Posey getting Healthy!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HJam72, Aug 14, 2013.

1. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

2. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

That's the report coming in. I've heard it through several sources although I think it was a bunch of different people reporting based on the same thing.

I personally expected him to be PUPed until 6 weeks in. If he comes back and he can pick up where he left off, that changes that WR group up.

3. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Tweets re: Posey from training camp today... pretty cool.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
    James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
    Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
    Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro

4. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

If this happens its a battle between Bonner and Jean for that last spot. That's assuming we only take 5.

5. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Great news and Posey deserves big-time congrats for making a phenomenally rapid and apparently successful recovery !
    Whatever reservations some of us may have had about Posey in the "character" department should now be forgotten considering the effort and determination and sacrifices this young man has made to accomplish this comeback.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  6. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

HGH is a helluva drug

7. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Championship!

8. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

What? That's terrible news!

Signed,

Lestar Jean, Alec Lemon, and Alan Bonner

On a serious note, where he says this is a life changing event - I take that to mean in a positive sense. Wouldn't it be something to take something like this and use it as the fuel to make yourself reach your maximum ability? I think they need to take it slow, and just slowly work him back in over the first month. I'd hate to force things and end up re-injured or having a setback.

Fred likes this.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I was on the Posey bandwagon from day one .... Had him in my mock , right where the Texans took him.

Saw some pre draft drills with he and some other receivers & he by far had the best hands of the group ....

Really glad to see he's getting healthy ... Can only see them keeping 5 WR's this season , Jean & Bonner will be in a fight for that last spot.

10. htownfan32

htownfan32 Hall of Fame

I feel good about a Andre/DeAndre/DeVier trio of WRs :)

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

If Bonner doesn't get healthy in a hurry, he has almost no chance. Maybe PS yes, but he needs a bare min of 2 games under his belt or there is no way Kubes will keep him on the active roster.

Don't completely rule out Lemon either if Bonner is an injury scratch.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Yeah , I like Lemon .... he just seems to find a way to get open and doesn't use his helmet to catch the ball. :corrosion:

13. ThaJokaa

ThaJokaa True Texans Fan

If he's fully healthy let him play coach!!
    Rather have him in the slot than Martin

14. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

What was interesting about this was nobody was expecting to hear this today. Somebody threw out a Posey question, and we thought we'd get the standard on track sort of comment, and then he talks about Posey coming back after the game if he keeps progressing.

15. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

I like the way Lemon catches the ball also but it worked for this guy.
    [​IMG]

I am glad to hear the news on Posey!

16. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I really don't want to say yet what I think on this topic. Just that I've read everything that CnD has posted about Achilles tears since DeMeco's injury, and this timeframe really doesn't jive.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I was referring to Lestar Jean getting hit in the facemask by a pass from Case Keenum against the Vikes ... He didn't bother to use his hands.

18. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope Kubiak isn't pushing Posey to get back sooner than he should, I'd much rather we PUP Posey and then bring him back mid-season.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  19. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I kind of feel the same way, but if the team doctors feel like he's good to go then I'm on board with it. Kubiak is known to be shaky about the extent of injuries, but other than a few examples like Arian a couple of years ago I haven't known them to rush guys back before they were really healthy. Honestly I think the Arian situation was more of him just insisting on coming back sooner than he needed to and he ended up re-injuring himself in the 49er Preseason game. I think Kubiak has learned his lesson since then.

20. MidtownMikey

MidtownMikey Rookie

While I'm not trying to suggest Posey will eventually become a 90+ catches/1.4K yards/10 tds WR, his recovery timeframe isn't any difference than what Demaryius Thomas had back in 2011.

Thomas was injured sometime early in Feb. working out, was expected to miss the whole season with the Achilles tear, but was actually removed from the PUP list prior to the first game. He ended up breaking his pinkie during that first practice and missed the next 5 games so it is hard to tell how ready he truly was, but at the same time Posey's injury was earlier than Thomas's, so he's had slightly longer to recover.

Definitely is bad news for LeStar, Bonner, and Lemon though. In my mind pretty much cements that only one of those 3 will find a spot on the roster, so unless Lemon goes to PS and Bonner is IR-stashed, I think after the preseason is over LeStar will no longer be a Texan.