Poor Little David is Finally Having Fun

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by the wonger need food, May 6, 2007.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

2. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

A backup making these kinds of comments abot a team even if it is his old team is not a good thing. I am sure Delhommewill be thrilled when Mario, Amobi-Wan and Weaver on in his grill all game long.

Delhomme Gets to the sidelines after being sacked....

Jake: Carr, thanks for nothing man.
    Carr: For what, I am not out there playing.
    Jake: You should not bad mouth a team.
    Carr: But they sucked last year.
    Jake: Yeah you were on the team.

:texflag: :d:

3. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

The Texan fans have been bad-mouthing him for 5 years! He will forget about you in time! You're saying that there wasn't a lack of talent on the Texans over that time period and he is saying something unreasonable?

4. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

our lack of talent was at the QB position...he needs to shut the hell up, its not like he was peyton manning or anything.

5. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

What we're saying is :potkettle: .

6. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

you know, that article kind of puts exactly the right feel on david carr. He isn't hungry. He is content to be a BACKUP. How can you not be striving to be a starter...how can you suggest that you need a break from your job? You got no desire...no fire...nothing internally driving you to be great...which is why you weren't. Good riddance. Anybody thinking he is gonna press Delhomme for a job is delusional

7. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

They shove a mic in his face and what would you have him say, It's just like Houston here! You guys gotta get over it! He was a part of your massive problem but not all of it! I suspect the proof of that will be your record this year.

8. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The Texans fans have not been bad-mouthing him for five years. Texans fans were generally supportive of Carr until the 2005 season blew up in their faces. Some Texans fans were displeased with him before that time and some of them were vocal about it. Out of that group you had people who expected him to put the team on his shoulders in 2002 and take us to the playoffs and people who pointed out things about his game that gave them cause for concern. The first group hadn't a clue and the second have been pretty much proved correct.

This season, with someone other than David Carr taking the snaps we'll see if what proves to be essentially the same offense stalls like it did a year ago or starts to move forward. My money's on visible improvement and an increase in W's.

I think that "good" feeling that David is getting from being in Carolina is just the relief from knowing that he's not going to have the kind of pressure a starter gets on his shoulders. He should get used to the feeling because he's going get all of that good stuff he wants.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

heck even sharper had comments about the Texans and always losing
    not getting on TV etc. etc... If i am not mistaken Glenn/Coleman (one of them made a comment about Texans and their losing ways.

I don't worry about it now, we are going through a new direction and I am excited

10. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

As you should be! Those that dwell too much on the past are doomed to repeat it and I'm sure none of you want that!

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

David is a nice guy. I'm just glad he's having fun. :dancing:

12. Il_Bruno

Il_Bruno Veteran

he wasnt hungry because he had a boatload of Bob McNair's money in his account.

Some people have that natural fire, while some others are in it for their next paycheck. He was the type of guy that looked like he lacked the "natural" fire and he's already financially set for life. what do you expect?

and harry, its pretty much agreed that he was a problem but not the only one. Some people like to pin it all on him and thats not fair at all IMO. He's in the past now, so good bye and good luck carr. Why cant we just leave it at that?

HARRYJ likes this.
  13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The guy does not understand the business of professional football at all or he is just going for a free ride. His contract was a huge part of our problem. He did not want to renegotiate because he could care less about winning and more about getting paid.

I hope he gets in during Carrbage time and we ring his bell just like he rang ours for the last five years.

powerfuldragon likes this.
  14. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

So much for leaving it at that!:user:

15. Il_Bruno

Il_Bruno Veteran

eh, i tried. You gotta give him one thing and that its he's tough. I doubt one of our guys hitting him would do it in for him, considering he's been pretty good friends with mr freeney during his time here.

16. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm still rooting for the guy.

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

We don't have to get over anything...we are football fans. I'm still not over the Oilers blowing the Mo Towns pick in the 1970's and I'm not over losing to Buffalo in the playoffs. Don't you have your own issues to get over?

[​IMG]

TEXANRED likes this.
  18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

gutted.

19. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I don't really disagree with some of the statements. The lack of talent was pretty obvious to most people. I'm not saying he wasn't a part of it. But throwing a rookie QB into an expansion team is never a good idea in my book.

I don't think it's quite fair(or smart) to give someone a box of slightly melted crayons and expect them to paint a Rembrandt masterpiece.

To be honest he's been given a new slate and an oppurtunity to be on what should be a playoff team next year. Regaurdless of whether you are starting or not that has to bea nice feeling to know you're on a contending team. I think he's also gotta be excited about his future with that team and what the backup role there could turn into for him. I'll quietly cheer for him until he plays the Texans then all bets are off.

Stoked about this season and its prospects.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Panther o line isn't any better than the Texans line....Steve Smith isn't so much better than Andre that it's a joke and the Panthers have no TE and a rookie WR2. Carr isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer making these comments about a team he plays in week 2. In case anyone missed it...we cut Carr....'cause nobody would trade for him. He was a big part of the problem last year. I hope we trash the Panthers and their new "glad to be a back up" QB Carr and make his new team eat his words.