Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Point Spread Denver -6

Ranger98

Practice Squad
Any thoughts on this. I know they've lost 2 straight and the heat will be on. But with an undefeated division record a win this weekend puts us in control of our own destiny.

:headbang:

I really hope we are ready for this game. This game will say even more for our team. On the other hand every win will say more about our team.

what about the whole concept that we are in every game and if we lose it will be close. There are a lot of different ways to lose by less then 6 points.

Ive noticed they like to leave Champ in alot of one on ones, and Ive also noticed that if you leave AJ one on one with any corner in this league he makes them look silly. :hehe: Case in point, Chad Johnson vs. Champ Baily in the last Monday Night game. He was one on one pretty much the whole game and Chad had a huge night.

Broncos being favored by less than a TD while playing at home speaks volumes about the respect the Texans are getting.

yah.. they get a +3 advantage for being the home team.. so they are actually only up by 3.. not too shabby.

we need to take care of the ball. If we go into Denver and turn it over, we lose. If we take care of the ball and don't turn it over we win. Our offense is just as good, if not better than theirs. We simply have to ensure we don't beat ourselves to win this one. It will be a tough hard fought, down to the wire game, but I think we come out on top.

We shouldn't win this game, but ..... we're in the enviable position of having
minimul pressure on us - all the pressure is on the Denver. I dunnu, I've
underrated this team all year (except in the season opener against SD).
Anyway, it'll be fun to have a late afternoon kickoff and see how the team does against the Broncos.

We HAVE to stop the run. None of this Reuben Droughns 483005 bazillion yards. Make Plummer throw, and make sure he throws it to the right guys (Glenn, Robinson, Coleman, etc).

If we can score early, and do everything we can to control the clock, I don't have a doubt in my mind we can win this game.

The past two games we've be in control, and I hope they continue the solid play.

I think for us to win, in Denver, the turnover margin has to be on our favor. Not even, and defintly in thier favor. Other than that, we just need to play our game and we could possible win this. The D-line has stepped it way up the last two weeks, and if we can run the ball effectivly we have a real good shot.

Limit Mistakes , Run the ball , Stop the Run .....Win the game . A.J will have a HUGE day if they try to cover him one on one , it just cant be done . heh i could just say that every week. lol:

Texan's 20 Bronco's 17

I seriously hope none of the Texans players will pay attention to the spread. Look what happened to us in the San Diego game. This whole notion of respecet when we're favored in the spread is useless. The spread is for people looking to make some money, not about respect. We have to go out there with an underdog mentality and fight it out on the field.

I actually look for BMiller, and DArmstrong to have good games. With all the one on one coverage down field the underneath stuff in the flats will present some good matchups for us. Look for DD to some stuff receiving wise again and for Gaffney to continue his streak to 3 good games.

I'm not too surprised that Denver is favored in spite of losses to weak teams the last two weeks. When you think about it, expecting the Texans to win 3 weeks in a row and Denver to lose three weeks in a row is a little much for bettors to go for. The Broncos know they are facing a good team and I expect them to give better effort this week. Last week I think the Broncos were affected by the short week after the Monday Night game. It sure will be nice if the Texans can pull it out. They will be tied for the division lead if they do.

A Texan said:
I'm not too surprised that Denver is favored in spite of losses to weak teams the last two weeks. When you think about it, expecting the Texans to win 3 weeks in a row and Denver to lose three weeks in a row is a little much for bettors to go for. The Broncos know they are facing a good team and I expect them to give better effort this week. Last week I think the Broncos were affected by the short week after the Monday Night game. It sure will be nice if the Texans can pull it out. They will be tied for the division lead if they do.

