Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Posluszny deserves a 1st rd.look from us in '07

W

whiskeyrbl

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - All-American linebacker Paul Posluszny likes to dish out hits - the wide-eyed, steam-coming-out-of-the-nostrils kind of hard hits that can send a running back crumpling to the turf.

For now, that will have to wait until the fall. While recovering from a knee injury, Posluszny is limited to little more than bumping chests with Penn State teammates during spring practice.

www.timesleader.com 4/17/2006
www.voteforheisman.com
www.gopsusports.com

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
whiskeyrbl said:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - All-American linebacker Paul Posluszny likes to dish out hits - the wide-eyed, steam-coming-out-of-the-nostrils kind of hard hits that can send a running back crumpling to the turf.

For now, that will have to wait until the fall. While recovering from a knee injury, Posluszny is limited to little more than bumping chests with Penn State teammates during spring practice.

www.timesleader.com 4/17/2006
www.voteforheisman.com
www.gopsusports.com
My concern with Posluszny is going to be that knee.

If/when they play Ohio State and Paul plays like he did last year, I think he starts to skyrocket up the boards.

BuffSoldier

Veteran
I would love Polslunsky or however you say it. He is one of those throwback kinda players that has the blood on the forehead and snot bubbles when hes blitzing. He plays like hes possesed and hits harder than a tun of bricks.

Blake

MMQB
Paul Posluszny worries me. With the knee and his size. I think he looks smallish. Ht: 6-2 Wt: 229

TO ME, he looks small. He reminds me of Rudy. Plays at 100mph, but is just small. Thats my take.

He has ideal size, and I wanted him in the the first round of this draft after a trade down. He got hurt, didnt enter. He has the same injury as Winston. Winston's was early in the season, Paul's was the last game. He will be lucky to play at all and most likely will not be a first rounder anymore.

I'm going to dub this the Winston Syndrone.

Paul has the Winston Syndrone, and we look for him to slide down because of the questions about his knee next year.

Texanator14

Practice Squad
let me start off with saying that i'm a huge penn state fan and watched every game over the years. This guy was hands down the best player on the team as a sophmore, he's tough and never takes a play off. if some of you are concerned about the injury, you shouldn't be it didn't require surgery and he's at 85% now. I would love to see him in a texan uniform but i think the Demeco pick just eliminated any chance of that.

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
Texanator14 said:
let me start off with saying that i'm a huge penn state fan and watched every game over the years. This guy was hands down the best player on the team as a sophmore, he's tough and never takes a play off. if some of you are concerned about the injury, you shouldn't be it didn't require surgery and he's at 85% now. I would love to see him in a texan uniform but i think the Demeco pick just eliminated any chance of that.
Would you rate him higher than AJ Hawk??

Posluszny I think will be a SS in the NFL @ 6-2, 229....unless he's not fast enough, and could be in a Cover 2 Defense...it'll depend on his cover skills....

I'm gonna have to get ESPN Gameplan next year...lol.

TexanFan881

All Pro
Imagine if we draft him next year we can have him and Babin on the outsides and DeMeco in the middle. Boy would that be a young, talented LB group.

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
TexanFan881 said:
Imagine if we draft him next year we can have him and Babin on the outsides and DeMeco in the middle. Boy would that be a young, talented LB group.
Im not sold on Babin being an impact at LB. Not on a 4-3 defense. I say we pick up Ahmad Brooks in the supp. draft.

Our front seven would be:

Ryans ROLB
Brooks MLB
Greenwood LOLB

Williams RE
Johnson DT
Smith DT
Weaver LE

Peek, Babin, and Payne would rotate on our d-line.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
posluzny is definitely 6'1. that being said, who cares? hawk is 6'1. but he's 245. posluzny can put on 10 pounds and he'll be fine. i don't think he's better than hawk (nor the best LB in this class) , but he's damn good

Texanator14

Practice Squad
Trap_Star said:
Would you rate him higher than AJ Hawk??
Ilove him to death but no i'd give hawk the edge just cause he's a little better. However i think poslusney plays better in clutch situations.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
the Texans drafted DeMeco Ryans a very similar player to posluzny, no need next year to spend our 1st pick on him :twocents:

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
beerlover said:
the Texans drafted DeMeco Ryans a very similar player to posluzny, no need next year to spend our 1st pick on him :twocents:
Agreed, I don't know how many times I gotta post it, you don't double dip positions in back to back drafts unless you have some kinda of catastrophy. Like people getting killed in a car wreck or something. That's the quickest way to mediocrity and five hundred for years and years. Personally, I've had enough of
mediocrity. :shots: