Play for Pride??????

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Dec 13, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

All of a sudden, this becomes important NOW??????? Funny, this apparently hasn't been much of a priority to date.

Kubiak seemingly prepares us for another loss with comments like yesterday's about the Seahawks..............

.............I can hardly wait for Kubiak's comments prior to playing the happless Rams.

LINK

2. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Just once, I'd like him to say "They suck and we're going to kick their ass".

SheTexan likes this.
  3. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

as usual (when its not an injury related post) you're reaching for something to ***** about. its kinda comical

every single coach in the nfl praises the other team pre-game. expecting kubiak to say something inflammatory for the other team to use is idiotic

4. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

This does not need to be said. They just need to go out and do it.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Yeah, because it's so difficult to find a complaint while the Texans are in the midst of such a great season.

There are 70,000 fans who paid good $$$ to watch this game today. That should be enough for these guys to play for. Too often, it's not. Fortunately, the Texans play another uninspired team on occasion. That should be the case today.

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Thanks for the backhanded swipe. But I have no problem acting as the "Devil's Advocate" in a sea of blinded homerism. The team has always told us what they WILL be accomplishing. And the end result? This may be good enough for some fans. But after so many years, for others, their ears have gone deaf, while their eyes see things for what they are.

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Remember, there's something else to play for today. Draft position. Currently, the Texans are in the #12 spot, while the Seahags are sitting at #9. Both are well out of Ndamukong Suh range, however.

[​IMG]

8. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Nah. I'd rather win than worry about our draft position. That's in April. Give me my money's worth now. I already paid for it. I haven't gotten an invoice for next season yet.

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Actually, the more wins now, the less the Texans will have to pay out to a draft pick. There's likely little difference between #9 and drafting in the mid teens.

The invoice for next season? Unless changes are made, that will be a tough pill to swallow.

10. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Once again, i'd rather not be concerned with our draft status at this time. Draft issues and rankings change everyday. Players will rise and fall on draft day. Forget about saving money for next season as well. I've paid for this season already. I demand that they give us a good show. Next season be damned.