Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Poll: Texans up to challenge?

Will Texans rank higher than Colts in division next season?

• Yes. The Colts are barnyard dirt.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Anybody's guess. It will be close.

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Regrettably no.

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
I doubt if any team in the division can keep pace with the Sleazebuzzards from Indy for the next several years. My vote has to be no.

My God, why is everyone kissing Indy's ass lately?

I have family in Indy - that isn't an ass you want to get that close too - and since I have family in Indy F*** Ty Hilton, the amount of grief I get because of that guy (and historically put Luck and Manning on the list as well) can we just beat the hell out of Indy for the next several years please. Thanks for listening - message boards are cheaper than a therapist.

Probably because Luck looks like he’s going to be good again, they have one of if not the best olines in the league, their front office seems competent for the first time in ages, we have NEVER been able to stop ty hilton and when we played them at home in a playoff game they handled us pretty easily.

Then from the Texans standpoint there’s a lack of faith in OB and a bunch of ifs. If the OL gets better, If the injury riddled wrs stay healthy, if we find a good corner or two....

Of course none of it means anything right now. Anything can happen and tons of time left but when the last thing you see is a team getting man handled at home in a playoff game to a division rival it kinda makes you think that other team that beat you is better.

I have no idea what the Texans will be like this year, but since OB is still the head coach, I don't see where they'll get any further than they historically have. Maybe they'll win the division again, or not, and make the playoffs and bow out quickly like they normally do.

I don't trust OB to develop a team that wins the SB. I just don't.

I have no idea what the Texans will be like this year, but since OB is still the head coach, I don't see where they'll get any further than they historically have. Maybe they'll win the division again, or not, and make the playoffs and bow out quickly like they normally do.

I don't trust OB to develop a team that wins the SB. I just don't.
What do they say?
Practice makes perfect?

My guess is their HC is already better than ours and the Colts understand the basic Football 101 concept of trench warfare. Five seasons of O'Brien and he still can field a decent o-line and his offensive scheme is cloudy, at best. They are going to Carr our QB if they don't pull their collective heads out of their asses.

I'm not kissing Indy ass, but as an NFL fan, I am pragmatic and do not favor the Texans just because they have Houston in the name. Indy wiped their butt with the Texans in the last two games. It was ugly, and I have no reason to believe that they won't do it again until I see something worth hoping for being done by the Texans front office. JMO. Depressing to me.

My guess is their HC is already better than ours and the Colts understand the basic Football 101 concept of trench warfare. Five seasons of O'Brien and he still can field a decent o-line and his offensive scheme is cloudy, at best. They are going to Carr our QB if they don't pull their collective heads out of their asses.

I'm not kissing Indy ass, but as an NFL fan, I am pragmatic and do not favor the Texans just because they have Houston in the name. Indy wiped their butt with the Texans in the last two games. It was ugly, and I have no reason to believe that they won't do it again until I see something worth hoping for being done by the Texans front office. JMO. Depressing to me.
Doesn't the GM select the draftees? He also at least tried to improve the oline in FA.
He did a pretty decent job of the last draft so there is valid reason for optimism.

Doesn't the GM select the draftees? He also at least tried to improve the oline in FA.
He did a pretty decent job of the last draft so there is valid reason for optimism.
Well if their GM hits on two all pros again and spends the cash they have available then texans in trouble. They have a 1st and 2 twos as well dont they. At least we can look at them and see what a competent GM can do quickly. I'm not all in with Gaine but I'm watching. Colts have fewer holes than texans heading into next season. Any texans fan should see them as a long term problem. Jags management really blew it last year. Tennessee seemed to over achieve. Just a rant with a beer in my hand.

Well if their GM hits on two all pros again and spends the cash they have available then texans in trouble. They have a 1st and 2 twos as well dont they. At least we can look at them and see what a competent GM can do quickly. I'm not all in with Gaine but I'm watching. Colts have fewer holes than texans heading into next season. Any texans fan should see them as a long term problem. Jags management really blew it last year. Tennessee seemed to over achieve. Just a rant with a beer in my hand.
They have 22 free agents plus the three they resigned last I saw so they have holes to deal with in their own camp. You can also call it flexibility, but they could have key attrition. In the end, I agree that Texans need a good offseason to have a chance to repeat as AFC South champ and do anything in the playoffs, but to think the Colts have it all under control already is not true. Always a lot of churn in the off season and they have more than usual. The key OL and QB pieces are in good shape though so they have that

They have 22 free agents plus the three they resigned last I saw so they have holes to deal with in their own camp. You can also call it flexibility, but they could have key attrition. In the end, I agree that Texans need a good offseason to have a chance to repeat as AFC South champ and do anything in the playoffs, but to think the Colts have it all under control already is not true. Always a lot of churn in the off season and they have more than usual. The key OL and QB pieces are in good shape though so they have that

They have the young base for a pretty good defense also. Sure gave Watson fits in the playoffs

Riech vs OB, in comparison OB couldnt find his butt if you spotted him one hand.

Of course in OBs defense the chin does add to the confusion.

I'm not afraid of the Colts team... I'm affraid of OB.

Probably because Luck looks like he’s going to be good again, they have one of if not the best olines in the league, their front office seems competent for the first time in ages, we have NEVER been able to stop ty hilton and when we played them at home in a playoff game they handled us pretty easily.

Not to mention they've figured out how to run the ball & play good defense.

Good QB, good protection, good run game, good defense... pucker up buddy.

No need. He's got an OC to run the offense. A guru running the defense & someone who knows what BO'b is looking for picking talent. & it appears the handicaps have been removed.

Things are changing on Kirby.
He has an OC who will not be allowed to call any plays just yet. He’s basically an assistant to the OC/HC (OC in training) and will eventually call plays once O’Brien “feels comfortable.”

I'll have to see how all the teams round out at the end of the draft but it looks like given the news that Foles is likely headed to Jacksonville, this AFC South division should be pretty competitive. I hope the Texans FO and coaching staff will be on the same page and it's a really good book they're reading.

Back