-Indianapolis 4-3
-Cleveland 3-4
-Kansas City 3-4
-Tennessee 3-5
-Cincinatti 2-5
-Buffalo 2-5
-Oakland 2-6
-Miami 1-7

#6 San Diego would play at #3 Jacksonville (Wildcard)
#1 Pittsburgh would await the winner

#5 NY Jets would play at #4 Denver (Wildcard)
#2 New England would await the winner

Full Playoff Coverage
This post is here to show how close we are to jumping into that #3 seed or #6 seed even if it is week 9. Every game counts!!

Every game always counts. That is the one thing I dislike most of all is when people start saying, "if the regular season ended today...." or "if the playoffs started today...." The playoffs start after the regular season is over, and the regular season is only over after everyone plays 16 games.

Excellent post. We are so close to climbing to the top of the mountain. Injuries are playing a part for every team. Looks like the Jags may have an injury problem as the result of our game. Only time will tell what the situation is there.

Oilers/Texans said:
Every game always counts. That is the one thing I dislike most of all is when people start saying, "if the regular season ended today...." or "if the playoffs started today...." The playoffs start after the regular season is over, and the regular season is only over after everyone plays 16 games.
He is just giving us some perspective as to how we relate to the other teams in the playoff race. I think we all understand that the playoffs are based on the schedule and how many games we win over the course of it.

In Football more than ANY other sport Every game is meaningful . with only a 16 game schedule you cant afford to lose or take a game off . Baseball 162 games Basketball 82? games and even Hockey players can afford to take a game off to rest or heal an injury since each game means less over the course of the season . Those sports are marathon's , Football is a sprint in comparison.
Throw in the fact that the NFL is the most competitive league of them all because of the salary cap and revenue sharing . With everyone on an even playing field financialy makes every game all the more important . Last seadon for instance the Texans were three plays away from an 8-8 record . This season Jacksonville is 5-3 but 3 plays away from 2-6 . Not only does every game matter but almost every play has meaning . :twocents:

Vinny, perhaps this could be placed in one of your stickys and updated each week. He's done a very nice job.

Vinny said:
He is just giving us some perspective as to how we relate to the other teams in the playoff race. I think we all understand that the playoffs are based on the schedule and how many games we win over the course of it.

Thank you Vinny.

This is exciting...for the fact that we have never been in this type of situation this far into the season. It is a post to show how truly, every game counts.

Ibar_Harry said:
Vinny, perhaps this could be placed in one of your stickys and updated each week. He's done a very nice job.

Thanks Ibarr....cbssportsline has great informitive info that I transferred over here.

Back