Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Playoff Picture:

Lets first get above .500 before we start this type of talk. Till then, lets consider the words of Jim Mora, Jr.

"What's that? Uh -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"

mora_jim0108.jpg

Ya I knew that quote was coming but still interesting to watch, soo tonight you know wat team to cheer for.

we get eliminated tonight, no way the skins beat the ravens. a winning season is our goal now, playoffs next year.

We have to win out (9-7) and then the Ravens and Pats or Jets have to lose out. And Miami can only win 1 more game. Pats or Jets would win the East, & the non-east winner & Ravens would finish 8-8, and Miami could finish 9-7 & we own the tie-break.

I think.

Playoffs out of question, building towards next year again, 8-8 or 9-7 were expectations and maybe we meet that. Sucks but the reality

Wellllll this said I am holding on unil it is reality and we are officially eliminated...
Which could be tonight(lets hope not though!)

ive been saying we where out a month ago when we lost to Indy for the millionth time

and who says we can beat Chicago ............

ive been saying we where out a month ago when we lost to Indy for the millionth time

and who says we can beat Chicago ............

You can say that all you want but according to our record we are not out until Balt. wins.

Its going to be tough. I don't even wanna set myself up for a let down and think playoffs. I'm just gonna take it one game at a time and hope those kids go out there and battle, and bust their tails on every play, because right now they are playing like a darned good football team. :texflag:

Damn Colts game.

And the two INTs in the redzone at Minnesota.

And the other Colts game.

And the first Jacksonville game.

Damn Colts game.

And the two INTs in the redzone at Minnesota.

And the other Colts game.

And the first Jacksonville game.

And that damn Steelers game, and the Titans game, and the Ravens game.......

Damn you Richard Smith!

We're a coin-flip and an epic, unprecedented one-man-meltdown from being 8-5 and right in the playoff hunt.

As I look back on this season I think the first Jacksonville game and the Miami game even each other out nicely. The first Indy loss, however, is a game I still have a difficult time accepting as a loss. It won't come back to haunt us playoff wise but when its all said and done maybe its the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 and that's only significant because we have never finished above .500. In the end though I can't be too disappointed whatever we finish at because the defense just let us down so profoundly at the start of the season that we really didn't deserve better in the win/loss category than exactly what we got. Fix the defense, and it is getting better, and then maybe I'll start doing some what ifs.

i'm disappointed this thread title was fixed. i much preferred 'Playoof Picture' ... mostly because it's the phonetic spelling of someone trying to say playoff, but being rudely interrupted by a punch to the gut. ... things like that make me smile.

i'm disappointed this thread title was fixed. i much preferred 'Playoof Picture' ... mostly because it's the phonetic spelling of someone trying to say playoff, but being rudely interrupted by a punch to the gut. ... things like that make me smile.

Now that's funny!

It's still disappointing to see teams like Miami and Atlanta go from being terrible one year to doing well the next.

Hopefully the Texans finally get over the damn hump next year and can build something that will last for years instead of some of the one year wonders that we've seen in previous years (2006 Saints).

Wish I could rep this!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

we need matt schaub to stay healthy all season
a power back
no hurricane

and next year will be playoff time.

The Texans are learning how to win. They are trying to learn to play with confidence.

What they have done better than most teams in the league is to learn to not fall apart with adversity. Some teams would have completely imploded at 0-4.

The Texans are learning how to win. They are trying to learn to play with confidence.

What they have done better than most teams in the league is to learn to not fall apart with adversity. Some teams would have completely imploded at 0-4.
winning on the road starts to give you confidence. That is one thing this team has never done before. Frankly the last time we won two road games in a row was back in 2004 under Dom Capers. I think we are finally at the point where we are having just enough success to start to believe in it fully.

And yet all too many Texans fans insist that Gary Kubiak is a liability as a head coach and should be fired. I am frustrated as anyone else watching this team give games away, but they're not quitting on the season. That's a testament to Kubiak.

And yet all too many Texans fans insist that Gary Kubiak is a liability as a head coach and should be fired. I am frustrated as anyone else watching this team give games away, but they're not quitting on the season. That's a testament to Kubiak.
I wouldn't give Kubiak too much credit for this remarkable 7 win season....but he has done a great job with most of the team, most of the time. He has had some really hard to watch moments, and the team still plays too soft at times...but finesse teams generally get a little soft. Soft, finesse teams tend to turn the ball over quite a bit too. If this team could ever find a mean streak we may have something.

Back