possible additions

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by done88, Oct 10, 2006.

1. done88

done88 Veteran

The Broncos have dropped their punter and the Dolphins have dropped Suggs. Stanly has been average at best and sometimes not good. Suggs can't be any worse then Lundy.

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I'd like to have Mr. Suggs here....couldnt be any worse than the RB situation is now.

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Is Suggs injured? I was pretty high on him coming out, but I know he has had health issues in his brief career. If healthy, I think he may be better than anyone on our roster (sadly) but he may still have issues with character and injury.

4. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

who is the punter? a rookie? I do think we could use a pro-bowl punter with the inconsistency of our offense, it can make up for alot when you punt the ball 5 or 6 times a game or more. if not a pro-bowler at least one that is consistently belting it 50 yards or so. stanely is pretty good nailing it inside the 20 but not as consistent with the distance punts.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Be careful, i got a negative rep for suggesting upgrades at punter.

6. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Most people don't know this, but when a Bronco player is released, the process is that first Shanahan gives them a little pink slip, which they take to HR. At HR, Kubiak gives them a "Welcome to the Texans" folder.

To put it another way: If you're not good enough to play in Denver, you're always good enough to play in Houston!

7. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Especially Barry Bonds---I mean Todd Sauerbrun.

8. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

CHAD STANLEY!

9. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6451Lee Suggs

10. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

11. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

sometimes its coaching and playcalling and practice, not personnel

12. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

It is not wise to angry up the Chad.

13. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

Anyone have any info on why we did not look at picking up Ahmad Carroll? I saw that Jacksonville just signed him.

Also, does anyone think we might have interest in Jonathon Sullivan. I see that the Patriots just released him.

14. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

CB Derrick Strait has been released by the Jets.

Link.

15. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Lional Dalton DT Cheifs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2621335

A proven run stopper, sorry TJ, but you need better competition as Kubiak would say. With Alfred Malone being released, I would like to see someone like this Anthony Maddox kid released.

Veteran play is what is needed to help out TJ and the youngin's on the DL. I like the idea of run stopping DT to make an impact right away.

16. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Strait is more of a cover 2 zone guy, but he was another highly sought draftee. I would claim him, unless there is baggage I am unaware of. I know Carroll had some issues, but hey beggars can't be choosers. We need help back there, and right now, any warm body with some decent physical tools will do at this point. I don't understand why we continue to use these same guys that aren't that talented, but what do I know.

17. DayneBum

DayneBum Rookie

are u guys serious? no matter what rb we bring here, they will look just like what we got now.....NO RB CAN RUN WHEN THE OLINE IS NOT GETTING NO PUSH, OR OPENING UP HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID U SEE LT LAST WEEK VS THE STEELERS, MAYBE THE CHARGERS SHOULD CUT HIM. When are yaw gonna get it throught ur heads, its not the rb's its the OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!:wild:

18. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

What kind of team do you guys want to have? If every player who is released by another team comes here guess what, we have a team who is comprised of everyones rejects, bottom of the pit talent, and that doesn't make us better.

Lawrence Phillips may or may not get jail time, if he doesn't maybe he can take a stab at running back. Better yet Spencer Tillman is only doing college football this year, maybe he can start against the Cowboys. Boobie Miles just may be ready for a comeback, you think we can sign him. Eric Crouch just may be open to playing safety now, how about Matt Stephens I heard he isn't doing anything.

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Nobody is saying (or at least I am not) that we have to keep these guys forever. Maybe they are only fodder for this year, or maybe they work long term, who knows. But, they were highly regarded coming out of college for a reason. It's not like these are PS players we are talking about. We are talking about former 1st rd CB's, who have struggled for whatever reason. You don't think players ever go elsewhere and improve? If not, Steve Foley wants to talk to you after he sobers up.

20. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

I understand what you're saying porky but these guys are washed up now, Strait and Carroll would make Buchanon blush when it comes to coverage. I want to figure out what we have on our team and I as a fan prefer quality over quantity and name value.