Playoffs...Divisional Round...New England Patriots!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JamTex, Jan 8, 2017.

1. JamTex

JamTex All Pro Texans Fan!

On Saturday, Jan 14th at 7:15 pm, The Texans will travel to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough to take on the New England Patriots.
    The game will be aired on CBS nationally.
    Now let's be real. Do the Texans even have a snowflakes chance in hell of winning this game? No.
    It isn't impossible, but in the playoffs, the Patriots led by Tom Brady and coached by Bill Belichick, don't lose. Especially at home.
    The Texans will have to play even better defense then they have been thus far. The offense will have to hold on to the ball and score on long drives that keep Tom Brady on the side line.
    Run the ball, short, high percentage passes that move the chains. Score touchdowns in the red zone. Tackle well on special teams and keep them pinned a long way from the endzone. Those will be the keys to getting a Texans win.
    It's a tall order, but it is within the realm of possibility for the Texans to come home with a win and continue their playoff run.
    I don't think it'll happen though. I hate to predict a Texans loss and the end of our season, but we have to be realistic here.

Texans 17
    Patriots 37

xtruroyaltyx and ROO like this.
  2. cstyle42

cstyle42 All Pro

Texans shock the world. Texans 27 Patriots 17

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

This week I'm going to take comfort in the fact that our defense is playoff-caliber. Just hope the O can pull one out......just one time....ONE TIME.. as Sam Rutigliano might say.

Danomite and bigmck like this.
  4. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler SPEED KILLS

Early line:
    Pats -16

ATXtexanfan and 76Texan like this.
  5. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler SPEED KILLS

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel BUENO!

I'm looking for silver linings her and all I can come up with is that Vince Wilfork won't have to travel far to get home after his last game as a Texan.

This is going to be an execution. Texans have no chance whatsoever.

7. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

It seems the majority of people just want to write this game off as a loss and assume our season is already over.

Well I say we've been following this team all year. There's 8 teams left in this tournament and for all our warts we can still win it all. This team will never be more motivated than they will for this game.

Going against the best team left in the tournament and that 27-0 loss earlier this season fresh in their minds. They'll be reminded all week by the national media that they have no shot. But something tells me they aren't gonna just roll over and let the Pats advance.

This team has overcome so much adversity to get here and showed a level of toughness worthy of a Lombardi trophy. The next step is Saturday night and the Texans will continue their Cinderella season!!!

8. Smkymcpt

Smkymcpt Rookie

I think the defense needs to prepare for Bennett and their rb's. I don't think we have a linebacker that can cover Bennett. Mckinney covering Bennett scares me. I kind of hope they put a cb on him on passing plays to try to prevent catches and maybe snag an int because of a rushed throw from Brady. That's my ideal scenario at least. I forgot where I read that NE is #1 in scoring defense this year. But their total time in the field isn't much. We are #1 in total yards allowed, and we are one of the highest defenses in time being out on the field. Hope for a good game and a Texans win!!!

Texas Jake, thunderkyss and bigmck like this.
  9. bigmck

bigmck Veteran

I tend to agree with the above. I am not quite as pessimistic or realistic, which ever the case may be, as the thread starter. I do see a chance for victory. I keep my spirits up by thinking of Super Bowl III. The Jets had no chance in hell, yet..........

Texan_fan_13 likes this.
  10. Supertoad

Supertoad All Pro

We CAN WIN IF...

Clowney knocks Brady out of the game early.

It snows and makes passing useless in which case I like our defense and ground game

God comes to earth and destroys Satan's #1 minion (Bellicheat) and gives us the win by infusing Brock with superhuman abilities.

In all seriousness we can win this game. Defense needs to play lights out; we need to limit mistakes, and we need TDs instead of fgs when we get to the red zone. If those 3 things don't happen it will be a massacre.

ROO and bigmck like this.

11. Wolfiegrrl

Wolfiegrrl Wonder Woman

I think we need to ask ourselves, "Is our defense enough to put pressure on Tom Brady?" I think they are. That 27-0 loss was when we were counting on Watt being the wrecking ball. Instead, we got wrecked when he left the game. Now we have a defense with an identity outside of Watt. I think the Patriots would be stupid to look past Clowney, Mercilus, McKinney, Bouye and the gang. Who knows, we may have Simon back for that game! Let's go Texans!

Lucky likes this.
  12. TheRealJoker

If you haven't heard AJ Bouye's interview after the Raiders game give it a listen. Gives you great insight into this team's mindset right now.

He heard a national media guy the day of the game say they had to get Amari Cooper on the Texans corners because he's BETTER than them. Bouye and the rest of the secondary took that personally and shut Cooper down to the tune of 2 catches for 10 yards on 10 targets.

The bulletin board material for the Raiders game is nothing compared to what they'll be getting this week. Everybody is going to tell them that they are going to get slaughtered. But this team will bottle up all that motivation and unleash it on the Pats Saturday!

The biggest recipe for an upset in any sport is two-sided:

1) One team hearing they're gonna get their butts kicked but believing they'll win.

2) One team believing what people that aren't gonna be playing are saying.

Texas Jake and thunderkyss like this.
  13. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I'll be happy if we don't crap the bed as bad as we did the first time up there.

The Pencil Neck likes this.
  14. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I'm hoping the Texans Revenge Game Tour goes on for 3 more weeks. I'm not unrealistic about the Texans chances of winning this week, but since those chances aren't zero, I'm not giving up hope. It will take a perfect game from the Texans to pull of the upset, but stranger things have happened, especially in the NFL.

15. Texan_fan_13

Texan_fan_13 Can we find a QB? Pretty Please

I want to add the next home game for this team is the super bowl. I think it's been on their mind all season. Just never talked about

bigmck likes this.
  16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

What we want and the odds on favorite of what we'll get are very different. At least we're alive for one more week.

17. TheRealJoker

What were the odds on the Texans becoming AFC South Champions when JJ Watt was ruled out Brian? Can I call you Brian?

What were the odds on the Texans having the #1 defense in the league despite starting 21 different players on the unit over the course of the season?

The Texans have overcame larger odds this season than a game against the best team in the league.

Texas Jake likes this.
  18. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Belly-check is masterful at making gametime adjustments. I think we'll beat the Patsies in a playoff game—when hell freezes over.

Patriots 42
    Texans 6

Here's Johnny! likes this.
  19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Who's Brian? And no, you can't call me that, it's not my name.