Playoff Talk...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tarheeltexan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. tarheeltexan

tarheeltexan Rookie

Seriously guys, with TJ Yates as our QB... How far do you guys think we could get in the playoffs??

superbowl????

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

i take it by the name you just became a fan since TJ came to Houston. Let me break it down for you, we have had nothing to get really excited about in houston since after we beat the cowboys 19-10 in 2002. We have had 1 winning season before now, we have had a 2-14 season. We have had to endure our franchise never signing anyone during free agency that could make it onto the field without their cane.

But yet all of us have held onto hope thru all of that, so why would we stop holding onto hope now ??? Hell yeah they can win the superbowl with T.J.

And i believe they will, it may be like a child believing in Santa. But its my belief.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Honestly, I have a feeling that our season ends in the AFC Championship in Baltimore, but we can beat anybody. It's just going to take a lot of effort and some luck, because there's always some luck involved.

4. TexansJohn

TexansJohn Subscribed Contributor

All the way to the SB including a win over the Packers.

After what I have seen our guys go through this year with all of the injuries, I believe that we have the talent and desire to beat any opponent in any venue, including Aaron Rodgers.

I don't listen to the doubters out there on NFLN and ESPN. None of them believed NYG would make it past Tampa Bay in the 2007 wildcard game and they went on to win the SB and keep the Pats from perfection. I believe we can do the same to Green Bay.

5. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Did you really forget the score of our biggest game in franchise history arguably up until this year?

:toropalm:

6. TexansJohn

TexansJohn Subscribed Contributor

To add to my prior comment, this is the first time that I have seen our guys believe they can win. Connor Barwin's forced fumble on Cincy's O, TJ's 17-yard scramble to save the drive......these guys are hungry and can taste it.

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

fixed it for ya...
    :barman:

8. ThaJokaa

ThaJokaa True Texans Fan

:mariopalm::mariopalm::mariopalm::mariopalm:

9. TheEastwood

TheEastwood Veteran

Proof that ellisunit is not a day one fan as he subscribes to or a horrible mistake. You choose. 19-10 is pretty basic for a Texans fan though. You know being the first game and all. Its provided much shit talking against the Dallas fans over the years.

10. 80tothezone

80tothezone Hall of Fame

while Baltimore scares me a little hopefully we will be fielding the beast on O not to mention our D is not the D they faced in week 5. I think we win that game. Only team that really scaresme a lot is Ne for the Brady factor

11. Seasick Sailor

Seasick Sailor Rookie

What it really comes down to is that with this team, you just can't count them out. There's something happening here that defies logic. We should have collapsed this year and didn't. Who knows where this train will stop, but we might as well enjoy the ride.

12. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Will we win or lose? Who knows. Will we go deep? Who knows.

Can't and won't make predictions.
    I tell ya what though. Nobody scares me.

The Patriots and their one-dimensional team? Nope.

The Ravens and Flacco's propensity to turn Flaccid? Nope.

The Steelers and their horrible offensive line? Nope.

13. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

No.1 seed would be a big help. Go Broncos, Chargers 49ers. If the D stays healthy "Any Given Sunday"

14. EllisUnit

yeah i messed that up, haha and yes i had actually forgotten the score that is just a little sad, i put partial blame for that on McNair for giving me a short memory.

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I'm feeling real crappy this morning, and truly thinking about neg repping you for this statement, BUT, I'll cut ya some slack!!:headhurts:

I am an OLD lady, way past retirement age, and I have NEVER forgotten that day, or that score, and NEVER will. I'll take it to my grave! NOR have I ever blamed Daddy Bob for my short memory when it comes to our team. If you fly with the diehards then you fly all the way, or bale out!! JMO!

16. EllisUnit

haha it was honestly just a mental error, i guess the humor was lost in my statment about Mcnair. Called a joke......

17. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I guess the question is, do you believe in magic? Not the smoke and mirrors, supernatural stuff going on in Denver. But, a group of very good players believing in themselves and overachieving. When very good players overachieve, they can become champions.

I am beginning to believe. More importantly, the Texans themselves are beginning to believe. Right now, anything is possible.

thunderkyss likes this.
  18. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

If the Texans host the AFC playoffs, NO ONE is coming into Reliant and winning the game. There is no way, especially for an AFC Championship game. Like New Orleans in 2009.

19. Fili

Fili All Pro

When we play Ravens...

20. RCPM

RCPM DILLIGAF

If Andre is 100%, and TJ and him have any chemistry at all, then, yes, I believe we can make it to and win the superbowl.