Please join me in a Texans tradition as we call out the last names

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Craig., Oct 9, 2012.

1. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

of our defensive...blah blah they're all on the field doing warmups.

I've only been a season ticket holder since 07 but this has always seemed less like a tradition and more like a complete crap shoot. More often than not they come out as a 'unit' and the crowd half-heartedly shouts out the names.

Is this really a tradition or are the front-office people clowning us?

2. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

xvideo

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I started going to games in '05, became a season ticket holder in '06. Then, more often than not, they came out one at a time & it was a different experience, a better experience.

Now like you've said, they've come out together, as a symbol of unity I guess.

I think it's silly that we continue to introduce them one by one & say their names...

But if the players would rather come out as a group, I'm all for it. Like TexanBill says, it's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

4. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

It wasn't until the last few years they started to come out as a unit. I think the offensive starters still come out one by one. Maybe it'd be better if we just started doing the offensive names? lol

5. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

I've been going to games since 2010. In my experience the defensive starters always come out one by one, but it's the offensive guys that tend to just come out as a unit with the half-hearted shouting you described.

I definitely think it has something to do with Kubiak wanting the offense to stay focused for the beginning of the game.