Players to watch for on last day

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by keyser, Apr 29, 2011.

1. keyser

keyser Hall of Fame

I will admit that I don't follow College football enough to know how good any of these players really are, but I thought I would look at some of the top rated players still out there, and the ones that look interesting to me, as possible Texans draft picks.

Marcus Canon: Top rated OL prospect (1st rounder) who is dropping due to a cancer diagnosis (chances are he can beat it, but he's now doing chemo). He doesn't seem to fit a ZBS, and would need to move inside. But, if the Texans were willing to wait, and he learned the system, he could be a steal. I know OL is not a big need for Houston, but I think it's good to draft OL every year, and give them time to develop.

Edmond Gates: WR prospect. Mainly like him since he's from my alma mater, Abilene Christian University, but I do think we could use a WR.

Clint Boling: OG prospect. Seems well suited for a Zone system. Has played Tackle and even TE.

Sam Acho: I expect Longhorn fans know whether he'd be a good OLB prospect. Even with Reed, it seems we could use another?

Who else should I be looking at?

2. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

There are some solid choices and some gambles in no particular order players I like:

S Ahmad black
    Wr Edmund gates
    Wr Terence toliver
    Rb jacquiz Roger
    Wr/rb/kr Taiwan jones
    Nt jerrell Powell
    Nt Ian Williams
    Ilb Colin McCarthy
    Ilb mark herzilich
    Ilb Casey Matthews
    Wr Dwayne Harris
    Wr Dane sanzenbacher

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I can't believe Chris Carter is still available. I want him in 9 picks for backup ILB/OLB. I also like Ricky Elmore and Mikaele however you spell it. LB and NT respectively from Arizona. Reed's teammates. If chris neild is from west Virginia could be a good pick. Is Shiloh Keo still available at Ss?

4. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

I like Chris Carter as well & would be perfectly happy if we take him in the 4th. But, my boy Quinton Carter (SS/FS) is still on the board & taking him in the 4th would make me just as happy as you were when they took Watt. :hurrah:

5. texanchris

texanchris Veteran

what about Quinton Carter? He could be a good SS if they texans do move Quinn to FS.

6. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I'd love to see us add an Iowa Hawkeye here... particularly Ricky Stanzi with our 4th round pick.

It would be a perfect situation for Stanzi to come into, the guy has starter potential with proper development. We aren't keeping Leinart and Orlovski isn't the answer. We need to get a solid QB to develop. He's got all the tools to run this offense and unlike Schaub, he has some speed for the bootleg.

7. Blake

Blake MMQB

I think we should go DB or pass rusher again.

Sam Acho
    Davon House
    Quinton Carter
    Chris Carter
    DeAndre McDaniel
    Deunta Williams