Please Read About My Foundation

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by gary, Dec 21, 2008.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I feel I need to say something about people talking about The Gary J. Lynn Foundation, the golf tournament and the money raised. First, it takes a few years to build up a foundation. I did not have a large turnout for the first golf tournament but I had the number Wildcat expects for the first year or two for a new foundation. Wildcat said that if we break even on the golf tournament we will be lucky. I did better then that thanks to so many great people. It has come back to me, my family and some peole who have worked so hard to help that the golf tournament did not make money and had a small turnout. We know we did not have a large turnout but I was hoping that people had a great time and wanted to come back. That was my concern, not how many people came. All the money raised, and we did raise a nice amount, will be given to Dr. Aisen after the chili cook-off. She called me and is going to do everything possible to come in for the cook-off. She is even trying to go on a television show down here to talk about what CPIRF is and how I am helping her. There have been things said about the money. Every penny is in the bank. I do not, like other people raise money and then use it.
    To these people saying and spreading these things I know who you are. Please, do not come to the Chili cook-off, motorbike ride in April, fishing tournament or the golf tournament next year. I am working very hard to do something good and I do not need anyone coming and causing problems and lies because they are not doing what I am. I am very fortunate to have great friends and sponsors who want to help. This is slander and if I hear anything again I will post my whole story on here and the names of the people who are belittling me and The Gary J. Lynn Foundation.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

You get em, Gary!! We got your back!!!

3. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Easy buddy...taking the high road will always be the best option.

Naysayers will come no matter what you do. You can sell tires, hot dogs or dope and you will always get haters.

Always do what YOU know is right and let the chips fall where they may.

4. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I wasnt aware there were any negative responses to your foundation. Thats kind of messed up

5. gary

gary Hall of Fame

It is messed up when people try to do good things and other people say negative things instead of just going away. All Texan fans should help each other.:texflag:

6. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

You're right...it is messed up, G.

But you should try (I know it's not easy) to take the high road on stuff like this.

People are smart. They can see and hear for themselves. Stay on your path and know you are making a difference.

Everything else will take care of itself.

7. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Gary poeple will do anything to get thier fifteen minutes of fame. Just let it ride and follow the path that leads the Gary J. Lynn Foundation into the sunlight. You have a great foundation and that will never change. If people are saying stuff about you then it is probably cause they should be saying it about themselves. You are Greater than that and so just let them cry, hand them a tissue. I for one will be there front and center next year and the year after that and the year after that. You keep up the good work and I will always help you whenever you need it.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Gary, I don't know who said what (and probably don't wanna know because I don't want to be arrested), but I for one had a great time at the Golf Tournament and as you know my company sponsored a hole. We intend on doing it again at the next tournament and the next, and the next, etc.. I certainly will be there for the cook-off and showing support for your foundation at every turn...

Forget the haters.

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Thank you for your support.

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Gary, I am stunned! I haven't heard a negative word, and like Bill, I am glad I haven't, cause I wouldn't take it very well. I might not get physical like Bill, lol, BUT, I have a big mouth and not afraid to tell someone off.

You have been given some good advise by the above posters IMHO. Take the high road, and don't let the people who gossip and spread nasty rumors get to you. You are much better and a BIGGER person than any of them. It will work out cause you have friends who REALLY do care.

LOVE YA!!
    Gma

11. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Sorry to hear about this unpleasant situation, lot's of good advice in this thread though, best of luck to everything you do with your foundation Gary, it's a great cause, keep up the good work. :)

12. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Email me or tell Doc what is going on.

13. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Hey bud, people that really know you and your mother know what you guys are about. Keep pushing don't let the roaches keep you down my friend.

And hey, December is about to be over so hopefully we'll be hearing back from the committee soon on their quarterly donations bud. I've got a good feeling.

14. gary

gary Hall of Fame

My mom said to let it go. She says small minds talk and big minds do. That's why I have the foundation. Thank you to all my friends.

15. Texan_Bill

Fact-o-life: Always listen to your mother!!

16. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

and grandmother!!!:heart::shetexan:

17. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Roc wants to be buy a hole again too.

18. Texan_Bill

Of course!!!!! I meant to say that too....

19. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

Sorry to hear that Gary. Keep doing the great things that you are doing, and let karma take care of the nay-sayers.

PS...Looking forward to the Chili Cook-off in February.

20. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I don't know who did this Gary, but it's times like these that we need to turn to our creator. When Jesus was wronged, what did he do?

Matthew 5:39
    But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5:43-44
    You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

Luke 6:29
    If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

Gary, God made you and loves you just the way you are. Keep up the great work, do not listen to those spreading these rumors, and remember that your Texans friends will support you in thick and in thin. You are creating a lasting legacy that will live far longer than any of us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :dance3:

DiapHer likes this.