Best division record. That gives them the tie breaker and the undisputed lead

I Live in the Denver area and listen to the sports shows. If the shows are to be believed, the Boncos are NOT taking us litely. They are not happy campers about the losses and with a home game, they will be fired up big time to get on the right track. The Boncos defense has been very good and offense has been able to play well enough with sporadic very good efforts. Jake can be pressured in to making mistakes much like we did with Terry Collins, but first we need to shutdown the run. Sounds like that is the game plan to just run the ball till Droughns drops and protect the ball at all cost. In his press conference, Shannahan made several refences to the turn overs and need to protect the ball. If they can, they will stuff the run down our necks.

if if if if if if if if if if if what ? what if i was a billionaire ? what if the texans win the Super Bowl ? What if .........

The Broncos will do everything in their ability to not enter their open week with a 3 game losing streak. This will be a very tough one to win. The fans are pissed.

I think this game will show us where we are and if we can compete with the big boys. This might be a wild card weekend matchup if that were ever to happen this year, so I think it'll show everyone whether we can hang in tough conditions

I think we already know we can compete with the big boys but that doesn't mean that we will. What it boils down to now is maintaining the established high level of performance from week to week in the passing game and on defense, continuing to win the turnover battle, and improving the running game.

Getting a win in Denver would be pretty tough, they have a very good home field advantage. We played them pretty good in preseason, and they seem to be a little more banged up then us. I don't think we win this one, but still we should be able to play with them if we remain healthy.

I dont see why some of you guys even watch the games ! It must be a suprise to a lot of you when the Texans win,,,"oh they just got lucky". Isnt this the team who's won 4 out of 5 didnt we just beat the top team in our division, beat kansas city at home, bet tennesse at home, held the #1 ranked offense in the NFL to just 7 points in the second half of a game ?
Arent we the team that has held the last 2 teams under a 125 yards rushing combined ??? No really are we ? Oh ok good so i can see why some of you dont give us a chance :thumbup way to support your team !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?idonno:

I couldn't have said it better myself Texanstruefan....Every game we played the odds were against us according to all the big shots on Espn, NFL.com, not to mention all the others....Even with homefield advantage not many thought we could pull it off with these good teams we've played, and we did....Yet, ppl still continue to doubt....Well i don't.....I know the Texans can pull this off... Remember, sometimes the angrier and more desperate you are, the worse you mess up, which is what i think will happen to the broncos....It started with the bengals, then they were even more desperate with the falcons and messed up even more....Now they are scared because their playing a confident team, TEXANS!!!!!.....Desperation produces mistakes, Confidence produces results.....My prediction still stands: TEXANS 27, BRONCOS 10.....That is if the Texans even let them score..... :jam: I'll always stand behind my team, GOOD AND BAD....

So fans who say this one will be a tough one to win somehow means they are not supporting or standing by their team? Funny.

Maybe all that means is they are not blind homers who understand the difference between hopes and expectations.

I'll always stand behind my team, GOOD AND BAD....
So will I. Never missed a Texans home game - been to several on the road. And believe me, I stood behind a lot of really bad Oilers teams for many many years.

Oh ok good so i can see why some of you dont give us a chance way to support your team !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I'm supporting my team by traveling to Denver for the game and cheering them on from Section 103, Row 41, seat 25. Is that good enough?

I give them a chance, I just think it will be very difficult to come out of there with a win. I'm guessing that most realistic and objective fans have similar expectations, although I'm sure that everyone HOPES the Texans will win.

So fans who say this one will be a tough one to win somehow means they are not supporting or standing by their team? Funny

Well no one said those who say this will be a tough game is not supporting their team, my point was for those who were already "predicting" them to lose, how much support can that be??? All games are tough...That parts a no brainer.

My only expectation for the Texans are to do their best, so i don't feel this makes me or anyone else with this type of expectation a " BLIND HOMER" I feel they can pull this off tough game and all. If they don't, i'll say they gave it their best shot, But i WILL NOT say, this games too tough for them to win. I HOPE they win, but i EXPECT them to do their best. Thats being realistic...And for those who can't understand the point i am trying to make, then just call me "HOMEY" LOL....GOOOO TEXANS!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! :headbang:

Back