Pleased with our Inside Linebacker play

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texn4life, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Sure, these guys aren't Cushing and no one will confuse them as such. But Dobbins has played as well as anyone could hope for in Cushing's absence, and James has stepped up his play as well since the beginning of the year. Even Ruud stepped in and made a tackle when Dobbins went out for a big early in the game.

We'll need these guys to continue to play at this level and probably be even better to get to the Super Bowl, but right now I'm pleased with their production especially after the all out brawl we just had.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I thought Ruud looked a bit lost when he filled in for Dobbins .... Probably expected since h's relatively new to the team.

Dobbins .... Ive said it before and he's makin me say it again ..... that dude just makes plays.

3. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

our main weakness :::::::dont let others teams see this :::::: is our middle and with COdy out of rotation that intense a fies it

is Sharpton ever coming back ....??????

4. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

But he made a tackle though! lol........... He's rusty, but he did some other good things I liked though.

As for Dobbins, I saw this guy in San Diego when he first came into the league and one thing is certain when he's on the field........ You are going to get 100 percent effort from him, and he's going to hit you like you owe him money.

5. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

He'll most likely be back in 2-3 weeks. Sharpton will probably send Ruud packing when he comes back, and Ruud probably knows that.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I dont think Sharpton is the answer .... Im much more comfortable with Dobbins on the field.

As for Cody .... you see what not having that guy on the field did to the rest of the DL .... they were "solid" but not near as good as they have been all year with Cody. The Bears were able to constantly double JJ Watt and get away with it.

7. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Sharpton is more for depth right now more than anything. If we're expecting him to come back to start then that's not smart. He'll probably come in and spell James or Dobbins for a few plays here and there since he knows the system well, but I think that will be the extent of it.

buddyboy likes this.
  8. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

Dobbins is doing well right now. I don't see any reason why Sharpton should replace him.

9. edwardc5637

edwardc5637 Rookie

They played a hell of a game tonight.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The offense didn't take the run game away from the Bears. We never got a big enough lead to force them to abandon the run.

Forte carried the ball 16 times for 39 yards. 2.44 ypc..... yeah, our MLBs did their job today.

I didn't watch the game yet, but watching the highlights, it looks like our LBs got deep, extending their pass coverage, which is amazing & something I've been saying they need to do for a long, long time. I even saw Barwin running step for step with Forte 25 yards down the field.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Barwin was on Forte the play before that one , mirrored him like he knew what was coming ... completed in the flat and tackled him instantly. I was kinda shocked to see him in coverage. (maybe thats Wades version of the prevent or maybe Barwin read the play)

Then I see him on the next play deep down the middle step for step with Forte .... That was borderline illegal contact on Barwin. Luckily it didnt get called / cost them.

12. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

These 2 guys are smart. :)

13. WG9032

WG9032 Rookie

Amazing that Bradie James can start and play well. Everyone in Dallas thought he was done, nothing but a liability.

14. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Well Dobbins is filling out a check today, will he be suspended? I think he will catch a game for that hit on Cutler. We will have to see. Somebody else needs to step up!

15. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

We should be able to beat the Jags with anyone at that position. You pick one. I think my little nephew can handle those guys. I really think we'll rest OD, Tate, and Cody another game anyway. Hopefully we can jump out on them early, rest up, and get ready for Turkey Day.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think that was a bogus call. I bet he won't be fined.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

If you saw the Texans GL stand vs the Ravens in last years PO game in Baltimore you learned then that Dobbins was a real thumper with his big 4th down hit on Rice.

18. TexanExile

TexanExile A New Hope

I suspect he will be fined but no way could he get suspended for that hit. The runner could have slid if he wanted to not be treated like a runner.

Dobbins should be really proud of the job he's doing. I agree.

19. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

It was the qb and he did'nt even have the ball anymore. Dobbins could of let up. I don't think he will be suspended though.

20. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Yep. Bears attacked us up the middle and our guys met the challenge. :bat: