Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Police looking for Sean Taylor

I reiterate..in my opinion...the Washington Redskins are in no way responsible for what Sean does off the field. He is a grown man. They are not his babysitters nor his keepers.

That would be a bit like saying I work for Shell and if I go rob a bank it's somehow Shell's fault because I work there....

The blame game only goes so far. It's not Dan Snyder's fault or Coach Gibb's fault or his teammates or his coaches fault that Sean makes irresponsible and criminal decisions.

Texas_Thrill said:
I disagree with the fact that you think an organization has nothing to do with it. These organizations are here to teach and install discipline for not only what u do on the field but to provide help with what you do OFF it. Yes in the end its up to you to make the decisions but let's not kid ourselves like the organization isn't there to help prep you on what is out there.

The league and teams do try to provide some guidance to the players. Of course Sean Taylor skipped part (maybe the do not brandish firearms part) of the league's clinic and got fined for it.

gtast2od.jpg

Ridiculous. Just plain ridiculous. Whoever created those was a pure *******. I'm sure that will be bleeped out.

I am not saying these organizations are soley responsible for his actions. I also belive that some organizations are run better than others. That some organizations care more about the people that work there no matter what their role is than others.

This kid is coming from a background most of us can't even imagine. You stick millions of dollars in their pockets with no life skills beyond the inner-city and you expect them to just GET IT????

I could care less if he played another down in football but I do care if I see a young man who is ONLY 22 throwing his life away b/c nobody around him cared enough to help or pull him aside and talk to him or even TRY to figure out why he his acting out in this way. Nobody ever thinks about these kids background or the way they were raised.

There was times growing up that I can relate to exactly what he was feeling in this situation. If someone had robbed me and I knew who it was I would have reacted the same way. It was and still is in many cases the law of the streets. Something I can see most of you are ignorant too or probably dont even realize exist.

Texas Thrill...

I don't agree with your opinion at all; I do have sympathy for a young man throwing his life away. A life that by all indications was going to be prosperous and successful.

At some point..some age...people are accountable for their own actions. You said he's 22. That's a grown man. He's able to process thoughts. He's able to make his own choices.

As I said the blame game only goes so far.

There have been plenty of people that grew up with less than Sean and they have gone on to be successful, law abiding citizens. Your life is what YOU make of it. Same for Sean. It's not his fault how he grew up and he's a product of that and always will be but it's HIS choice to make adult, wise decisions that don't include committing felonies.

God gave him a brain. It's time he used it. This "poor street kid" stuff only goes so far. Particularly since it's been years since he's been a kid.

Well thanks.

I don't want to sound mean because I DO have sympathy for Sean. My wish is that he would get his life straight, go play football which he excells at and be an example for kids that maybe come from the same background he does.

How great would it be if he could go to schools and tell the kids how he came from nothing and now plays NFL football at the highest level? That is what I wish for Sean.

Redskins | S. Taylor may have Contract Issues - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:15:14 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor has put his bonus in serious question for questionable behavior off the field. Taylor has $10.475 million worth of signing and option bonus payments, including a $3.32 million bonus payment not yet paid and due in April 2006. There is a chance that bonus could be withheld given his arrest this weekend. Taylor's contract has specific default language that could wind up costing him. If he is convicted, and unable to report to the Redskins, he would be in a position where he could lost even more money.

Vinny said:
Your post is pretty funny since Taylor's father is the Florida City Police Chief. Taylor's own Father is in law enforcement. He knows right from wrong.

So what you are saying that there are Black athletes who are NOT from poverty stricken, crime ridden inner city environments :confused: :confused:

another profootballtalk.com note on this situation:

Jody Foldesy of The Washington Times reports that Florida police do not contend that Redskins safety Sean Taylor fired his gun during an incident that resulted in a charge of aggravated assault, and that shots apparently were fired at Taylor during the second phase of the altercation, when Taylor alleged threw punches.

This development is significant for Taylor, since under Florida's "10-20-Life" gun law the mandatory minimum sentence for aggravated assault with a gun shoots from three years to 20 if a shot is fired.

