should try to use FA and our own guys and see what develops.

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think we're probably looking at the rest of the season with the guys we have on our team right now. I'd be shocked if the coaches went out and tried to bring in someone else.

We're going to suck for a while. Our line sucks and our backs aren't good enough to compensate for that. Honestly very few teams are lucky enough to have RB's capable of creating something out of nothing so it's not that odd. Hopefully by mid-season they've figured out how to run block in some kind of rudimentary fashion and we can get some semblence of balance going.

7. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

Quoted for Truth

8. BigSaint8050

BigSaint8050 Rookie

Not being critical but how can Kubiak know Bell as he is a rookie? Also why would Denver trade their #2 RB (who opened the season #1), or Oakland trade Fargas (their #2 who is averaging 9 YPC), or Pittsburgh trade Davenport (who they just picked up to backup and spell Parker)? The only player I can see being available is Chris Brown, especially with the last couple of weeks that Henry has had and the addition of White. Although he has a history of injuries and he runs very upright (which makes him very vunerable for a man that stands 6'3).

And unless your defense improves no amount of run game is going to help you.

9. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

What is the players name on the Practice squad? Taylor or something? And yeah, Suggs was let go, an easy pick up

10. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Just throwing out some names BIGSaint

11. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I would be most interested in picking up the CB from the Bills. Running back aren't going to do much until the line starts working better and we have Lundy and Taylor to work with for more speed.

12. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

WHo is the CB?

13. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

Nate Clements

14. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I'd really like Chris Brown here. He seems cheap and is definitely on the way out of Tennessee. I have no idea why they opted for Lendale White given that Henry and Brown are both starting calibure RBs.

15. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Chris Brown is a very talanted RB who is out of favour with the Tacks so we could get him on the cheap. It would be nice to know exactly what our problem is in regards to the running game (running backs or O-line). I say go for it if we can get him for a 5th or so

16. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

what are the chances that the titans release brown, and we wouldnt have to trade for him

17. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

The defense only gave up 10 before we turned it over three times in a row inside our 40, thats what pretty much screwed us. Our running game is far more responsible for the 34 points the D, funny as that sounds. I think Brown is worth a shot

In regards to him being released, it would be more helpful to get him now so we know exactly what we need to fix in regards to the running game during the offseason

18. Sco-tai

Sco-tai Veteran

Trade deadline is 24 hours away, I believe.

I don't see us doing anything.

Why bother? Without any run-blocking it really doesn't matter who is back there. Our scheme relies on the inital hole...hitting that hole...and making the gain. Since we don't get the initial hole, we get....well....what we got today. Which is C R A P

Kudos for our improved pass-protection...but until our O-Line improves and starts opening holes...it doesn't matter WHO we have back there.

19. supertankman

supertankman Rookie

Strange because if we had a healthy Davis; he prob find the holes, guess he really shows us how valuable it is to have a player like him

20. Scooter

Scooter Funky

if we make one trade at RB it needs to be samkon gado for vernand morency. outside of that, the only acquisitions to our running game need to be on the offensive line. unless barry sanders or earl campbell declare for the draft, we dont need runningbacks because they wont accomplish much with the lack of talent and cohesiveness on the line. i dont care if we throw a contract at orlando pace that makes even peyton manning jealous, we need to quickly and finally make the aggressive stride to fix the most important part of any football team ... which, as luck would have it, is our biggest weakness.