Poll: Do you like the Texans draft pick of Okoye?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by alphajoker, Apr 28, 2007.

?

Do you like the Texans draft pick of Okoye?

1. Yes

114 vote(s)
    94.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I like the pick. I believe he will make an immediate impact on the DL.

2. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

okooooyeeeeeeeeee!:texflag:

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Where's the poll?

I'm OK with it. You can't help but root for a guy like him. I wanted Nelson, Revis, Hall (DBs), but this is OK with me. The pressure is coming. :d:

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i pray hes not gonna be a bust like you know who... but atleast this guys works in pract. unlike you know who... lol

5. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

GREAT PICK! A low center gravity DT who has a very quick burst & is powerful, when the ball is snap! SWEET! Now, I hope he doesn't go off speeding around with Mario around Houston......oh nevemind, Houstonians do this often, esp . on the freeways.:mail: :doot:

6. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i do and dont. it's not a bad pick, but i wont call it a great one. a trade down would've been the only deal i really would've cheered as there werent any top 10 prospects available at the 10 spot and from all reports several teams were attempting to trade with houston. we've drafted defensive line in FOUR consecutive years now (babin, travis johnson, mario williams, amobi okoye) and spent big money last year also on anthony weaver. before the draft and definitely now, we have to make the most of what we have on that line ... kubiak has to claim these guys and build them, if they fail it's because coaching failed.

that being said, okoye has winner written all over him. what hasnt this kid excelled above and beyond at? that kind of brains and athleticism is extremely rare and is definitely something kubiak covets more than anything else. there's little doubt that okoye will make an immediate impact. one thing i worry about was mentioned on the NFL network - what's this kid going to look like when his body matures? 20-50lbs happens to almost every football player at okoye's age and is why many college players change positions between highschool and the end of college. not the best possible scenario, but far from being a bad pick.

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Great pick. He is so young and will be a great player. I would have rather had Landry, but am not upset with this pick. Great job Texans organization.

8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't know who.

9. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Hmmm...well I wish you had an option for "LOVE IT"

Okoye was one of my favorite picks, if not him willis or revis. Glad to see Willis go to SF and not Buf and glad to see Revis get taken as the 1st CB like i thought he was!

okoye and mario will dominate. i don't expect him to come in day 1 and dominate, but he will grow into it. him and mario ...wow this is going to be great.

does anyone know if Travis johnson is going to turn the corner or do you think we can trade him!!!!????

10. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Don't forget that as he continues to gain weight, he's also going to be growing taller. He's 6'-2" and weighs around 290-300lbs. right now. He'll continue to grow into his body. Who know's, four years from now, he could be close to 6'-4" with an extra 20lbs. of muscle at 310-315! I believe that's why the Texans chose him as BPA. They could have traded back but they got what they were looking for.

11. GuerillaBlack

That would be amazing. He would be a beast!

12. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

I LOVE this pick! I would've traded down for anyone but Peterson or Okoye. I'm still pissed that Minnesota took Peterson. What worse place could he have gone (except for maybe Cleveland) that would've destroyed his career? He's going to tank there - that team sucks.

GO OKOYE!

13. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Oh come on!

14. Scooter

Scooter Funky

very possible, but anything over an inch after 19 is probably a stretch. my only fear is that he ends up 6'3" and 355lbs (he's over 300 already). as you said ... who knows, we have some of the best facilities and training staff, he could grow a full 2" and hover at 305-315lbs his whole career here.

15. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

There's been a few guys that have been called busts around here.

If he's talking about Travis Johnson, I'd be inclined to agree. If he's talking about Mario Williams, then I wouldn't.

16. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I think it is an excellent pick. He is smart, works hard, and seems to excel in whatever he sets his mind to. I think he will fit in quite well. He should make a big impact and give Mario some breathing room. Our defense should be absolutely awesome.

Since defense wins championships - I'm ready for a championship season!
    :fans:

17. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Ditto

18. GuerillaBlack

I agree. The Travis Johnson pick is a bust. Mario Williams isn't. Mario played with an injured foot all season.

19. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

20. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

travis johnson