Redskins defensive lineman Phillip Daniels looks to have some tough love ready for Taylor, who has ignored phone calls all offseason from Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs, when Taylor reports for training camp on July 31. "What better way can you embarrass the Redskins than by not returning calls from a guy who has been there and done good things for this team and this organization?" Daniels told The Washington Post. "But we've got to support [Taylor]. He needs us, and we need him on the field. We don't need him out there doing crazy stuff like this over an ATV.

"Sean's got to be smarter. Right now it's not about the fact that we need him, it's the fact of how he is as a person, and right now he's destroying his career. He's destroying it real fast. The worst thing you can do in this league is for someone to look at you and say, 'Oh, he's a knucklehead, he's always in trouble.'"

Added guard Randy Thomas: "He needs to get himself motivated. With guns and all of that, I don't get into all of that; it's so childish. Personally, I just try to stay away from things like that. The guy is a great player, but as a man, he's got to take some steps decision-wise."

WWJD, Dont get me wrong here. Sean is VERY responsible for what he did.

All I'm simply saying is most of these athletes have been given FREE passes through school and everything else. They didn't have to actually pass classes or have the consequences a normal student has when they get in trouble b/c they can score a touchdown or shoot a basket.

Does that excuse their actions no? It does however show that some folks think you put millions of dollars in these kids and some LIGHTBULB of right and wrong is suppose to go off in their head. The fact that his dead is a police chief to me only strengthens the fact that he probably believes he can get away with anything.

Preacher's kids always were the worst ones.

Safety To Go On Trial The Day After Redskins' Opener
Associated Press

MIAMI -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor would face a minimum prison sentence of three years if convicted on charges of pointing a gun during a dispute about an all-terrain vehicle.

A trial date was set for Sept. 12, the day after the Redskins open their season.

ESPN

Taylor Scheduled To Be In Court Sept. 12

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor on Tuesday rejected a plea agreement in Miami that would have included a three-year prison term.

The second-year veteran, charged with felony assault and misdemeanor battery stemming from an alleged June 1 altercation, faces a maximum of 16 years in prison if convicted of both charges. Taylor is free to travel within the United States, and, thus, to report to the Redskins' training camp as he defends himself against the charges.

ESPN

i'm just glad he wasn't around when we drafted in 2004. The DRob pick doesn't look too bad about now.

texanfan2002114 said:
I'm just glad we didn't trade up like most people in here wanted the Texans to do.

I don't think "most" people wanted to trade up. A lot did and we're all lucky that Casserly knows best. I would have taken him if he'd fallen to us so obviously I'm not GM material. I wouldn't have traded up for him, I don't think? I hope I didn't say I would. Time to go mine the old posts.

Hervoyel said:
I don't think "most" people wanted to trade up. A lot did and we're all lucky that Casserly knows best. I would have taken him if he'd fallen to us so obviously I'm not GM material. I wouldn't have traded up for him, I don't think? I hope I didn't say I would. Time to go mine the old posts.

well as it has been reported on here and from cc we tried to trade up, but i would say it worked out better that we didn't. as much as i hate to say this becuase of how much i like and stand up for sean, i think that he might need to go to prison or get suspended. he just doesn't get it, he plays a game for a living making millions and he doesn't care. i am just waiting for washington to say we don't want you to show up, but snyder won't let that happen. he was asked if he was going to be at training camp he said "we'll see", maybe he was joking but that would suprise me. i thought this situation would straighten him out, but it doesn't look like it.

And you know I'd still like to believe that certain organizations are just plain run better than others. I'd like to believe that we are a much more stable and disciplined organizations than the run a muck boys in washington. I think that had he come here casserly, capers, and his old teammate AJ would have been a stabilizing affect on him. Might not change his ways but at least keeps him out of the trouble he's in now.

Of course now if someone broke in and stole my stuff and i knew who they were and where they were well I aint saying what he did was right....but i understand.

Back