Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Possible Center??? Jeff Faine

YoungTexanFan said:
can anyone pull up a scouting report for when he was first entering the league. Maybe his combine numbers and wunderlic scores. Something indicating good or bad interviews?

Is this too much to ask or not?

Jeff Faine
Position: Center
College: Notre Dame
Height: 6-2
Weight: 303
Hometown: Sanford, Fla.

Career Notes | Agility | High School | Personal | Stats

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has an even proportioned frame with adequate upper- and lower-body muscle definition … Frame has room to add more bulk and muscle with no dropoff in quickness … Has adequate quickness off the snap to gain advantage and above-average lateral agility to make the reach block … Engages with force and uses his leg strength and balance to gain movement … Shows good hand placement and agility to drive and sustain contact … Will position and wall off with quickness and consistently sticks and finishes … Has good body control on the move and can reach the second level with ease … Sets quickly with good awareness and engages with leverage in pass protection … Uses his hands well to control and sustain … Shows the agility to slide and adjust on the move.
Negatives: While he shows good hand usage, he is not really that forceful upon contact … Little bit of a waist bender … Needs to improve his upper-body strength and extend his arms better to prevent the swim moves … Can be pushed back into the quarterback as he does not always keep his feet flat … Has good lateral agility, but that quickness is not always evident when attempting to adjust to linebackers when working in space … Does not have the ideal power needed to turn up, seal and find the defender at the edge after his initial block.

CAREER NOTES
Three-year starter who has led the team's down linemen in minutes played during the last two seasons … A solid drive blocker with good quickness off the snap, he shows superb hand usage when attempting to sustain blocks in pass protection.
2002 SEASON
All-America first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report, ESPN.com and The Sporting News … Consensus all-independent first-team pick … Finalist for the Rimington Award (nation's top center) and semi-finalist for the Lombardi Award (nation's top lineman) … Recipient of the team's Nick Pietrosante Award (player who best exemplifies courage, loyalty, teamwork, dedication and pride) … Started every game, registering 102 key blocks/knockdowns while grading 84 percent for blocking consistency … Did not allow a sack as the Irish averaged 315.8 yards per game.
Michigan - Posted 11 knockdowns, including one that leveled linebacker Victor Hobson on QB Carlyle Holiday's 3-yard touchdown run.
Florida State - Upended linebacker Michael Boulware on tailback Ryan Grant's 2-yard scoring run as Notre Dame totaled 301 yards.
Michigan State - Was in on 12 knockdowns … Cut blocked strong safety Thomas Wright to kill the blitz on Holiday's 15-yard touchdown pass to Maurice Stovall as the team gained 325 yards.
Pittsburgh - Teamed with guard Sean Mahan to upend linebacker Gerald Hayes on a 1-yard go-ahead touchdown run by Grant.
Air Force - Opened a rush lane used by Holiday for a game-winning 1-yard scoring run as the team piled up 335 yards on the ground.
2001 SEASON
Football News All-America honorable mention … College Football News All-Independent first-team pick … Led the team with 314:17 minutes of action … Started every game, making 88 key blocks/knockdowns as the offense generated 3,187 yards.
2000 SEASON
Started every game, leading the team with 290:25 minutes of action … Posted 65 knock- downs to help the offense generate 3,803 yards, an average of 345.7 yards per game.
1999 SEASON
Redshirted as a freshman.
INJURY REPORT
Played the entire 2001 West Virginia game with a foot sprain.
CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS
5.27 in the 40-yard dash … 365-pound bench press … 550-pound squat … 286-pound power clean … 28½-inch vertical jump … 32 3/8-inch arm length … 9½-inch hands.
COMBINE AGILITY TESTS
ARM HAND TEST 40 20 10 225 VJ BJ SHUTTLE CONE
32 9 5/8 23 :spy:

from what ive read the main reason he was replaced is that he is a bit injury prone and a bit light- id still take a shot at him, even with a 4th

He has an injury problem, and was placed on IR before. He also was a contract hold out and he's only been in the league for 3 years. He wasn't worth where he was drafted, however, I would still pursue a trade for him.

Browns | Team not actively shopping Faine
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:54:23 -0800

Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports the Cleveland Browns are not actively shopping C Jeff Faine. The Browns have fielded calls about Faine, but will not make a decision on his future for another week or two. If the team's past is any indication, the Browns will talk to Faine's agent first.

I don't think we would trade for him anyway

I agree with Flanagan. Why should we even be messing with this guy if we have a shot a Flanagan. With Hodgen as a back up, that should solidify our center position. I think that should solidify our offensive line provided we draft Johnathon Scott or somebody of that caliber with our 2nd round draft pick.

Wild.Bill said:
I agree with Flanagan. Why should we even be messing with this guy if we have a shot a Flanagan. With Hodgen as a back up, that should solidify our center position. I think that should solidify our offensive line provided we draft Johnathon Scott or somebody of that caliber with our 2nd round draft pick.
Justin Blaylock? Or Will Allen a bit later?

So, when are we going to announce his 2 year, 15 billion dollar contract?

Wild.Bill said:

True, and coupled with Putzier, that would put the Offense only short a true #2 which Bush would sort of fill. IF, IF, IF that all comes true AND actually works, that's more than I expected could be accomplished in one off season.

edo783 said:
True, and coupled with Putzier, that would put the Offense only short a true #2 which Bush would sort of fill. IF, IF, IF that all comes true AND actually works, that's more than I expected could be accomplished in one off season.
What's with the Putzier love in this MB? The Broncos signed him to a contract last year because they believed what you believe: he is or will be a good TE. They ended up cutting him, I Bee-lieve.

So is Faine being shopped or not? We have a 7th round pick on its way to Cleveland already.

So, I just read on PFT.com that Jeff Faine has been given permission to seek a trade. Also, LeCharles RollsRoyce wants to wear double Bradford---I mean double zero as a tribute to Jim Otto.

mexican_texan said:
So, I just read on PFT.com that Jeff Faine has been given permission to seek a trade. Also, LeCharles RollsRoyce wants to wear double Bradford---I mean double zero as a tribute to Jim Otto.
That would be pretty cool. Kenny Burrough was the last (only?) Oiler with the number.

BurroughOil.jpg

Back